What Scriptures?

What Scriptures?

As most of you know, our family is going through a very hard time right now.

With the state of the world in general, there are so many going through hard times. I thought it would be nice to start a thread where we can post scriptures that help us when going through hard times. I hope you will join in with me.

Isaiah 41:10

10Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Blessings, Cheri

…casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.

1 Peter 5:7

And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Hebrews 11:6

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; they rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Psalm 23:4-5

Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.
Psalm 31-24

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 14:27

Nice thread sister!!!!

God bless,

Godbe4me

God won't forsake us...ever. (Hebrews 13:5). Unlike the world, he's here to stay. He won't ever leave you. This year has also been a hard one. Especially right now. We are struggling financially. We've had out heat turned off so many times, our cable gets turned off along with the Internet the the phone. it's just that we don't have any money.

but i'm so glad that Jesus loves me and that he thinks the world of me. his thoughts are as many as grain of sand (psalm 139). he thinks about us every hour, ever minute, every second. people will forget about you. but God, he will never forget about you. ever.

For I know the plans for you, plans to prosper and not to harm you.
^When God made you, he had a plan for you already. He knows what the future holds, he knows what the present holds. He knows how old you are going to be before you reach Him, he know everything. and he knows the plans he has for us. because HE CREATED THEM. and God knows what you're going to be like in ten years, and he's preparing you for the future. because he knows what's going to happen so he knows what you need to be prepared. and his plans, they aren't horrible. you are his workmanship (Ephesians 2:10).

The verse I love..

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

I have no idea how many times in the bible we are told not to be afraid but I know it's a lot. God must really want us to get that or He wouldn't keep reminding us. :amen:I love this verse. And I love this thread, too! Thanks!

awww This is beautiful sis!!!!And.. a sweet thing to think about!!!

In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and he heard me Psalm 120:1

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find;knock, and it shall be opened unto you: Mathew 7: 7

Psalm 46

1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.

2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,

3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.
Selah

Psalm 27

1 The LORD is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

2 Timothy 1:7

7For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

Hebrews 13:6

6So we say with confidence,
"The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?"
[
1 John 4:18

18There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

This is a wonderful thread.

Joshua 1:7
Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.

I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. (Psalm 16:8)

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war rise up against me, yet I will be confident. (Psalm 27: 1, 3)

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. (Psalm 32:7-8)

Isaiah 54:17No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 40:28-31

28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.

29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

Back