What Were Your Marriage Vows To Jesus?

There are too many smart Christians on this site :).

Let me re-phrase the OP.

Do you agree that our vows to God should sound like His vow of love to us? The question is, if we are honest with ourselves, can we say this?

This verse from God 'should' work both ways don't you think?

Rom 8:35-39
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No kind of suffering should be able to separate God from our love for Him.

There are too many smart Christians on this site :).

Let me re-phrase the OP.

Do you agree that our vows to God should sound like His vow of love to us? The question is, if we are honest with ourselves, can we say this?

This verse from God 'should' work both ways don't you think?

Rom 8:35-39
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No kind of suffering should be able to separate God from our love for Him.

For better or worse, thick and thin, poor or rich.......I look forward and am pressing forward to the high calling of God in Christ Jesus my Lord!

Thanks for asking King!

We can all accept a God that does Rom 8:38, 39 but as long as that is what He brings to the table, not us.

What we all need to grasp is that this period on earth is perhaps the ONLY time that God has to give us the opportunity to 'test / prove' our love. Suffering can come in ANY form! That is what I gather from this scripture.

Back