What will be the offical language of heaven?

Hello Major;

When you mentioned Faith being the official language of the Kingdom, I agree, and there is more I would like to share. There are 3 areas of Faith,
"The Before"
the assurance of things hoped for - reference Hebrews 1, "The During" being still and knowing who God is - reference Psalms 46:10 and the "The After" Christ is coming soon - reference Revelation 22:12-13.

The language and Scriptural tongues that has been discussed equates to humanity while on this earth. Heaven will not have an official human language but a communication that questions, answers and sings equating to the Holy Spirit.

For example, when I join you all in Heaven, I would love to meet George Washington and ask him questions in plain English. But while imagining he and I are having a discussion about America's Revolution and after receiving the answers to my questions, "Wow, Mr. President, is that what really happened" I don't believe thats going to happen in an English audible, but will receive my answer equating to the Holy Spirit.

Keeping in mind John was given the Word in Hebrew while receiving the Prophecy in Revelation but this was being received while John was still on earth.

Of course, God can use any form of communication in Heaven. But can anyone support this in Scripture?

God bless
us all and our families.

I When I get to heaven, I think that one of the first things I will do is to go and find Noah and ask him why in the world he brought those two mosquitoes on to the Ark.

Just a thought, but after doing a study recently in the Book of Matthew 22:34-40, Love is the theme, "37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

I wonder if the universal language in Heaven might be 'love'. (?)

Just a thought, but after doing a study recently in the Book of Matthew 22:34-40, Love is the theme, "37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

I wonder if the universal language in Heaven might be 'love'. (?)

Now of course the next question has to be........what does love sound like?

Then I thought.........Is FAITH going to be required "after" we get to heaven.??????

Faith is believing what we can not see and if we have realized heaven, does faith then end.

Now that should give you all something to think about.

I think that one aspect of believing by faith is that one's self is not the arbiter of what is true.

We will always be limited beings with partial understandings, even after we see face to face (1 Cor 13:12). Faith will always shed light where we cannot see.

I think that one aspect of believing by faith is that one's self is not the arbiter of what is true.

We will always be limited beings with partial understandings, even after we see face to face (1 Cor 13:12). Faith will always shed light where we cannot see.

I hear you and understand what you are saying. But what about the Scripture that says in 1 Corth. 2:16...........
ā€œFor who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ."

We as Christians, have The views, feelings, and temper of Christ and as such we are influenced by his Spirit.

Then after we we get to heaven we see in 1 John 3:2...........
ā€œBeloved, we are Godā€™s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he isā€.

Now Hebrews 11:1 says..............
ā€œNow faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.ā€

When we arrive in heaven, that means the "things" we have prayed for and hoped for are now SEEN/REALIZED.

What does all this mean. IMPO, it seems to me that the Scriptures are saying that there will come a day, an eternal day, wherein an instance of revealing will enable Christians to eternally experience a full conclusion, an end to an earthly life and a life in heaven begins that includes a direct and permanent presence of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. In that day, That says to me that there will then be no need for faith.

Faith then, as understood and experienced by earth-bound Christians, will cease to exist. The mechanism of salvation through faith will be fulfilled. The inferred evidence of Hope will resound with first-hand, eyewitness evidence.

Anyway, just my thoughts and anyone is welcome to have a different opinion. If you do, Scriptures would be helpful for me to understand.

Now of course the next question has to be........what does love sound like?
Won't there be silence in heaven for an hour..?

I know what a Quaker meeting sounds like cos I've been to a few. Nobody talks for an entire hour which is great.

The other thing I think about is how faith hope and love (or other translations, charity) are three but the greatest is love (or charity).

Love can be the presence of God or being embraced by Him, where we are speechless and in a state of divine realisation. I honestly don't think we will need words in the presence of God as what would we even say?

My idea of what heaven sounds like is like a dream I once had.
I dreamt I was downloading Gods tunes from His iCloud account and I remember frantically thinking I need to make sure they donā€™t get lost.

i think He has me booked in to his music studio when I arrivešŸ˜Ž

I think the original question was "Is FAITH going to be required "after" we get to heaven." I think of the apostle Thomas when the Lord told him "Blessed are those who do not see, but believe." (Could be a paraphrase.) In my simple way of thinking it seems, since we will see, we will absolutely believe. Also we will believe so completely that if we are shown ever deeper truths during eternity, doubt will be impossible, hence faith will be an attribute of our heavenly nature. JMHO.

Isn't hope that is seen not hope at all?
Hope is a bit different to faith. Faith sees. But then the mountain removing faith is nothing without love.

I don't know if by the time we enter heaven all those mountains will be removed. Or we will be on top of that mountain, so we won't even need to climb anymore and can rest?

Note that John was carried to a 'great and high mountain' in Revelation 21:10

I think the original question was "Is FAITH going to be required "after" we get to heaven." I think of the apostle Thomas when the Lord told him "Blessed are those who do not see, but believe." (Could be a paraphrase.) In my simple way of thinking it seems, since we will see, we will absolutely believe. Also we will believe so completely that if we are shown ever deeper truths during eternity, doubt will be impossible, hence faith will be an attribute of our heavenly nature. JMHO.

Actually......the original thread questions was......"What will the official language of heaven be"?

I do not know.......was just asking.

As for FAITH after heaven, it seems to me that when something is actually realized, the need to believe that that something is true (by faith) ends and reality replaces faith.

Actually......the original thread questions was......"What will the official language of heaven be"?

I do not know.......was just asking.

As for FAITH after heaven, it seems to me that when something is actually realized, the need to believe that that something is true (by faith) ends and reality replaces faith.
Thanks for the correction. :)

Revelation suggest people from all tribes nations and tongues will be in heaven so officially...its all tongues. Who says there has to be just one? I think even baby-talk is allowed.

Angels are said to be speaking with 'the voice of many waters' 'the voice of a great thunder' and 'the voice of harpers harping with their harps'

Anyone heard a live orchestra, it's made up of many instruments all with a unique sound, all playing their parts in perfect harmony.

The 144,000 that learn the new song that only they can learn...is it in a secret language? who knows.

When Jesus makes his appearance on a white horse he is called 'Faithful and True' so I don't think faith necessarily ends in heaven.

Interesting question...

I don't think language should be any barrier to faith or entry into Heaven.

Back