What?!?!?!

M

Mark_18

What?!?!?!

KJV Red Letter Edition (Collins World)

Psalm 146:3

"Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help."

I assume by son of man, it means man, not Christ? I thought Jesus is the Son of man...

Jesus is THE Son of Man, but "son of man" can also be a generic term referring to a person. If you read through the book of Ezekiel, you will find that Ezekiel is frequently referred to as "son of man", a reference to his comman humanity with the rest of God's people (as opposed to his position as priest, which could have been seen as setting him above them.)

In the verse you quote it is definitely talking about ordinary human men.

blessings,

Lynn

Yes son of man here would be just people. VS 4 tells us that the son of man talked about in VS 3 will live his life then return to the earth showing that mortality.
The psalm is about trusting God and not men. So you would be correct

Thanks guys, I just didn't know that the term was also used for mankind.

God bless!

Thanks guys, I just didn't know that the term was also used for mankind.

God bless!

Mark_18,

I can not add much more that which Daniel & Revlynn have added. However, this is what I have learned when reading passages that seems to contridict other Biblical passage.

The Bible must never be read in a way that it contridicts itself. Often when I read what seems to be contridiction, I later discovered the error was in my intepretation. God uses everything, so when your mind see a contridiction seek to find the truth, thus you will seek more of God's wisdom:

1 Corinthians 14:33. For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

And if such can not be resoloved, remember in this temporal world not all may be resolve to our satisfaction:

Deuteronomy 29:29. The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

1 Corinthians 4:5. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Also, when we come across something we do not know, we must render to that which we do Know. We know that "We are to Truth in Jesus", therefore, this son of man (Psalm 146:3) must not be Jesus; because we know that Bible does not contridict itself and Our God is not the Author confusion.

Good Day and God Bless

''son of man'' translated literally is son of Adam, referring to all Humans. Jesus was called, ''Son of man'' do indicate His humanity.

''son of man'' translated literally is son of Adam, referring to all Humans. Jesus was called, ''Son of man'' do indicate His humanity.

Ezek33,

Question? Is the "Son of man" (i.e. Capital letter S) in Ezekiel 2:1,3 referencing the Lord of Ezekiel? Compare this to the "son of man" (i.e. Lower case s) in Ezekiel 2:6,8.

Good Day and God Bless

Back