What's it like to get Baptised?

I am new to Christianity and I am curious about getting Baptised? Is it supposed to be like being reborn. Like your cleansed of all your sins? Maybe that's a dumb question but bear with me. I'm new.

Are you asking about water baptism or spiritual baptism? When you confess that you are a sinner in need of Savior and that Savior is Jesus Christ, all your sings will be forgiven. And Holy Spirit will indwell in you. Water baptism is an outward of sign of inner cleansing.

I am new to Christianity and I am curious about getting Baptised? Is it supposed to be like being reborn. Like your cleansed of all your sins? Maybe that's a dumb question but bear with me. I'm new.
1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

It is the blood of Christ Jesus that cleanses us of our sin. Being baptized in His blood, apart from impossible would be a bit macabre yes?
What Ravindran said is correct, I could add that water baptism is a sacrament whereby we identify with Christ in His death and resurrection.
Consider Jesus' baptism....He was totally without sin, yet he partook of John's baptism, which was one of repentance, not the later believer's baptism.
Why would He do this? He identified with sinful people like you and me, so that He could represent us in His death and resurrection.
Hope this helps.

You may or may not feel any different. It depends upon your personal insight. I felt different, "odd" would describe best how I felt at the time.
It was not unpleasant, just "odd". When I go to confession, then I feel "better", as if a weight has been lifted off my soul.
But again, your mileage may vary. Some have much more spiritual insight than others and some folks are just naturally more or less "aware" than others. If you don't notice any change, give it time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Yes its like dying and being reborn. You go under and then you rise again out of the water.
also, it's very wet.
LOL
Also, it's very refreshing. Read your bible what it says about baptism. Jesus was baptised in the river Jordan and the Holy Spirit rested upon him like a dove.

Baptism is symbolic of what it represents. It does represent reception of the Spirit of God, but it also has a root meaning. 1 Peter 3 fills you in. Before I show you this, realize that you have been here since the foundation of creation and known by God. You were produced in and through the Son (Colossians 1). This means you were designed as a new life before time engaged for creation. In the first order of creation, before the flood, souls were disobedient. Jesus didn't come for the well, but he sick. Acts 24 tells us that BOTH the righteous and wicked are here. Baptism is rebirth into the waters of life, or resurrection. Literally, baptism has a root meaning showing you why you are here in the waters of life.

1 Peter 3

19 After being made alive,[d] he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits— 20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God.

Those who were disobedient were loved while they were yet sinners. As he states, baptism is the flood of Noah by symbolism, or beasts in the waters in pairs. Like the beast being sacrificed at the altar, our altar is here in the copy of Heaven (Image / Hebrews 9 Copy). This life is our chance to rise to new life, using the water to put out the fire of the sacrifice. No sacrifice is necessary of you have the living waters of Christ. Water puts out fire. By faith, you then produce works (Fruit) by faith. Works do not bring faith. Faith is God's work in and through us, preparing us to meet the Son (John 6:65). John 6:66 the states that some will leave the faith.

Jesus came for the sick. That implies that some of us are here assisting his mission. Only you know your own heart, but rest assured, if you have heard the voice, you are here listening the the proclamation made from the pit. You must be born again.

Many do not hold my theology, as I go much deeper into the same waters leading to the Spirit. The same message of Theology is the same message I show, but I show it's root meaning to you. There are many other scriptures I could show. Read Isaiah 26:

Is 26:

But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.

By Dew, he is referring to drops of water distilled by the rising sun. When the Son of God rises, we too will be distilled as living water. 1 Kings 17 then shows how Elihah / John the Baptist engages the water as Dew, bringing the dead Son back to the mother's bosom. Hebrews 11:

35 Women received back their dead, raised to life again. There were others who were tortured, refusing to be released so that they might gain an even better resurrection.

By faith, they raised again to the mothers. Job received back his children. What did Satan say to Job:

Job 2

And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.”
4 “Skin for skin!” Satan replied.

Spoken like a snake shedding shin, but still being the same animal. Job received his children back and Satan knew this mystery.

I could show you more, but you get the point. Baptism is the life you live as this unique person. After you live, judgment. Either Water or Spirit. Use life wisely. Love others. That's the key.

Back