What's The Dangers Of Staying In A Church With Wrong Teachings

And God spoke all these words, saying: “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
  1. You shall have no other gods before me.
  2. You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
  3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
  4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
  5. Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
  6. You shall not murder.
  7. You shall not commit adultery.
  8. You shall not steal.
  9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
  10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”
You could ask which of these refers to hair styles:)

I truly appreciate it Calvin. Thank you so much for always being on top of it and answering questions thoroughly; with Love and kindness. I know we all here at CFS are grateful for your input.:love:

I'm sleepy for a change...goodnight.:sleep:

Three Questions.
First Question: Anyhow, my question again, is why are we as Christians abiding by some things in the bible and not others.?

I think it should also be noted that A: sin nature likes to avoid God's Word and B: Sin nature leads to false doctrine as well which draws people away from God's word. It is our sin nature that drives wedges between relationships and divides Churches. It is not a problem with God's Word.

Lord I can't wait to loose my sin nature-can you imagine what that will be like-PRAISE GOD!

In essence, I would agree with what Calvin stated above.

Lately?? They've been around since 1978...well over 30 years!!Big deal!

They have nothing to do with Christians. Why do folks get all wound up about the world. Focus on the Lord and His people and the world will stop shocking you.

Rusty..........you do have a sense of humor, don't you?

The comment was a joke, something to make someone smile.

Please..........lighten up.

Lately?? They've been around since 1978...well over 30 years!!Big deal!

They have nothing to do with Christians. Why do folks get all wound up about the world. Focus on the Lord and His people and the world will stop shocking you.
Its hard to ignore the world when we are in it :confused:.

They passed a law here that kids between the age of 12-16 can have sex :eek:. Now how must that not affect my kid at school and in turn me?

Was at a 4 yo birthday party yesterday. There was an adult fairy?princess? well she was wearing a pink leotard and tutu...ballerina? well whatever.
She was also wearing a bra of a different colour. The leotard was cut way too low at the back. I'm no great fan of ballet, but I doubt one will see the women's bra straps. Maybe my dress codes went out with the dinosaurs, but I don't get a favourable impression of a woman by viewing her undergarments.....it looks like she can't dress herself properly. Does it matter to a room full of 4 yo girls and boys?.......well there is such a thing as subliminal programing.

I wonder if the Corinthian veil thing wasn't a specific application of a larger principle? In other words, the specific thing (veil) was an expression of the larger principle of submission, propriety, headship, etc. In which case, our modern Western practice of married couples wearing wedding rings and the woman taking on the husband's last name would be examples of a culturally specific expression of the same prinicple. So, the question would be, is the principle violated by the different specific expression of it?

I wonder if the Corinthian veil thing wasn't a specific application of a larger principle? In other words, the specific thing (veil) was an expression of the larger principle of submission, propriety, headship, etc. In which case, our modern Western practice of married couples wearing wedding rings and the woman taking on the husband's last name would be examples of a culturally specific expression of the same prinicple. So, the question would be, is the principle violated by the different specific expression of it?
This goes back to my question about taking the bible literally or not...

Back