When Being 'Right' Becomes My Salvation Message

I was once a man who assumed that all the righteous of God must
be in alignment with my way of thinking if they were going to be
a follower of Jesus. I am not Christ but am simply a messenger. I
should be a reflection of who Christ is. Jesus came to fulfill the truth of
the prophecies and under the new covenant I am only a messenger
of His new prophecy. He fulfilled all and is all things righteous.

But when I begin to think that you must think and believe as I think
and begin acting as though the message is no longer John 3:16 or 17 but to
perverted to 'to live is Christ and ME!' then I have a problem.
If Christianity is division then why would it be appealing to a sinner? There
is plenty of god-complexes in the world that create chaos already for me to chase after.

What do you say?

We are all at various stages in this walk with God.

God is creating real changes within us as we follow the guidance of his Spirit and actively listen to his words. Faith and love are the first and foremost instructions of God.

1 Cor 8:1 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth. (KJV)

We are to actively listen and gain in understanding, but it must be mixed with love. Through love we can build up and edify others. In sharing with love what God has freely given us we practice one form of love.

We are also told

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (KJV)

We must put our faith and trust in God. Practicing faith we see what befalls us as opportunities rather than difficulties. Faith allows us to be humble and meek such that we recognize that what god allows in our lives is only good. While it may bring pain their is good as we trust God and an important lesson to learn so that we can learn to love, comfort and show others mercy.

Applying knowledge must be sprinkled with the spirit of love, faith, mercy, truth, etc

God is creating real changes within us as we follow the guidance of his Spirit and actively listen to his words. Faith and love are the first and foremost instructions of God.

1 Cor 8:1 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth. (KJV)

We are to actively listen and gain in understanding, but it must be mixed with love. Through love we can build up and edify others. In sharing with love what God has freely given us we practice one form of love.

We are also told

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (KJV)

We must put our faith and trust in God. Practicing faith we see what befalls us as opportunities rather than difficulties. Faith allows us to be humble and meek such that we recognize that what god allows in our lives is only good. While it may bring pain their is good as we trust God and an important lesson to learn so that we can learn to love, comfort and show others mercy.

Applying knowledge must be sprinkled with the spirit of love, faith, mercy, truth, etc
This is where I hoped this thread would lead to.

We are also told

Amen!

Romans 14:5.........
"One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind."

That Scripture teaching is IMHO one which is sorely missing in Christian Churches today. It is about MEATS and DAYS but Paul is using those two elements to show something deeper and more important.

I believe Paul is saying that he would have the weak brother, that esteemed one day above another, indulged in his way, since it arose from weakness, until he had better light, nor should he be despised for his weakness; he would have the stronger Christian also peaceably enjoy his sentiment, and pursue what he believed to be right; nor should he be judged, censured, and condemned, as a profane person, and a transgressor of the law.

His counsel then is, that they would sit down and carefully examine the word of God, and act according to the best light they should receive from thence; and take care especially, that they did not act contrary to their own consciences, with doubt and hesitation; they ought to be thoroughly satisfied in their own minds, and being so, should content themselves with their different sentiments and practices, without despising or censuring one another.
Source: https://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/romans-14-5.html

Back