When Christians Give Up The Ghost

Sleep or With The Lord?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2 Corinthians 5:6-8 (KJV)
Therefore [we are] always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith, not by sight: ) We are confident, [I say], and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

I'll admit it: this is something I have thought to study but have not. My first husband is gone; 9 years later, my present husband's wife died. I want to think that my first husband is with the L-rd, his father, his grandparents, etc., who were all believers. I want to think, also, that my present husband's first wife is there, too, with her parents (whom I know were believers) and her little boy who died in her womb. But i cannot say that I know what's going on.

I look at what Messiah said to the man beside Him on the cross when He said, "This day, you will be with Me in Paradise," and I put a lot of stock in His statement. But there are the Scriptures that say people are "asleep."

When I pass from this earthly place, I hope to see G-d and hear Him say, "Well done, faithful servant," but have I been so faithful that He can say that? Surely, He, in order for Him to say that, He will be looking at me through my Messiah's eyes -- the One Who died and rose again for me. I was born in sin, and for my first 14 years, I reveled in sin. Since then, I have certainly not been faithful all the time. I still struggle with the sin issue, because I know that I err, and I know that sometimes, I don't recognize that! Further, having recently realized that I have been very angry at my G-d since 1987 or so, that shakes me to the core -- that I could treat Him in such a disrespectful way.

I look forward to your answers -- especially the short :) answers, with Scripture references, from those who have actually studied this.

God died for us. We are covered by the blood of Jesus. Why in the universe would He want to wait to be with us? Sleep makes no logical sense.

I'll admit it: this is something I have thought to study but have not. My first husband is gone; 9 years later, my present husband's wife died. I want to think that my first husband is with the L-rd, his father, his grandparents, etc., who were all believers. I want to think, also, that my present husband's first wife is there, too, with her parents (whom I know were believers) and her little boy who died in her womb. But i cannot say that I know what's going on.

I look at what Messiah said to the man beside Him on the cross when He said, "This day, you will be with Me in Paradise," and I put a lot of stock in His statement. But there are the Scriptures that say people are "asleep."

When I pass from this earthly place, I hope to see G-d and hear Him say, "Well done, faithful servant," but have I been so faithful that He can say that? Surely, He, in order for Him to say that, He will be looking at me through my Messiah's eyes -- the One Who died and rose again for me. I was born in sin, and for my first 14 years, I reveled in sin. Since then, I have certainly not been faithful all the time. I still struggle with the sin issue, because I know that I err, and I know that sometimes, I don't recognize that! Further, having recently realized that I have been very angry at my G-d since 1987 or so, that shakes me to the core -- that I could treat Him in such a disrespectful way.

I look forward to your answers -- especially the short :) answers, with Scripture references, from those who have actually studied this.

We all sin. We either have a heart after God's or we don't. The mere fact that you are here sharing honestly tells me that you do 1 Cor 11:31 regularly and even though you sin, you repent. Repent / bending the knee is all God wants. That has been the gospel / God's will / message to us from day 1 Psalm 51:17.

Back