When does the Lord laugh?

I think the Lord has a sense of humour and laughs with us when we are laughing

Psalm 37:13
but the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he knows their day is coming.

He laughs ever time I tell him “my” plan.

Hehe, I imagine he laughs at all our own plans. In fact what you said there really made me think about what I've been praying about mostly, and why it may seem to be going unanswered for so long. I have in my mind what I think would be a good way for things to pan out, but God could be laughing, knowing he has an infinitely better plan in place. Maybe someday I can look back and laugh with him :eek:

I think Jesus actually likes to laugh. I think when He walked the Earth, He must have laughed a lot. He definetly had humour, I think one example is that comparison of rich men going into the kingdom with a camel going through the eye of a needle.

But He also has a deeply earnest side, when it comes to sins, for example. That's what we can see in the bible on such occasions where God punishes people severely.

That's the part many people don't understand, being used in their lives to be easygoing and all that. I don't understand it well either, neither did the jews and many of the early christians. They said that when God exercises justice, it is an alien, strange work ... that's how it seems to us because we know that God is love and cannot quite reconcile the immensity of His love with His being so stern in punishments.

Anyway, we must accept such scary stories so that they may reach their purpose of setting us straight and making us enemies of sin.

This made me laugh because I've had that same experience.

I thought of that one because a couple years ago, a friend of mine called me. He told me he was in his garage organizing some stuff. He had the radio on a country station. (he didn‘t know why, because he hates country)
Anyway, he said there was a song playing and all of a sudden he heard the lyrics…
“If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans”
My friend said he ended up on the floor laughing.
Both him and I have had some crazy plans in the past. :eek:

Maybe you should just quit making your own plans then. :D

Sorry, someone had to say it. :rolleyes:

Thanks for this gracious post.

Perhaps I should point out that for 50 of those years I have been counselling both Christians, soon to be Christians and non Christians on this subject. It is a true saying that we can counsel others most surely on those things that we have learned for ourselves.

We should be so careful not to make personal judgements about others until we know all the facts.

I only intended my short post to be an encouragement to another member.

Back