when the white moon turns red

Well I heard years ago that therea re things that can happen that can make the moon appear red...

Certain gases in the atmosphere, by a vulcanic eruption, or bombs made of certain chemicals can cause this... Maybe an asteroid?

Anyone else... I'm open:D

here is the scripture out of Revelation 6:12 (pardon any spelling errors, but I've been real sick lately)

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

I too have heard a lot of different ideas on this one, I just in some ways think of this as more as an astronomical event (not astrology)

If you are referring to the end times; the moon turning to blood, there could be a few explanations.

It could very well be talking of man going to the moon.

I have also read it symbolises murder.

Also in Revelation it speaks of a terrible earthquake.
That would account for what Beloved spoke of above.
The results of the earthquake will darken the sun and turn the moon to blood red.

Here's the whole scenerio of the sixth seal:
"12. I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red,
13 and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind.
14 The sky receded like a scroll, rolling up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place."REV 6:12-14

Sounds like a volcanic eruption of incredible scale. The earthquake would be caused by the enourmous amount of energy released from the eruption, The sun turning black and the moon turning red would be caused be the amount of ash thrown into the atmosphere,enough to block out the sun, and as it is blown around the earth by atmoshperic winds, those on the night side could see the moon actually turn red, like when there is alot of dust in the upper atmosphere. Sunrises and sunsets are red due to solid particles in the atmosphere,like dust or pollutants, so volcanic ash could certainly cause the same effect. And the stars falling could be pieces of molten rock thrown up into the air and falling back to Earth. The sky rolling back is puzzling. Every mountain and island being moved from its place I think is the product of the huge earthquake.

If the earthquake is not volcanic, and purely techtonic, than the mention of exteme famine could indicate a time without rain, which could result in all that dry dust being cast into the air, having the same effect as the volcanic ash.

Another possibility and the most likely to me after doing a little research, is that the moon and sun changing color and the earthquake are two totally unrelated yet simultaneous events. The earthquake could occur durring a total lunar eclipse, which would turn the moon red, and the sun black at the same time. We had one this year, and the moon did take on a reddish hue. Here's an excerpt from a webpage desribing different types of lunar eclipses:
"During a total lunar eclipse, the Earth blocks the Sun's light from reaching the Moon. Astronauts on the Moon would then see the Earth eclipsing the Sun. (They would see a bright red ring around the Earth as they watched all the sunrises and sunsets happening simultaneousely around the world!) While the Moon remains completely within Earth's umbral shadow, indirect sunlight still manages to reach and illuminate it. However, this sunlight must first pass deep through the Earth's atmosphere which filters out most of the blue colored light. The remaining light is a deep red or orange in color and is much dimmer than pure white sunlight. Earth's atmosphere also bends or refracts some of this light so that a small fraction of it can reach and illuminate the Moon."-http://www.mreclipse.com/Special/LEprimer.html

I saw the moon turn red(ish) once during an eclipse. I believe the event described in the Revelation of Jesus Christ will be much more dramatic.

Well I heard years ago that therea re things that can happen that can make the moon appear red...

Certain gases in the atmosphere, by a vulcanic eruption, or bombs made of certain chemicals can cause this... Maybe an asteroid?

Anyone else... I'm open:D

Thats what I've always herd. I always think of the end of the world when the moon turns that orange red colour.

Some years back, we had horrible fires in Central Oregon and I lost my home. Those were awful times, my faith was stretched to the breaking point.

I remember looking out the window of the car as we drove away (moving to Idaho because we had nothing) and seeing the moon through the smoke of the fire that was still raging.

It was blood red! Never seen it that red before.

Here in Vegas our morning and sunset sun is a bright flouresant redish orange... Haven't checked the moon yet...

This has occured due to the fires in california...

Back