When You're Lonely

But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed." ~ Luke 5:16

Jesus speaking: “If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." ~ John 14:15-18​

I don't know about you, but sometimes I feel lonely in this world of ours. I can be surrounded by people all around me and still feel lonely. I often hunger for the kind of Christian fellowship I knew years gone by that seems a rarity these days, where we share deeply from our hearts and encourage one another with God's love and his word. During these times of loneliness, though, Jesus' love comforts our hearts with his presence, his grace, his comfort and compassion, his warm embrace, and his close and abiding friendship. He understands us like no one ever could. He knows what is truly in our hearts and he knows and feels all our hurts. By his stripes we are healed! Amen!

When You’re Lonely / An Original Work / May 14, 2011

When you are lonely, needing a friend,
His love will comfort you; give peace within;
Providing His grace; keep you from sin;
Jesus, our Savior, Master and friend.

If you will call Him to meet your need,
He will be there to bring understanding;
Offering His love and compassion,
As we seek Jesus, turning from sin.

He wants your whole heart and devotion
Committed to Him in full obedience.
Give Him your whole life, a sacrifice,
Forsaking the world; live to please God.

These are the times when i like to climb up in His lap, lay my head on His chest and just enjoy His arms around me. It's funny how when i start to crave being held by a person or the desire to crawl within and hide ....that i realize that it really is God who i am needing to draw near to because i have been to busy to get any quality time in with Him.

Blessings!

These are the times when i like to climb up in His lap, lay my head on His chest and just enjoy His arms around me. It's funny how when i start to crave being held by a person or the desire to crawl within and hide ....that i realize that it really is God who i am needing to draw near to because i have been to busy to get any quality time in with Him.

Blessings!
He will wrap his loving arms around us when we come to him, too.

Back