Where and When Does Justification Take Place?

In Bible Institute last night, my pastor brought up a question: Where does justication take place?
When does justification take place?
My answer was that justification takes place at the Cross. This was not the answer he was looking for.
I did get the answer for the second part, Justification takes place for us,just like for the Phillipian Jailer"Sirs,what must I do to be saved? Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." Justification takes place when a person turns away from their own way and repents, which is a turning to God through the work of the Holy Ghost. Belief is a gift of God.When God gives you saving faith,through the effectual calling of the Holy Ghost, you are justified. Forever.
But where does this event take place?
I am interested in your comments.

Julian of York,
"And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness,quietness and assurance forever." Isaiah 32:17

I don't understand the question. We are justified in the moment we are saved, but the event takes place on the cross.

It's a highly academic question, but my best guess would be that it takes place at the judgement seat. If we are judged in a place, then we are justified in the same place.

Thank you for your responses.
The question: Where does justification take place?
The answer: In the Mind of God.
Explanation: All activity associated with our salvation is irrelevant UNLESS acceptable to God. Therefore , the actual place justification takes place is in the Mind of God. The sinner,who is under condemnation (Romans 3:10,3:23,5:12 Psalm 9:17, Romans 7:18) cannot have recourse to forgiveness until God's Holiness and Righteousness are satisfied, which happened on the Cross (Romans 6:23) when Christ actually paid that debt.
When the Phillipian Jailer burst into the jail where the apostles had been released by God,from chains,the doors opened,and the jailer about to kill himself,when he saw them still in their places, he was overcome by the grace of God towards him personally, and said,"Sirs,what must I do to be saved? Believe on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved,and thy house." That acy of faith,that Mustard Seed of belief satisfied a Holy and Righteous God.
Because of his saving faith (another gift of God,not of works,lest any man should boast.) the Phillipian Jailer was forgiven. The death of Christ was applied to the Jailer's account, allowing God to aquit him, since all penalties and fines had been paid. At that very moment, God began to look on the Phillipian Jailer differently. The P.J. was transformed from condemnation to justification.
"But now ,being made free from sin,, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end,everlasting life." Romans 6:22
The P.J. was made an heir and a joint heir with Christ.
"But now in Christ Jesus ye who were sometimes far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ." Ephesians 2:13
God's view of the sinner is changed.
"But now they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly;wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for He hath prepared for them a city." Hebrews 11:16
All the animal sacrifices, offerings,clean living,and turning over a new leaf every year does not change God's Mind. He still sees the depravity. But, because of the death of His Dear Son, when He sees us,He sees us as brethren,friends, and joint heirs, being conformed to the Image of His Beloved Son.
"For ye were sometimes darkness,but now are ye light in the Lord; walk as children of light." Ephesians 5:8
All because God the Father chooses to view us that way, as His wrath towards us is satisfied.
A change is made.
"For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye TURNED TO GOD FROM IDOLS,TO SERVE THE LIVING AND TRUE GOD."I Thessalonians 1:9

I hope that you can see through my feeble efforts that the real crux of the matter is what God thinks. And when God chooses to view you or me at the moment of justification, and forever afterward, He sees us as aquited; not sinless, but paid for.

Your Friend in Christ,
Happy Easter from Julian of York
"And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us;this is the Lord;we have waited for Him ,we will be glad and rejoice in His sqalvation." Isaiah 25:9

Can the mind of God really be considered a "place"? I call shenanigans!!! lol.

Thank you for your responses.
The question: Where does justification take place?
The answer: In the Mind of God.
Explanation: All activity associated with our salvation is irrelevant UNLESS acceptable to God. Therefore , the actual place justification takes place is in the Mind of God. The sinner,who is under condemnation (Romans 3:10,3:23,5:12 Psalm 9:17, Romans 7:18) cannot have recourse to forgiveness until God's Holiness and Righteousness are satisfied, which happened on the Cross (Romans 6:23) when Christ actually paid that debt.
When the Phillipian Jailer burst into the jail where the apostles had been released by God,from chains,the doors opened,and the jailer about to kill himself,when he saw them still in their places, he was overcome by the grace of God towards him personally, and said,"Sirs,what must I do to be saved? Believe on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved,and thy house." That acy of faith,that Mustard Seed of belief satisfied a Holy and Righteous God.
Because of his saving faith (another gift of God,not of works,lest any man should boast.) the Phillipian Jailer was forgiven. The death of Christ was applied to the Jailer's account, allowing God to aquit him, since all penalties and fines had been paid. At that very moment, God began to look on the Phillipian Jailer differently. The P.J. was transformed from condemnation to justification.
"But now ,being made free from sin,, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end,everlasting life." Romans 6:22
The P.J. was made an heir and a joint heir with Christ.
"But now in Christ Jesus ye who were sometimes far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ." Ephesians 2:13
God's view of the sinner is changed.
"But now they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly;wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for He hath prepared for them a city." Hebrews 11:16
All the animal sacrifices, offerings,clean living,and turning over a new leaf every year does not change God's Mind. He still sees the depravity. But, because of the death of His Dear Son, when He sees us,He sees us as brethren,friends, and joint heirs, being conformed to the Image of His Beloved Son.
"For ye were sometimes darkness,but now are ye light in the Lord; walk as children of light." Ephesians 5:8
All because God the Father chooses to view us that way, as His wrath towards us is satisfied.
A change is made.
"For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye TURNED TO GOD FROM IDOLS,TO SERVE THE LIVING AND TRUE GOD."I Thessalonians 1:9

I hope that you can see through my feeble efforts that the real crux of the matter is what God thinks. And when God chooses to view you or me at the moment of justification, and forever afterward, He sees us as aquited; not sinless, but paid for.

Your Friend in Christ,
Happy Easter from Julian of York
"And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us;this is the Lord;we have waited for Him ,we will be glad and rejoice in His sqalvation." Isaiah 25:9

Happy Resurrection Day to you my friend.

With all respect to your professor, allow me to state these things for you to consider. Merecy and GRACE begins in the mind of God BUT what did He do to apply it to man? That is the question is it not?

What has God done to accomplish our justification?

2 Cor.5:21 He made him (Christ) who knew no sin to be sin for our sake, so we might become the righteousness of God in him. THAT WAS ON THE CROSS.

1. God charged our sins against Jesus and credited Jesus’ righteousness to us.Ro.4:25 (Jesus our Lord) was delivered for our transgressions and was raised for our justification.
2. Having charged our sins against Jesus, God made him suffer our punishment of death.
3. God raised Jesus from the dead to show us that he had accepted Jesus’ sacrificial death for our sins and that he has forgiven our sins.

1 Jn.2:2 (Jesus Christ) is the reconciling sacrifice for our sins, and not only for our sins but also for the sins of the whole world.
A. Jesus’ death was his reconciling sacrifice and offering to pay for the sins of all people and to restore them to God’s favor.

2 Cor.5:19 God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself, not counting their transgressions against them.

1. Through Jesus’ sacrificial death for the sins of all people God reconciled the sinners of the world to himself and restored everyone to his peace and favor.
2. Because of Jesus’ sacrificial death for everyone’s sins, God does not charge people’s sins against them, nor will he punish them for their sins.

God accomplished the justification and forgiveness of all people:
A. By charging their sins against Jesus and crediting Jesus’ righteousness to them.
B. By punishing Jesus for the sins of all people and raising him from the dead to declare their sins forgiven.
C. By not charging people’s sins against them for the sake of Jesus’ sacrificial death, which has reconciled all people to himself.

Back