Where Are the Missing People

I found this cool book that I'm placing in a prominent place by the front door so that when we disappear, those who break in to take the stuff we left behind will find it and hopefully learn about what happened and, most importantly, come to know the Lord to be numbered among the saints in Heaven.

See? Evangelism isn't ONLY an active thing we do in person, but also something we can put into place even after we are gone in order to bring blessing to others.

MissingPeople.JPG

MM

I suppose one could leave a tract that explains these verses...

Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, [52] in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. [53] For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. [54] When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory." [55] "O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?" 1 Corinthians 15:51-55 ESV

Or... leave a DVD of Handel's Messiah. :)

I've enjoyed reading the various viewpoints over the years, and have a healthy respect for each viewpoint's ability to convince those who gravitate onto their side of the issue. What tipped the scale for me personally is Church history itself, along with delving into the Greek, Hebrew and Septuagint.

What I've disliked about the debates are the misrepresentations each camp tends to throw at the others, which borders on ad hominem, not to mention intellectual dishonesty.

Suffice it to say that eschatology is not at all an issue over which any of us should divide into camps and go to war. Any teaching source that plays upon the general ignorance of the majority in their audiences, no matter how convinced they may be about their own position, is someone who should be ignored. Therein is why I have read every defender of each position I could lay my hands on, and have long since decided to not follow any of them, and thus take responsibility for what I believe by doing my own studies.

I simply like the idea of being prepared when that "thief in the night" come for us. When others who are still here begin breaking into what we left behind, I'm leaving something of ultimate value.

That's the thrust of this thread, to enliven an idea for evangelizing those who are still here once we are gone. I do not consider it stealing from me when I am gone and have no need for the stuff they decide to take for their own survival. Leaving to them the message of Christ is the most valuable thing I have that they can take that will be of any lasting value.

It's all about evangelism.

MM

I've enjoyed reading the various viewpoints over the years, and have a healthy respect for each viewpoint's ability to convince those who gravitate onto their side of the issue. What tipped the scale for me personally is Church history itself, along with delving into the Greek, Hebrew and Septuagint.

What I've disliked about the debates are the misrepresentations each camp tends to throw at the others, which borders on ad hominem, not to mention intellectual dishonesty.

Suffice it to say that eschatology is not at all an issue over which any of us should divide into camps and go to war. Any teaching source that plays upon the general ignorance of the majority in their audiences, no matter how convinced they may be about their own position, is someone who should be ignored. Therein is why I have read every defender of each position I could lay my hands on, and have long since decided to not follow any of them, and thus take responsibility for what I believe by doing my own studies.

I simply like the idea of being prepared when that "thief in the night" come for us. When others who are still here begin breaking into what we left behind, I'm leaving something of ultimate value.

That's the thrust of this thread, to enliven an idea for evangelizing those who are still here once we are gone. I do not consider it stealing from me when I am gone and have no need for the stuff they decide to take for their own survival. Leaving to them the message of Christ is the most valuable thing I have that they can take that will be of any lasting value.

It's all about evangelism.

MM
MM I guess we must accept our discussion is over due to the sites rules of what can and what cannot be discussed biblically. Which is probably half the Bible : ) wishing you a wonderful wk ahead.

MM I guess we must accept our discussion is over due to the sites rules of what can and what cannot be discussed biblically. Which is probably half the Bible : ) wishing you a wonderful wk ahead.

Hello Prim90 and brothers and sisters;

Please allow me to explain and reason with love. ❤️ 😎 🙏

Personally, there are two areas of discussion that I have no interest in, putting all my learning time into a YouTube video and referring to textbooks on author's commentaries and opinions to justify my understanding of the topic. But that's my problem. So why I can't put the time to read the forum rules and justify my understanding of the membership that I'm a part of is ironic. Regardless, I won't tongue and cheek remarks of my former in an open post.

Christian Forum Site has 18 years of experience as a posting site and many of those years where the Rapture, Catholicism, same sex issues, tongues, most of the topics, etc...was fully permitted. It brought in more membership but it also brought in members who divided, didn't have the Biblical or social training to have a constructive discussion that would sour the fellowship.

The staff has always been comprised of Pastors and seasoned disciples of men and women. Currently we have three Pastors. They give their volunteer time, have a loving disposition with the members, prayerfully monitor the forums with a "lower than thou attitude" and are blessed working together as a team. We are always a work in progress and have remained steady.

I grumbled years ago because I asked if we could have a chat room at Christian Forum Site. I love chat rooms but in 2004 after serving as a moderator at another large site there was promiscuous behavior posting between men and women members using the secret messaging capability. I felt we were bigger than that here, but regardless, it was shot down more than one request through the years.

Since 2006 the years of hard knock experience (with people online) is how Christian Forum Site arrived at the forum rules that is in place today. We have less numbers today but what can be discussed has a core membership that understands the Bible, theology, hermeneutics, exegesis, application, testimonies, prayer and fellowship. We have seen more success in this area which helps the membership grow in Christ. The staff still addresses where we are and if any forum rules merit change.

I would love to have more membership here. But I am content with 12 disciples than 70 who cannot grasp what works for them regarding the forum rules. In the meantime, if anyone wants to hold a PM and invite others to discuss topics that are not allowed in the forum rules has the site's blessing. We don't compromise anyone's personal PM privacy.

I'll end with my own testimony. If I have a problem as a moderator and ministry here at Christian Forum Site, I can step down and find another Christian site that will taylor to what I want to talk about. They're out there but this is where I am called to serve God and choose to submit to the forum rules.

Please pray and think about what I posted. Anyone is welcome to discuss further in a PM.

God bless you all and Love in Christ.

Bob

No need to go away in this manner, Prim. You have the invitation from me to the area where like-minded people are talking about this topic without any of the grumbling and argument that generally arises from some out there who just won't get along, live and let live. We're all mature adults in that area who have no axe to grind against each other. So join us, and let's talk.

MM

No need to go away in this manner, Prim. You have the invitation from me to the area where like-minded people are talking about this topic without any of the grumbling and argument that generally arises from some out there who just won't get along, live and let live. We're all mature adults in that area who have no axe to grind against each other. So join us, and let's talk.

MM
MM thank you tor the invitation. Me has looked. But of what assurance would one really have in not having my posts deleted again. Considering me has already had the entirety of my posts deleted on this post for exactly the same subject all except for one post. Me wisely does decline the invitation. More so should my posts be raptured again: ) And your assurance be dishonoured. I not have you lose face ❤️👩🏻‍🔧

MM thank you tor the invitation. Me has looked. But of what assurance would one really have in not having my posts deleted again. Considering me has already had the entirety of my posts deleted on this post for exactly the same subject all except for one post. Me wisely does decline the invitation. More so should my posts be raptured again: ) And your assurance be dishonoured. I not have you lose face ❤️👩🏻‍🔧

The invitation was to a private thread, and no deletions have yet been done there.

But, you asked for answers, and if you don't want the answers, then that's ok too.

MM

The invitation was to a private thread, and no deletions have yet been done there. But, you asked for answers, and if you don't want the answers, then that's ok too.
MM

Hello Musicmaster;

If anyone wants to hold a PM and invite others to discuss topics that are not allowed in the forum rules has the site's blessing. We don't compromise anyone's personal PM privacy.

God bless you, brother.

The invitation was to a private thread, and no deletions have yet been done there.

But, you asked for answers, and if you don't want the answers, then that's ok too.

MM
MM your other post clearly says at the very beginning of ( sober thoughts for whats coming ) is a invitation to like minded only people. Me not be one of those like minded people who believes of such teachings. It would be wrong of me to interject it would be to show disrespect on those grounds alone. Yes I did ask.for you to provide information on this post but sadly that was cut short due to moderator intervention due to the site rules. But I did write in my previous post 10 that I did look at your other post . I simply add that I disagree with the arguments you and Major put forth on page 7. MM Thanking you again Prim . 👩🏻‍🔧

MM your other post clearly says at the very beginning of ( sober thoughts for whats coming ) is a invitation to like minded only people. Me not be one of those like minded people who believes of such teachings. It would be wrong of me to interject it would be to show disrespect on those grounds alone. Yes I did ask.for you to provide information on this post but sadly that was cut short due to moderator intervention due to the site rules. But I did write in my previous post 10 that I did look at your other post . I simply add that I disagree with the arguments you and Major put forth on page 7. MM Thanking you again Prim . 👩🏻‍🔧

Yes, I did state that the thread is for like-minded people about the event so that there would not be others brought in who are so far removed from agreement that they would cause problems, but as the thread owner, I also can say that it is open to any and all people who are like minded about being civil and loving toward others since this is not a topic for division among believers. If you have some disagreements, then please do state them in that thread. We welcome exploring the possibility that we may be wrong. I for one desire correction. If you can justify from scripture your thoughts, then we would love to see them. We will ask questions, and delve deeply into the languages from which scriptures were translated.

You are welcome in that thread, but if you don't want to state for us why you disagree, then that's fine as well. No harm done. For us, the real issue is doing as Jesus commanded, which is to be fruitful and to be prepared for the coming of the "thief in the night." If your content with where you are in your faith and you feel you are prepared, then fantastic. That's great, and I support you in that.

Blessings to you and yours.

MM

This is just a question/observation/wondering..... How does one properly and successfully DECIDE what is accurate regarding the END times and the topic of "the missing people". Is it not a guess at best??

Would the Lord not clearly have stated a CERTAINTY if we were actually meant to KNOW?

The book of Revelation ( in my limited thinking ) is a book of the FUTURE... where there will be so many surprises.

Not much of a thought process but I think this is why I don't feel comfortable partaking in conversations like this because at BEST... everything is a guess.

I don't do well with these things... HAHA.

I enjoy reading these deep topics. I wish my brain would cooperate.

This is just a question/observation/wondering..... How does one properly and successfully DECIDE what is accurate regarding the END times and the topic of "the missing people". Is it not a guess at best??

Would the Lord not clearly have stated a CERTAINTY if we were actually meant to KNOW?

The book of Revelation ( in my limited thinking ) is a book of the FUTURE... where there will be so many surprises.

Not much of a thought process but I think this is why I don't feel comfortable partaking in conversations like this because at BEST... everything is a guess.

Not necessarily, IAoH. That's a good question however, and in answer I will offer this to answer why the Lord did not speak with greater precision when the prophecies were inspired for writing:

Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks (heptads - groups of seven years) are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

A more precise understanding of the prophecies and the things they portray were never before discernible in the past because the fulfillments were not yet being realized as they are today, and the Spirit of the Lord is also opening up our understanding like never before because of the proximity we are to the culmination of these things.

Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, [even] to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Never before has mankind gone "...to and fro..." throughout the earth in mass transit until very recently with the invention of trains, planes and automobiles. With millions traveling all across the earth each and every day, compared to ancient times when they were limited to the speed of horse and wind sail ships. Never before was it possible for all the peoples of the earth to see things happening on the other side of the planet is real time as is possible today with hand held devices, even if they are out hiking in the woods and still within signal reception of a cell system. Every prophecy for the abilities among mankind are right now in place that only boggled the minds of people just 100 years ago, with people assuming the cinematic movie of the two witnesses being projected supernaturally onto the clouds above, but with modern technology, this is well within our grasp right now without supernatural interventions.

Knowledge has increased tremendously, especially when you consider how much knowledge is right there in the palm of your hand on that computer you're reading and typing these messages, and your cell phone. We have access to the whole world at our fingertips that was utterly impossible just a few decades ago.

See? it can be simple, without the complexities of foreign languages, to understand how we are seeing prophecies coming true right now.

Does that help?

MM

2 Thssalonians 2:3-4
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

The underlined portion of the above passages has already been taking place, and has been in process for some time now with more and more denominations and independent churches and parachurch organizations falling away from the Truth. The falling away is what opens the door for that man of sin to be revealed, for it would only be in such an environment of the masses no longer believing the Truth that the man of sin would find greater acceptance and accorded empowerment to lead the world.

MM

The underlined portion of the above passages has already been taking place, and has been in process for some time now with more and more denominations and independent churches and parachurch organizations falling away from the Truth. The falling away is what opens the door for that man of sin to be revealed, for it would only be in such an environment of the masses no longer believing the Truth that the man of sin would find greater acceptance and accorded empowerment to lead the world.
I understand that.... and I agree that this has been in progress for decades now. I also believe the Catholic church will lead in issuing forth a FALSE UNITY with other Christian denominations. THAT has also already begun.

I guess I don't feel the NEED to know more than personally being ready for the Lord to return which I believe will be my death. I think we have a few years to go before the above comes to full fruition.

The bottom line is the believer sticking to the TRUTH of the bible. THAT is enough knowledge for me.

I understand that.... and I agree that this has been in progress for decades now. I also believe the Catholic church will lead in issuing forth a FALSE UNITY with other Christian denominations. THAT has also already begun.

I guess I don't feel the NEED to know more than personally being ready for the Lord to return which I believe will be my death. I think we have a few years to go before the above comes to full fruition.

The bottom line is the believer sticking to the TRUTH of the bible. THAT is enough knowledge for me.

Well said, IAoH. One thing I've learned is that the events surrounding Jerusalem makes that one city the very timepiece of prophecy and God's timetable. Watching that city is how we can know exactly where we are on the basis of the things that come up against that one place. When Russia and other of their allies attacks Jerusalem, that will be pivotal indeed for showing us how close we are.

MM

Yes, I did state that the thread is for like-minded people about the event so that there would not be others brought in who are so far removed from agreement that they would cause problems, but as the thread owner, I also can say that it is open to any and all people who are like minded about being civil and loving toward others since this is not a topic for division among believers. If you have some disagreements, then please do state them in that thread. We welcome exploring the possibility that we may be wrong. I for one desire correction. If you can justify from scripture your thoughts, then we would love to see them. We will ask questions, and delve deeply into the languages from which scriptures were translated.

You are welcome in that thread, but if you don't want to state for us why you disagree, then that's fine as well. No harm done. For us, the real issue is doing as Jesus commanded, which is to be fruitful and to be prepared for the coming of the "thief in the night." If your content with where you are in your faith and you feel you are prepared, then fantastic. That's great, and I support you in that.

Blessings to you and yours.

MM
MM as much as I would enjoy replying to your other post of ( Sober thoughts for what’s coming ). I’ll continue to be polite and say again I have had 3 posts deleted already. I’m not willing to write a much longer post that could end up exactly the same way even with all your reassurances. Has not the penny dropped yet that the book you show promoting the pre rapture is still there and the publication I showed was deleted. So there is a obvious BIASED to one side which according to the sites rules that the rapture is not allowed to be discussed.at all. So that says a lot to me . I in no way want your post or book taken down simply because when you limit freedom of speech you eventually end up with none at all. Now I have given you the many reasons, best we leave the matter there. For the Third time I respectively decline. Your sister in Christ Prim 👩🏻‍🔧❤️

Back