Where are those who can help me learn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
My name is Joel, i am from Sweden but i live in Finland.
Jesus has worked miracles in my life and i am really thankful to him.
A month ago i converted to Christianity and really truly asked for forgiveness.
I am seeking servants of God that actually preform deliverances, and really worship God because where i am from it's unheard of.
Something that i found out is that to become a priest over here, you do not have to believe in what you teach, or in Jesus Christ, which is so wrong.
I cant seem to find Christians that praise God and believe in the bible and preform miracles (Through Jesus Christ) and actually believe in prayer, and so on.
I want to learn as much as i can about being a spiritual warrior for Jesus and all of this.
Is there a ministry out there to help me learn?
A place where i am a part of a group of believers?
i've watched a lot of Emmanuel TV and this is something i am seeking.

Welcome to CFS, Joel - you are among friends here. If you have time, feel free to read posts from our members regarding their Christian Walk on God's Path and you will be able to see how others learn and grow in God's Word. One thing that I would suggest is to start reading your Bible and start with the Book of Proverbs for some basic instruction in how to be a Christian. There are some very wise words in that Book. If you read English well, here is an on-line link to the Book of Proverbs in the New Living Translation Bible...

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+1&version=NLT

Others on staff here at CFS will be in touch with you soon to go over how we do things here at CFS. Also, please check occasionally for new comments left for you inside your Personal Profile in the Details menu.

God Bless and again, Welcome. :)

Welcome to cfs! We are certainly so blessed that you have chosen to join us. If you have any questions feel free to ask any moderator, who will be happy to help in any way they can.
Also in your investigation of the site please stop by and review the topics to not be discussed. If it's something you really need help with... Jim and I would be happy to help answer your questions.

Otherwise happy reading and posting and asking questions. Will be adding you to our prayers!
God bless you abundantly!

Hi.
I am seeking servants of God that actually preform deliverances, and really worship God because where i am from it's unheard of.
Something that i found out is that to become a priest over here, you do not have to believe in what you teach, or in Jesus Christ, which is so wrong.
I cant seem to find Christians that praise God and believe in the bible and preform miracles (Through Jesus Christ) and actually believe in prayer, and so on.
I want to learn as much as i can about being a spiritual warrior for Jesus and all of this.

Hello Joel. I hope that you are well. I believe that the first thing you need to do is open your Bible and begin to read it as @fishcatherjim said to you. I would add that the book of the Gospel of John would be the one to read first.

I would also tell you that this forum would be a good place to hang out in and ask questions.

If I can be on any help to you, feel free to ask.

Hi Joel.... welcome!
One thing to always do is to pray before you read your Bible... ask that God's message may be revealed to you with understanding.
Also, sometimes the Bible can seem pretty over-whelming. I like to make use of several online study and reference websites, archives, etc. There are also some really great commentaries that have been written that are helpful, (Matthew Henry, Adam Clarke, etc.). However, not everyone will share the same interpretation/beliefs of a particular topic or scripture, so always trust you Bible and God to teach you...
Take notes, cross-reference, maybe get a few good "study" bibles, a "Nave's Topical Bible", Thompson Chain Reference Bible, Concordance, etc.

Hi.
Praise Yeshua!! Welcome Joel!! :D

I really like Thurman Scrivner (http://tlsm.org - everything is free) and Jim Richards (http://www.impactministries.com - helpful weekly but has a lot of stuff to sell). I use http://TheWord.net software and it's free! But, the first thing you must do is pray always, then meditate. Here's an entry I wrote about meditation on my site http://abdicate.net/blog/?p=161 I hope you like it.

God bless, and welcome to the family of Christ! :)

Hi.

Hello Trebullar (Joel),

Praise God! That He has started a work in you that He will continue to do until the day of Christ. You are His workmanship, and He will accomplish in and through you all that He purposes.

You have been given some sound advice about the reading of God's Word and prayerful meditation upon it. I pray that you will grow in grace and truth and in the knowledge of the One Who has called you out of darkness into His light. Out from under the law of sin and death, into the law of the spirit of life which is in Christ Jesus.

Rejoice, praise God in all things, and He will bring everything to pass concerning you.

In Christ Jesus
Our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Hello Joel;

I am new to this site but not new as a Christian after nearly forty years as a born again believer. The foregoing replies about digging into the word are right. Be certain to seek the Lord to fill you with the Holy Spirit as per His commands. Reference;

Mark 16:17-18 KJVS
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; [18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Acts 1:8 KJVS
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 19:1-7 KJVS
And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples, [2] He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. [3] And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. [4] Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. [5] When they heard this , they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. [6] And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. [7] And all the men were about twelve.

This will equip you with the power, the"dunamis" to walk with Him and through the tribulations of this life. He will bring Deliverances, healing and miracles through the working of His Holy Spirit and His Holy word. He will teach you through the anointing of His Holy Spirit after you have received.

1 John 2:27 KJVS
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

He does not deliver you of everything all at once though He has forgiven your sins through repentance.

Deuteronomy 7:21-23 KJVS
Thou shalt not be affrighted at them: for the Lord thy God is among you, a mighty God and terrible. [22] And the Lord thy God will put out those nations before thee by little and little: thou mayest not consume them at once, lest the beasts of the field increase upon thee. [23] But the Lord thy God shall deliver them unto thee, and shall destroy them with a mighty destruction, until they be destroyed.

Being a Christian there will be many battles since this is part of our calling. You must put on the full armor of God not the least of which is prayer in the spirit, tongues that is. Read the 6th chapter of Ephesians.

Jesus arrested me outside of denominations, saved me, baptized me in His Holy Spirit and gave me the gift of tongues. It's been a long and weary journey but Jesus brought me and my family all the way.

Never let anyone turn you from the truth of the Bible. Many will attempt to tell you that all scriptures are not for today. Do not be deceived. If all are not for today then who decides which scriptures are right?

His calling and anointing remain the same as they were at the beginning.

Malachi 3:6 KJVS
For I am the Lord , I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

God bless and protect you in your quest for He urged us to draw near to Him

In His service, Frank Lee Jennings

Last edited:
Hello Joel;

I am new to this site but not new as a Christian after nearly forty years as a born again believer. The foregoing replies about digging into the word are right. Be certain to seek the Lord to fill you with the Holy Spirit as per His commands. Reference;

Mark 16:17-18 KJVS
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; [18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Acts 1:8 KJVS
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 19:1-7 KJVS
And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples, [2] He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. [3] And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. [4] Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. [5] When they heard this , they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. [6] And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. [7] And all the men were about twelve.

This will equip you with the power, the"dunamis" to walk with Him and through the tribulations of this life. He will bring Deliverances, healing and miracles through the working of His Holy Spirit and His Holy word. He will teach you through the anointing of His Holy Spirit after you have received.

1 John 2:27 KJVS
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

He does not deliver you of everything all at once though He has forgiven your sins through repentance.

Deuteronomy 7:21-23 KJVS
Thou shalt not be affrighted at them: for the Lord thy God is among you, a mighty God and terrible. [22] And the Lord thy God will put out those nations before thee by little and little: thou mayest not consume them at once, lest the beasts of the field increase upon thee. [23] But the Lord thy God shall deliver them unto thee, and shall destroy them with a mighty destruction, until they be destroyed.

Being a Christian there will be many battles since this is part of our calling. You must put on the full armor of God not the least of which is prayer in the spirit, tongues that is. Read the 6th chapter of Ephesians.

Jesus arrested me outside of denominations, saved me, baptized me in His Holy Spirit and gave me the gift of tongues. It's been a long and weary journey but Jesus brought me and my family all the way.

Never let anyone turn you from the truth of the Bible. Many will attempt to tell you that all scriptures are not for today. Do not be deceived. If all are not for today then who decides which scriptures are right?

His calling and anointing remain the same as they were at the beginning.

Malachi 3:6 KJVS
For I am the Lord , I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

God bless and protect you in your quest for He urged us to draw near to Him

In His service, Frank Lee Jennings

Hello [B]joel[/B],

Frank has given examples of the empowerment of God the Holy Spirit, eg., from Mark 16:17,18; Acts 1:8; Acts 19:1-7; etc., but in each case, the context has to be considered, and thought given to whom this empowerment was given and why. For God deals with each one of us quite differently. We are empowered for the life's journey we will make individually, and the trials and life experiences we will encounter. The Holy Spirit is with us from the moment we are saved by grace, through the faith of Christ our Saviour. Praise God!

Speaking in tongues was the very least of all the gifts of the Spirit allotted to believers during the period covered by the book of Acts and referred to in the epistles written during that period. Love is the greatest of all gifts, and is the experience of each one of us, in Christ Jesus

Try the things that differ, and apply the principle of 2 Timothy 2:15, for though all Scripture is for us, not all is about us. The letters written from prison by the Apostle Paul, are particularly for us in this dispensation, (Eph. Phil. Col. 1&2 Timothy and Titus, based on the foundation of the doctrinal basis of justification by faith, found in Romans).

* You are God's workmanship.:)

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
This is a Friendly Reminder

The topic of Speaking In Tongues
Is Prohibited in the Open Forum
Under Rule #2

Please Refer to the Topics Prohibited in the Open Forum here

CFS is in No Means Claiming this Topic is False or Not For Believers or Removing it from The Most Holy Written Word Of God.

We placed this topic in the Topics Prohibited because Members would not cooperate with Common Courtesy
and continually Argued their points.

We thank you for your understanding and compliance with forum policies.

Again this is a Friendly Reminder
Thank You
God Bless
FCJ

Also This is another Friendly Warning.

Some Members Believe some things in the New Testament are Not For us today and Others Do Not hold this Belief.

Just a Friendly Reminder We May disagree on things But this does Not Make any one a False Teacher or Not Saved.

If you do Not Agree then present your reasons and allow The Holy Spirit to work in the hearts of others Through God's Most Holy Written Word.

Thank You Again for your Cooperation
Blessings
FCJ

2Ti 3:16 — 2Ti 3:17
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

I was viewing a DVD with friends about a Danish man who has rediscovered the book of Acts is is going about Europe
laying hands on people (divine healings) and baptizing converts.

Very exciting. The real thing happening in these last days.

https://thelastreformationmovie.com/about-the-director/

How did you come to know Jesus?
God spoke to me again. He said “This time you will make something bigger than you’ve ever done before!”

I got born again and met God three years ago, in the beginning of 2013. I was a ‘Christian’ all my life and I loved God.
But I felt it was really boring to go to church and I didn’t like to read my Bible because I didn’t really understand it.
So one day I was searching on the internet and I found a website called ‘Experience Jesus’ and I saw the videos of people
getting healed, and delivered and baptized. It really opened my eyes. I saw that it was not just special people like leaders,
pastors, people with a gift or a special anointing that can do it! Everyone can do it! I thought “I need this!!”.

Hello again,

Keep your eyes on the Lord Jesus Christ, joel, and on His Word. Keep your feet firmly planted in His truth. For, as you can see, there are many voices raised, but only one voice matters, and that is the still small voice of the Holy Spirit, Who touches your heart and enriches your spirit, through His Word.

May God's perfect will be done, both in and through you, for His Name and glory's sake.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Trebullar
I am closing this thread for now. Due to not wanting you to be overwhelmed with to many responses. When you return if you desire this to be reopened so that you may respond please send any moderator a pm and they will reopen it for you.

Blessings my friend
Praying you are well and at peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back