Where was He?

I have one problem with number 3, God loves everyone dearly...so if anyone prayed..at any point,time, or situation in there life...he would hear them.
:) I agree, God loves everyone dearly!! Amen!!

That verse is not suggesting God is partial. Rather it is evidence of free will. When we are unrepentant sinners not seeking God at all, His hands are tied from helping us.

I had a pet chicken called Plucky, whom I loved dearly and treated her like my child. She was part of the family and we loved her so very much. She got very sick with a disease I don't even know about, so we took her to the vet who prescribed medicine. We kept Plucky inside the house, fed her looked after her and even tried to give her the medicine (an antibiotic too).

I got home from school today and found her dead in her little hay box where she slept at night. This is the second time a chicken of mine had died to a disease I don't even know. Vets couldn't even tell what she had.
This lead me to a question which I'm itching to know about.

If God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son to save us, then why did he create disease, bacteria and virus's that hurt and even kill innocent people? Some of these people are even Christian's, pure children of God. If He loves us so much then why does he let some of us suffer and even die to Natural factors?

I understand that mans first sin, The Fall, would've brought death and disease into the world, but animals are sinless and innocent. So why does he take animals lives as well? Letting sinless animals suffer from something caused by man?

I prayed to God to save my chicken yet she still died. Where was He?

We live in a fallen world, and in that fallen world comes death. Everything on earth became cursed with the fall, meaning everything will die.
Now in terms of your chicken that you loved dearly, God answers all prayers, but sometimes that answer is a no. He's still God, and He still loves you and knows whats best for you. The chicken did not die because you did not "pray the right words" or any of that, it died because it had a disease, and that's what happens.

I can empathize with you, I have lost many animals that I have loved dearly, but God has shown me very important lessons through it. One being how short life is and how quickly it can end and the value of human life. In terms of eternity, this is a microscopic drop in an ocean, I pray that it does not trouble you any more than for what it is. I am not trying to downplay what has happened, but remember the big picture as a christian. We are called to be witnesses throughout the world regardless of circumstances. Chances are there are people very close to you who do not know the love of Christ, and just like your chicken, they can all die in a short amount of time. How much more valuable is their soul than the life of a chicken!

:) I agree, God loves everyone dearly!! Amen!!

That verse is not suggesting God is partial. Rather it is evidence of free will. When we are unrepentant sinners not seeking God at all, His hands are tied from helping us.

What about in the terms of Samson? He was going against the Lord the entire time of his life aside from the very end. He did the exact opposite of everything he was supposed to do, yet the Lord still helped him continually up until his hair was cut. Then of course with his last action, he repents of his ways and the lord allows him to kill more philistines than ever.

What about in the terms of Samson? He was going against the Lord the entire time of his life aside from the very end. He did the exact opposite of everything he was supposed to do, yet the Lord still helped him continually up until his hair was cut. Then of course with his last action, he repents of his ways and the lord allows him to kill more philistines than ever.
I wouldn't say God answered his prayers in his sinful state. He had a gift from God that did not go until he cut his hair. Much like the devil still has the power to do miracles.

Samson's last request was honored because of the condition of his heart. As you said 'he repented'. Repentance = qualifies for John 9:31. If he cursed God, I think God would have dropped sulfur and acid from heaven on the Philistines instead of the roof.

Last edited:
2. God gives life and takes it away. We cannot grasp His omniscient timing of death. God would only be evil if He tortured your chicken in heaven. The bible says there is no torture in heaven. So God is good and your chicken is happy.

Are you saying that chickens go to heaven?

In my opinion, I believe all animals go to heaven. Chickens included. It does make sense once you think about it. And I'm happy to see that other people agree. Some people think otherwise, but just picture heaven in your mind. What does it look like? What's in heaven? People would probably say flowers and clouds and bridges and rivers and such. But can people imagine a heaven without animals? Like birds and butterflies and fish? Its hard to. Besides. Just because humans have higher logical and capable thinking does not mean God favors us so so much that he rejects animals because they're incapable. I think animals do go to heaven. Couldn't find an excuse why not. Now I know Plucky is in Heaven now. Where like pancakes said, in an environment of God's everlasting love.

I wouldn't say God answered his prayers in his sinful state. He had a gift from God that did not go until he cut his hair. Much like the devil still has the power to do miracles.

Samson's last request was honored because of the condition of his heart. As you said 'he repented'. Repentance = qualifies for John 9:31. If he cursed God, I think God would have dropped sulfur and acid from heaven on the Philistines instead of the roof.

I get what you're saying now, late nights and reading comprehension don't usually mix for me :ROFLMAO:

The biggest reason I believe animals do not go to heaven is because they have no soul, free will or cognitive thought. Plus the few hundred animals I have killed may not be too comfortable in heaven with the one who sent them being there.

Now scripture does point to animals in heaven, so obviously there are, however, I do not believe that my favorite dog is in heaven.

If I'm wrong on this when I get to heaven, then I'll be too busy worshiping God to notice. If I'm right, then once again, I'll be too busy worshiping God to notice. In the end, heaven is perfect, with, or without my pets.

I don't see anything wrong with asking god to extend someone or something's life..theres nothing wrong with that prayer...along with taking mental,emotional or physical pain away...

Still the answer is sometimes no...
it is what it is...

I think it'd be better to pray for endurance.
You are correct my little sister.

James 1:2-4 ................
"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. "

The biggest reason I believe animals do not go to heaven is because they have no soul, free will or cognitive thought. Plus the few hundred animals I have killed may not be too comfortable in heaven with the one who sent them being there.

Now scripture does point to animals in heaven, so obviously there are, however, I do not believe that my favorite dog is in heaven.

If I'm wrong on this when I get to heaven, then I'll be too busy worshiping God to notice. If I'm right, then once again, I'll be too busy worshiping God to notice. In the end, heaven is perfect, with, or without my pets.

I agree brother. We can make a new pets out of the ones there. I have always like lions. I think that I will make a lion my new pet.

I hope that chicken I ate last night doesn't go to heaven. I'm sure it would be mad at me for frying it up.
I find it quite amazing that one can get so attached to a chicken. I used to be attached to a mouse in my house. I even helped it rear its family by nightly putting out treats in my kitchen :giggle:.

I do believe I will see that mouse in heaven simply because we serve a God that is good and can do anything. It died to my wifes rat poison :(.

1. The same way He made lions with big teeth. When He was in control they lay with lambs. Is He evil for being omniscient / having foreknowledge? No! He can't help the fact that He is God...of the universe ;). We know He is not evil by looking at where the evidence of what He decides to do with His omniscience and omnipotence points...John 3:16.

2. God gives life and takes it away. We cannot grasp His omniscient timing of death. God would only be evil if He tortured your chicken in heaven. The bible says there is no torture in heaven. So God is good and your chicken is happy.

3. We need to remember that it is because God is good that He does not always get involved! Free will = good. God only hears the prayers of His people John 9:31. If you are His child and you prayed, well then you just need to accept He knows better / it is all part of His plan for your life.

My only reply is to #2. God has never said that He gives life and takes it away. That was Job, and his speaking out of his lack of understanding about God. The truth about death and His desires are fully explained in God's Word.

Blessings

My only reply is to #2. 1. God has never said that He gives life and takes it away. 2. That was Job, and his speaking out of his lack of understanding about God. 3. The truth about death and His desires are fully explained in God's Word. Blessings

1. God created all life and gave it all an expiry date. Even Adam, before sin would die.
2. That is an unwise statement. I think Job knew God better then any of us. I thank God everyday for knowing that I will be crushed by those things that hit Job.
3. What are you alluding to? The devil who is not omnipresent is behind all death?

I noticed in your first post here that you miss quoted ''he has come to kill and destroy''. The devil kills us inside. His wisdom is in the world. He pioneered sin. Death is never 'death' in scripture. It is a state in sin / out of God's presence. God is behind the 'death' (as in moving on to the next life) of every being.

Last edited:
1. God created all life and gave it all an expiry date. Even Adam, before sin would die.
2. That is an unwise statement. I think Job knew God better then any of us. I thank God everyday for knowing that I will be crushed by those things that hit Job.
3. What are you alluding to? The devil who is not omnipresent is behind all death?

I noticed in your first post here that you miss quoted ''he has come to kill and destroy''. The devil kills us inside. His wisdom is in the world. He pioneered sin. Death is never 'death' in scripture. It is a state in sin / out of God's presence. God is behind the 'death' (as in moving on to the next life) of every being.

I fully 100% disagree with most of what you said. Its your opinion that i misquoted Scripture.
Have a blessed day :)

Back