Which is true?

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
Good study topic,

.....James is talking about the outworking of our faith after salvation.

....James was implying that if we pray for something and then do nothing about it, we have no faith.

....James was illustrating that if we pray for something we should have the faith to get involved and carry it out!

I just never thought this verse was a problem....

If you read the whole chapter, it seems plain to me.

To have true faith is to live your faith.

James2:14- What [doth it] profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, and one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be [ye] warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what [doth it] profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my work.

Ginger

I just never thought this verse was a problem....

If you read the whole chapter, it seems plain to me.

To have true faith is to live your faith.

James2:14- What [doth it] profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, and one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be [ye] warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what [doth it] profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my work.

Ginger
Indeed!:)

i believe that the works that james is talkin about arer works of faith Pauls refrence to works of the law were in refrence to trying to keep the ten commandments for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified the difference lies in faith works are motivated by love and align themselves to the will of God where as works of the law promote pride and the flesh l;l our own righteousness uis as filthy rags i believe this is where the difference lies pray and asjk God test all things hold on to what is good GGod bless in Jesus name

Back