Who Are You Kidding?

M

Mark_18

Who Are You Kidding?

Let's all pray for God to help us to be honest with ourself and with Him.

I think this is often a big problem in our relationship with Him, and it can go unnoticed.

Amen brother!
sometimes we may feel the need to fake it in order to be popular/feel important/to appear pious.but the Lord hates hypocrites..

Psalm 26:3-5 (English Standard Version)

3For your steadfast love is before my eyes,
and I walk in your faithfulness.
4 I do not sit with men of falsehood,
nor do I consort with hypocrites.
5 I hate the assembly of evildoers,
and I will not sit with the wicked.

Matthew 23:12-14 (English Standard Version)

12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
13"But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in.

Too many people put on their little act of "playing Christian" on Sunday or whatever day they go to a church--on the rare occasions that they even go anywhere. They put on their pious face and sing "Oh How I Love Jesus!" Then they go out and don't show any love to anyone except maybe close family.

They sing "Take my life and let it be"--with the emphasis on "Let it be." What they really mean is "Leave my life alone and let me live it the way I want. I know what's best for me"

Hypocrisy ia alive and well--thriving among "Christians". They act as though they think they are sinless and perfect while criticizing sins in others. When I say "They", I am including myself; I've been guilty of that hypocrisy. Jesus said, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her" in John 8:7, when an adulterous woman was brought to Him.

He wasn't condoning her sin, but He was telling us that none of us are so good and perfect that we can condemn others while overlooking our own sins and acting pious and righteous.

Signs of the times?

:groupray:

2 Timothy 3

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.
10But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
11Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
12Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
13But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
Matthew 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
Jeremiah 17:9
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
Revelation 3:3
Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

:groupray:

Back