Who is a Christian?

Many think that a verbal announcement on a sunday then a quick bath and that's it, your in, but if you are the seed that fell on stony ground or the others you quickly fall
away because you had no understanding that Christianity is a change of all you are. Its not a lifestyle accessory and then a free ticket.

I don't disagree,

Thanks for the response (y)

Regarding Once saved Always saved:
Revelation 3:5
5He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Now Yeshua says an interesting thing here - "and I will not blot out his name from the book of life".
Do we know what this means? It means that there is a possibility that He can remove your and my name from the book of life.
If we thus do not overcome, we are in trouble.

In reading 1 John, it is laid out plainly that you must confess Jesus having lived, and died for us, and that He is God's Son. Also God's love, which is God's essence, must be in our hearts. If we have not love....1 Corinthians 13......we are nothing. Works are not important, the repercussions of the love we have inside us is what matters and makes us true Christians.

In reading 1 John, it is laid out plainly that you must confess Jesus having lived, and died for us, and that He is God's Son. Also God's love, which is God's essence, must be in our hearts. If we have not love....1 Corinthians 13......we are nothing. Works are not important, the repercussions of the love we have inside us is what matters and makes us true Christians.
I agree to a point, but love is not just a declaration nor is it just a feeling. Love is evidenced through good works. There is a balance there that many wish to escape.....not sure why except it seems to be a real desire to remain unaccountable and to justify an unwillingness to come into obedience. I can't really see any other excuse.

I agree to a point, but love is not just a declaration nor is it just a feeling. Love is evidenced through good works. There is a balance there that many wish to escape.....not sure why except it seems to be a real desire to remain unaccountable and to justify an unwillingness to come into obedience. I can't really see any other excuse.
I see your point, but obedience without love makes you either a robot or a slave doing only what your taskmaster requires. I believe obedience grows from love you have received like a seed from God. Without love, one is just like the Pharisees who only wanted adherence to the law. You can see this in all the exchanges between them and Jesus. They wanted to accuse Jesus as a law breaker, and Jesus accused them of perverting the law and not having the quintessential love required to be one with the Father. One does not love because one obeys. One obeys because one loves.

Regarding Once saved Always saved:
Revelation 3:5
5He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Now Yeshua says an interesting thing here - "and I will not blot out his name from the book of life".
Do we know what this means? It means that there is a possibility that He can remove your and my name from the book of life.
If we thus do not overcome, we are in trouble.

Yes, I know several people who knows what that statement means and it is NOT what you just posted.

"And I will not blot out his name out of the book of life"....signifies that he will be saved.

When we die, God blots us out of the Book of Life. God never blots our names out of the Lamb’s Book of life.

Ex 32: 31 ...........
"Then Moses returned to the Lord and said, ‘Oh, these people have committed a great sin, and have made for themselves a god of gold!’ 32 ‘Yet now, if You will forgive their sin—but if not, I pray, blot me out of Your book which You have written.”’"

Moses asks God to kill him. He asks God to take him out of the book of physical life. Jesus will physically blot out the life of those who do not gain victory in their spiritual lives.

Cosmicwaffle said this.
We must understand that despite that God has ordained that we all be confused and hold to different theologies. Make no mistake, he did this for a reason we do not yet understand, but we know it is true. Why also do many "believers" live unrighteous lives? Is it not because God ordained it to be so? Yes, he did, but he could have also ordained that this be remedied by the correct teaching of the Gospel. These unrighteous believers probably are waiting for a pastor to tell them they have God living inside them! This would ease the burden of trying to be righteous and please God through our flesh.

Really?

It's Called a No Fault Religion.....no matter what happens it is not my fault so it has to be all God. lol

I am not here to discredit you at all, but I'm not getting the whole God made us to be this, this, or that... It sounds like Calvinism or Predestination doctrine...
I'm not here to say that believing on that would make one un saved, because as long as one calls upon Jesus they are saved, but its certainly not biblical.

So let me get this straight unless I read it wrong, you truly believe God predestines things for man??? If that were so then can't people trapped in sin say that God made them that way??

I am not here to discredit you at all, but I'm not getting the whole God made us to be this, this, or that... It sounds like Calvinism or Predestination doctrine...
I'm not here to say that believing on that would make one un saved, because as long as one calls upon Jesus they are saved, but its certainly not biblical.

So let me get this straight unless I read it wrong, you truly believe God predestines things for man??? If that were so then can't people trapped in sin say that God made them that way??

Hi Kristin. Actually, you are right. Pharaoh could make that claim as well as Judas. For the believer in Christ Jesus, Our Heavenly Father does charter a course for those who are obedient to His Commands, Statues, and Rules. There is nothing wrong with predestination and a correct understanding of Calvinism....We are not allowed to discuss Calvinism. If you have a question, you can PM me. I'm a five pointer +.

Hi Kristin. Actually, you are right. Pharaoh could make that claim as well as Judas. For the believer in Christ Jesus, Our Heavenly Father does charter a course for those who are obedient to His Commands, Statues, and Rules. There is nothing wrong with predestination and a correct understanding of Calvinism....We are not allowed to discuss Calvinism. If you have a question, you can PM me. I'm a five pointer +.

Oh okay thanks a lot :)

Back