Who Is It That Jesus Baptizes?

Who Is It That Jesus Baptizes?

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and His disciples into the land of Judaea; and there He tarried with them, and baptized.
Who are those He baptized/baptizes? Those that were "with them," His disciples, those that follow Him both in that time and today.
4:1-3 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, (Though Jesus Himself baptized not, but His disciples,) He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee.

The only ones Jesus baptizes are "His disciples." It is easier understood if the above comma wasn't placed in the sentence highlighted in blue and is read...."Jesus Himself baptized not but His disciples," for that is what is being said. He only baptizes His disciples. John the Baptist said to Jesus when He presented Himself to be baptized....
Matthew 3:14-15 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest Thou to me? And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered Him.
John was right. He, as a disciple of Christ, was one that could be baptized by the Savior. But, the time wasn't right. At that time the dove had not yet descended. It was after that event that Jesus "baptized His disciples," with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Again, John said....
Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but He that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

So there are two types of baptism. That of John...water baptism/unto repentance and that of Jesus Christ...of the Holy Spirit and fire.
Acts 19:3-5 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on Him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
They are His disciples for only His disciples are baptized by Christ.

Christ chose the ones he wanted,they were special.and are special even judas.the prodical son might yet have a saving moment.you look to God for cruelty,but he only wants you.love covers many sins but wisdom follows Christ.

Christ chose the ones he wanted,they were special.and are special even judas.the prodical son might yet have a saving moment.you look to God for cruelty,but he only wants you.love covers many sins but wisdom follows Christ.

Hi there,

I agree, Christ did choose the "ones He wanted" and He still does today.

May I ask, why did you write, "you look to God for cruelty?"

when people read judas they expect his one obtuse moment to cost him forever.this is only for God to decide just like cain.

[when people read judas they expect his one obtuse moment to cost him forever.this is only for God to decide just like cain.]

Judas decided his own fate. That is everyone's judgement.

Judas is lost per Jesus...
(Joh 17:12) While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Hi Whirlwind, thanks, good to see you!

Back