Who Is Jesus Christ Of The Original Apostles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is JESUS CHRIST of the original Apostles? How many people believing in the Holy Bible noticed this warning of the Apostles?

2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
And this reminder:

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

These are the different doctrines about "Jesus Christ" heard today:

1. ARIAN doctrine - preaching Jesus Christ is only a man and not God.
2. ATHANACIAN creed - preaching Jesus Christ is both God and man and is the 2nd person of the Trinity
3. ONENESS (or Sabellian) doctrine - preaching Jesus Christ is the NAME of the Father and the Holy Spirit (read Rev. 13:11, for warning).
4. JEHOVAH doctrine (of recent origin) - preaching Jesus Christ is only a mighty God for there is supreme or Almighty God.

WHO, then, is JESUS CHRIST of the original Apostles? Let alone GOD reveal who HE is through His very words.

Who is JESUS CHRIST of the original Apostles? How many people believing in the Holy Bible noticed this warning of the Apostles?

2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
And this reminder:

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

These are the different doctrines about "Jesus Christ" heard today:

1. ARIAN doctrine - preaching Jesus Christ is only a man and not God.
2. ATHANACIAN creed - preaching Jesus Christ is both God and man and is the 2nd person of the Trinity
3. ONENESS (or Sabellian) doctrine - preaching Jesus Christ is the NAME of the Father and the Holy Spirit (read Rev. 13:11, for warning).
4. JEHOVAH doctrine (of recent origin) - preaching Jesus Christ is only a mighty God for there is supreme or Almighty God.

WHO, then, is JESUS CHRIST of the original Apostles? Let alone GOD reveal who HE is through His very words.

Allow me to respond to your comment.

2 Cort. 11:4.....notice "He that cometh". That shows that the false teachers were not native to Corinth. They came from somewhere else.

You see, the 10th and 11th chapters are connected and Pauls object is to vindicate himself from the charges brought against him by the false teaachers, his enemies and to vindicate his claim to the apostolic office to which Jesus appointed him. So the CONTEXT is in false teachers.

Now to the Scripture again.........."If he that cometh preacheth another Jesus"................that is, IF these teachers who have come in from somewhere else can preach a Jesus more worthy of your love and more able to save you....than the Jesus I preached to you, then I admit that you would do well to hear them.

But then Paul says that is impossible for his message was..........."NO ONE is superioor to Jesus and none but Jesus can save, including the angels.

The Savior Paul preached ---Jesus---could not be improved upon and he knew that. The gospel Paul preached was perfect and there was no other gospel and no other hope! The gospel could not be improved upon therefore any change to it by anyone made that person a false teacher.

Allow me to respond to your comment.

2 Cort. 11:4.....notice "He that cometh". That shows that the false teachers were not native to Corinth. They came from somewhere else.

You see, the 10th and 11th chapters are connected and Pauls object is to vindicate himself from the charges brought against him by the false teaachers, his enemies and to vindicate his claim to the apostolic office to which Jesus appointed him. So the CONTEXT is in false teachers.

Now to the Scripture again.........."If he that cometh preacheth another Jesus"................that is, IF these teachers who have come in from somewhere else can preach a Jesus more worthy of your love and more able to save you....than the Jesus I preached to you, then I admit that you would do well to hear them.

But then Paul says that is impossible for his message was..........."NO ONE is superioor to Jesus and none but Jesus can save, including the angels.

The Savior Paul preached ---Jesus---could not be improved upon and he knew that. The gospel Paul preached was perfect and there was no other gospel and no other hope! The gospel could not be improved upon therefore any change to it by anyone made that person a false teacher.

Major, Sir, you are absolutely correct. The word of God in the Holy Bible is not focused on a particular place or time. It is the message of God ALL THE TIME and EVERYWHERE.

There is only one JESUS CHRIST, the Savior spoken of by the FATHER in the following:

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

The same Savior spoken of by the FATHER as the ONLY creator in the following:

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

The foregong truth about the ONLY Creator is attested to by Nehemia:

Nehemiah 9:6 Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

To WHOM the foregoing points to?

Let ALONE God reveal things about HIM.
Philosopy or HUMAN WISDOM, the use of the "intellect, senses, and feeling," is an abomination to GOD!

Major, Sir, you are absolutely correct. The word of God in the Holy Bible is not focused on a particular place or time. It is the message of God ALL THE TIME and EVERYWHERE.

There is only one JESUS CHRIST, the Savior spoken of by the FATHER in the following:

The same Savior spoken of by the FATHER as the ONLY creator in the following:

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

The foregong truth about the ONLY Creator is attested to by Nehemia:

Nehemiah 9:6 Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

To WHOM the foregoing points to?

Let ALONE God reveal things about HIM.
Philosopy or HUMAN WISDOM, the use of the "intellect, senses, and feeling," is an abomination to GOD!

Well thank you for the flowers!!!

Who is JESUS CHRIST of Simon Peter, Martha, Nathanael and the other Apostles and Disciples?

Why did it take the “revelation of the FATHER” when Simon Peter declared (Mat 16:16):

“Thou art the Christ?”

“Thou art the Son of the living God?

In:

Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Declaring JESUS is the "Christ" requires divine revelation, and not simply from the preachers:

Jeremiah 17:5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

Or, from "own understanding" but from complete "trust in God."

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
WHO did the Apostles/Disciples "see" in JESUS for declaring He is the "Christ?" All admit that "Christ" means Saviour, Redeemer, or Messiah.

Look! WHO is speaking in the following?

If indeed it is very easy to identify JESUS CHRIST, how come after Simon Peter recognized HIM in the following:

Matthew 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Jesus Christ told His Disciples not tell the people He is the CHRIST?

Matthew 16:20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

And yet today, leaders of different sects are "introducing Jesus is the Christ" and they cannot agree on HIS identity:

* Some preach, "Jesus is only a man and not God"
* Others preach, "Jesus is only a Mighty God for there is a supreme or Almighty God"
*Still others preach, "Jesus Christ is the NAME of the Father and the Holy Spirit" (considered to be the most deceptive)
*Many preach, "Jesus Christ is both God and man, and He is the second person of the Trinity"

(Something to think about.)

WHO, really is JESUS CHRIST of the original Apostles?

How easy for preachers of the 1001 sects and denominations of which CHRISTIANITY is composed to claim, and now introducting JESUS CHRIST as "Lord and Savior." Are they not subject to JESUS' rebuke in the following?

John 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

Then,

WHO is the GOD of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses? What is His NAME?
WHO is the GOD of Peter and Paul? What is His NAME?

Is the mystery about the clear and true identity of the One True God having been solved by Theologians and Bible scholars for more than 2,000 years already?

WHO is the GOD that the chosen will meet and to be with in eternity?

Why have we not heard religious leaders of the 1001 sects and denominations of CHRISTIANITY preached the "First of all the commandments" that JESUS CHRIST revealed to a humble Scribe?

Mark 12:28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
Thereafter follow the Two Great Commandments. This only indicates that TO KNOW the One True God is a prerequisite to "love of God," and this should be followed by "love of neighbor" which must not necessarily refer to "fellowmen."

Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Mark 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

To be emphasized, the foregoing is but a repetition of what was written in the Old Testament:

Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Deuteronomy 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

The first of the Ten Commandments must be God's introduction of Himself. But this needs "divine revelation" in order to clearly identify Him:

Exodus 20:2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Of course the GOD speaking in this commandment is the "God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses."
Now who is the GOD of Peter and Paul?

Then,

WHO is the GOD of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses? What is His NAME?
WHO is the GOD of Peter and Paul? What is His NAME?
Since there is only one God, and since the various tittles He has given do not seem to satisfy your equation, perhaps we will just have to wait and see. Rev 19:12 Maybe we will get to know at the end of the age.
blessings
calvin

Please enlighten us or this thread will be closed.

This is not new from our friend ...fil3232003. For as long as I can recall, this has been his pet project.

While it seems to him to be the most importand thing to discuss, allow me to post what the Scriptures say about a NAME................

Acts 4:10-12
New King James Version (NKJV)
"let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole. This is the ‘stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.’Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

Salvation for all people is exclusively through the name of Jesus Christ.!!!!!!

Jesus - Jehovah are one in the same. Lord God over all creation, saviour, redeemer,

The God of Abraham and Isaac is the great I AM. Jesus is the great I AM.

Please enlighten us or this thread will be closed.

"HisManySongs", Sir, only the FATHER has the ability to enlighten on GOD'S true IDENTITY, by identifying JESUS CHRIST as demonstrated to Simon Peter in the following:

After Jesus Christ preached in Caesarea Philippi, people saw and heard Him speak, but here is how they recognized HIM:

Matthew 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
Today, we are all witnesses to how different sects/denominations preach Jesus Christ as the "Son of God and Savior" (1).....(2).....(3).....(4).....

However, Simon Peter stood up and declared the following about JESUS CHRIST!

Matthew 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

Matthew 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

What did Simon Peter see in JESUS declaring He is the CHRIST that required the "revelation of the Father?" This must have been a "miracle!"

What did Simon Peter see in JESUS declaring He is the SON OF GOD that required the "revelation of the Father?" This must have been a "miracle" also!

We all know "CHRIST" means SAVIOR, and Jesus as SON of GOD refers to "The ANOINTED ONE."

(To be continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back