Who is Shekhinah ?

The shekhinah (Biblical Hebrew: שְׁכִינָה‎ šəḵīna; also Romanized shekina(h), schechina(h), shechina(h)) is the English transliteration of a Hebrew word meaning "dwelling" or "settling" and denotes the dwelling or settling of the divine presence of God.
In Kabbalah, the shekhinah is identified with the tenth sefirah (Malkuth), and the source of life for humans on earth below the sefirotic realm.

The shekhinah (Biblical Hebrew: שְׁכִינָה‎ šəḵīna; also Romanized shekina(h), schechina(h), shechina(h)) is the English transliteration of a Hebrew word meaning "dwelling" or "settling" and denotes the dwelling or settling of the divine presence of God.
In Kabbalah, the shekhinah is identified with the tenth sefirah (Malkuth), and the source of life for humans on earth below the sefirotic realm.

It is NOT a Bible term!

It is a "feminine" word and denotes a "she-god" and is a JEWIS teaching however it does not appear in the Hebrew.

I just thought it meant God's glory
eg the light surrounding God.

It would help if you had a scripture to show this word in context. I can't think of any off the top of my head but I have heard the word before.

The Kabbalah is a system of occult Jewish teachings and has no divine validity.

Back