Who Resides In The Millennium?

Who Resides In The Millennium?

Proverbs 2:21-22 For the upright shall dwell in the land, and the perfect shall remain in it. But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it.

This passage caught my eye this morning. It shows exactly what to expect in the millennium.

The upright, the righteous people...including those that may not have believed in Christ but lived a good life as a good soul "shall dwell in the land." They will be taught during the millennium. They must be tested again to see if, in the eternity, they "remain in it."

The perfect are God's elect, His firstfruits....those that have been perfected to be in His image. They "shall remain." They have already been, "called, chosen, justified and glorified." They are the priests of God, those of the first resurrection, and they shall teach the "upright."

Then we have the "wicked" and the "transgressors." The wicked are "cut off" from the rest of God's children, the upright. symbolically referred to as earth...for we are made of earth. The wicked are not yet disposed of but they are not with the upright. They come back into the picture at the end of the millennium.

Revelation 20:7-9 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, God and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

The "nations" are the upright and are still prone to deception...as they are in this age.

That leaves us with the "transgressors." They shall be "rooted out." These are the tares! Poisonous weeds in the garden of God. Plucked up and thrown away. :dance:

the "for" 1000 years can also be read in the greek as "until" 1000 years . i love how scripture keeps repeating its echo until fulfillment showing how all that is written true . in every possible way .

But those who reside are those mentioned in this passage .

Isaiah 41

1 "Be silent before me, you islands!
Let the nations renew their strength!
Let them come forward and speak;
let us meet together at the place of judgment.

The rest are those get resurrected after Jesus BBQs the beast in the lake of fire .

Revelation 20

4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Back