Who speaks out for christians globally?

Most times i watch the news ,especially in Aljazeera, i see them speaking in great favour to a particular religion and concentrating on how that religion has been victimised. yet every day even under my very nose i see great deal of injustice occurring against Christians yet no one is speaking or making it an issue.. this year there was a demonstation held by the Biroms in Plateau state Nigeria whom are mainly Christians, crying out that there had been attacks on them in a plot to wipe them and change the religious status of that area, it was the same state last three years where a recorded video went viral of the killings of 501 christians in a church. I haven't seen any documentary about how the orphaned children of these atrocities are coping yet i keep seeing documentries of injustice met on a particular group. My question is, is the persecution of christians now so ancient that no matter how gory it is, it is not worth news to be highlighted or are christians now so self centered that what happens to other christians isn't their business and should not be constantly nagged about to the viewers discomfort?

I don't know, but I experience great "discomfort" whenever I hear or read of extreme persecution and killings of Christians. We are FAMILY.

Don't forget that the news machine in the west sanitizes the news so that many things that go on in the world are swept under the carpet, lest Christians gain a stronger foothold and a louder voice, here. We can combat that silence by getting involved in missions and seeking out good websites that will release important news about the plight of Christians worldwide.

Last edited:
I don't know, but I experience great "discomfort" whenever I hear or read of extreme persecution and killings of Christians. Don't forget that the news machine in the west sanitizes the news so that many things that go on in the world are swept under the carpet, lest Christians gain a stronger foothold and a louder voice, here. We can combat that silence by getting involved in missions and seeking out good websites that will release important news about the plight of Christians worldwide.
Is that enough? I can't help but feel like christians need a news channel that paints it or insinuates it as it is, every day i keep seeing stories on the news of a group of people who are cunningly trying to impose their ways on the west and still keep shouting foul yet when you go to contries they govern and see the atrocities they commit and cover up before it sees the light of day you will marvel.. i just wish.....

Is that enough? I can't help but feel like christians need a news channel that paints it or insinuates it as it is, every day i keep seeing stories on the news of a group of people who are cunningly trying to impose their ways on the west and still keep shouting foul yet when you go to contries they govern and see the atrocities they commit and cover up before it sees the light of day you will marvel.. i just wish.....

My suggestion was definitely not enough! It's the start.

There are organisations, such as International Christian Concern and the Barnabus Fund, which provide aid for the persecuted Church, but they also provide news and highlight persecution wherever it occurs. I don't think we'll ever see these issues covered in the mainstream media, but persecuted believers do have a voice and an advocate in the world in these kinds of organisations.

We wrestle not against "flesh" and blood, but principalities, and powers and wickedness in high places.

Our "out cry" is not towards man, but God who alone is able to save us!!

Luk 18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
Luk 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

2Pe 2:7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
2Pe 2:8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds.

Last edited:
We wrestle not against "flesh" and blood, but principalities, and powers and wickedness in high places.

Our "out cry" is not towards man, but God who alone is able to save us!!

Luk 18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
Luk 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

2Pe 2:7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
2Pe 2:8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds.
I totally agree with you, but it isn't easy living through it, waiting for God to take vengeance only to see their numbers multiply and more havoc met on Christians..

There are organisations, such as International Christian Concern and the Barnabus Fund, which provide aid for the persecuted Church, but they also provide news and highlight persecution wherever it occurs. I don't think we'll ever see these issues covered in the mainstream media, but persecuted believers do have a voice and an advocate in the world in these kinds of organisations.
I'm hearing these names for the first time, so i doubt they operate in my region. How then will they get the news while it is still hot and spicy?? It might be the worst cases which can't be covered up they get to hear and publicise but what about the ones that are hurriedly covered up without a trace?

I totally agree with you, but it isn't easy living through it, waiting for God to take vengeance only to see their numbers multiply and more havoc met on Christians..
Jesus never said it would be easy, but he did give us a weapon that our enemy can not overcome which is the Word of God, also known as the "sword of the Spirit". In this world we will have tribulations, but in Christ we have peace.

John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."

I'm hearing these names for the first time, so i doubt they operate in my region. How then will they get the news while it is still hot and spicy?? It might be the worst cases which can't be covered up they get to hear and publicise but what about the ones that are hurriedly covered up without a trace?
I believe both ICC and the Barnabas Fund operate globally, through local ministries. Both their websites have interactive maps of persecution events. I'm not sure how they get their news, but I imagine it's fed back to the central organisation through the same channels as aid goes out. But, as you say, I imagine we don't know the half of it. I'm sure there's a lot of persecution which goes on under the radar.

Most times i watch the news ,especially in Aljazeera, i see them speaking in great favour to a particular religion and concentrating on how that religion has been victimised. yet every day even under my very nose i see great deal of injustice occurring against Christians yet no one is speaking or making it an issue.. this year there was a demonstation held by the Biroms in Plateau state Nigeria whom are mainly Christians, crying out that there had been attacks on them in a plot to wipe them and change the religious status of that area, it was the same state last three years where a recorded video went viral of the killings of 501 christians in a church. I haven't seen any documentary about how the orphaned children of these atrocities are coping yet i keep seeing documentries of injustice met on a particular group. My question is, is the persecution of christians now so ancient that no matter how gory it is, it is not worth news to be highlighted or are christians now so self centered that what happens to other christians isn't their business and should not be constantly nagged about to the viewers discomfort?

A question. Is there another news source that you could go to for information?

There is no changing the fact that Al Jazeera’s leading personality is the Muslim Brotherhood cleric Yusuf al-Qaradawi.

In dispensing Islamic clerical wisdom, Qaradawi has called for the murder of U.S. soldiers and Jews. Earlier this year on his own popular Al Jazeera show, Qaradawi also affirmed the Islamic penalty for “apostasy,” or leaving Islam: death. Qaradawi, meanwhile, isn’t just a big man with the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Jazeera. He is also a prized personage in Qatar. In a public ceremony in June, Qatar’s new emir, Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, “planted a kiss on Al Qaradawi’s head and then his shoulder,” Gulf News reported.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/al-jazeera-is-muslim-brotherhood-channel/#Y9GCsUF2BiIGogwi.99
http://secure.food4patriots.com/vid...b4230efcd940722ed4708ded5bc2444a4,dcb69a3a2c,

Qaradawi, meanwhile, isn’t just a big man with the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Jazeera. He is also a prized personage in Qatar.

Wow! This explains a lot. Now if i may ask, where is our own (Christians) equivalent of Qaradawi and Aljazeera??

You do. For by your life you speak of one thing or another to the world .
We are born one at a time and God deals with us one at a time even as we die one at a time.
The world as a whole is hell bent and its mouth is open wide . It does not need a world representative .or one to speak to it on behalf of all christains If the one does not listen what makes you think the whole will?
and God is not nor does not save the world en mass . It converts one by one .
The world is judged en mass . Not saved enmass.

In Christ
gerald

You should not be waiting so much if at all for Gods vengeance but for the coming of the Lord. For what purpose will he come ? Even the one stated ".........................That where I am you may be also "

in Christ
gerald

What the news and the world media cannot and will not tell you .the Spirit can and are we not called to suffer with them?
as the body does when the arm olr foot is injured?
Have we not a means to help them via prayer?
Perhaps in deliverance but if not that they may stand in the midst of the fire with one like unto the Son fo God standing with them.
If you look at the life of Paul one does wonder if we in the west are deluding ourselves . and our feeble christianity we atke as the norm is on par with what Paul showed was christianity .
The persecutions that now effect most parts of the world are soon to arrive at theses shores and it should not be or come as a surprise .
and the fires that long ago burned in England will burn again ere too long .
In comparison to christians at the reformation I do wonder what b sort of christianity we hold to .In truth as it is almost only the milk of the Word is preached how can it be other wise?
In the UK the Parliament has now made equal in law what is not equal in fact and has therefore to all intents and purposes made a lie equal to the truth in law .
I hear also the USA supreme court has done much the same .
Well for the truths sake some form of judgment must come that men may know that God still can tell the difference .
For if men do not will not or cannot make righteous judgment then God will. For the truth ,righteousness and for His own name sake .
Persecution then must come to all who will stand for the truth and not only stand but preach it .
For when a lie is made equal to the truth in law then to preach the truth and live by it persecution then must come .
We should be praying and interceding then for those who are the first to feel the flames as it were that they might not only endure what needs must be endured .But for the joy set before them do so "more than conquerors"

in Christ
gerald

Why should we be conformed to the world and the likes of them? Be careful what you wish for ,

in Christ
gerald
How is wishing for a christian who stands up for other christians a bad thing? I don't just wish but i also pray, and if no one takes up the challenge i pray God empowers me with the tools to take up the challenge.

Back