Who will go to heaven?

if they truly repented of their sins, and have faith, they will go to heaven. Now, with faith, comes the fruits, if somebody is exhibiting no fruits and is truly living a worldly life, then they were not saved to begin with. Salvation makes you a new creation, you can't "devolve" back into your old creation and stay that way. It's like if a pig were to be changed into a man, the man could not go back to eating slop, and, although we do go back to the slop, the Spirit convicts us. Now some people may make more meals of the slop than others, but overall, they (being saved) are still repulsed by their actions.

On the other hand, you have the lukewarm church of laodecia, where they were thought to be on fire, yet they are blind and dead. Jesus said he vomits them out of his mouth in revelations 3:14-22. None of this sounds like salvation, hence my belief that there is no "lukewarm" Christian. Granted, we all have lukewarm characteristics, and thorns in the flesh, and we are covered by grace. But to be like the laodecian church is to be lost.

Sometimes you can have a man that everybody thinks is going to heaven, but in their heart of hearts, they know they are a fraud. And sometimes you can have a man that, from the outside, is questionable in his faith, but inside he repents, turns away and then rejoices because of grace. And this man will be in the kingdom.
I think we need to address what seems to be a misconception about the church of Laodicea. Keep in mind that this church was part of the greater body, so He was a dressing saved people. This is further evidenced by what Jesus says to them in verse 19, "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent."
The scriptures further talk about the Lord chastening His children in Hebrews 12:5-11. Here it says that if He doesn't chasten them then they are not actually His children.

Reactions: Juk
I think we need to address what seems to be a misconception about the church of Laodicea. Keep in mind that this church was part of the greater body, so He was a dressing saved people. This is further evidenced by what Jesus says to them in verse 19, "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent."
The scriptures further talk about the Lord chastening His children in . Here it says that if He doesn't chasten them then they are not actually His children.

I do agree with the chastening, and the church of laodecia was a part of the greater church body, meaning there were saved people. But to say that because you are lukewarm, I vomit you out of my mouth. To call people poor, blind and naked, sounds nothing like salvation.

Reactions: Juk
I do agree with the chastening, and the church of laodecia was a part of the greater church body, meaning there were saved people. But to say that because you are lukewarm, I vomit you out of my mouth. To call people poor, blind and naked, sounds nothing like salvation.
It may not sound like it but they were saved. He specifically says He is rebuking them and calling them to repent and realize their pitiful condition because He loves them. The Lord did this same type of thing to Israel more than once, even described them in a very similar fashion in the Old Testament. Much of what happened to Israel was chastening from the Lord.

It may not sound like it but they were saved. He specifically says He is rebuking them and calling them to repent and realize their pitiful condition because He loves them. The Lord did this same type of thing to Israel more than once, even described them in a very similar fashion in the Old Testament. Much of what happened to Israel was chastening from the Lord.
But even Israelites could go to hell. I do not mean that all of the Laodecian church wasn't saved, but there's enough evidence (in my opinion) to assume that many in that church were not saved. The love of the Lord is still there, however that doesn't necessarily mean they accepted salvation. But this is all just observation, the overall idea should be to be on fire for the lord. I'd rather not risk eternity on being lukewarm :ROFLMAO:

Back