Who would be a better President Washington or Lincoln?

Who would be a better President Washington or Lincoln?

This may sound really weird to you guys. But I'm just wondering who you guys think would be a better President if they were alive today? George Washington or Abraham Lincoln?

Let me know what you think...:)

I like George Washington- he was offered a chance to be King and turned it down. Lincoln certainly had his good points to a man of great conviction and courage. Personally I wish we could have the great patriot back- Ronald Reagan.

My vote would be...

Hey guys,

If it was up to me, I think I would have to go with Washington!

I actually found a website that is doing this big discussion on this topic called Now Debate This. You'll have to do a google search for it. But it's a really cool site.

You should check it out! It's cool to see people's responses.

Neither has a chance of getting elected today, even if they were alive.

Just wanted to let you guys know that the final debate for this question is happening live at nowdebatethis.com.

You can see it live on August 19th at 7 P.M. EST.

And it's pretty cool, because apparently we get to vote on who we think should be the winner.

"Washington to Lincoln...

"Hey, Abe - why not take the night off and see a play over at the theatre? I hear that the popcorn is great." ;)

Neither has a chance of getting elected today, even if they were alive.

Lincoln probably couldn't, but Washington definitely could. He was a war hero, and America has always looked upon war heroes with pride. Even now, we may not support the war, but we certainly support the soldiers in it.

I would choose Washington. The men of his day were ready to make him King for a reason...and he turned it down. That shows character to me.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion I suppose.:)

Back