'Why Believe in a God?'

'Why Believe in a God?'

3_62_111108_busad2_320.jpg

Ads proclaiming, "Why believe in a god? Just be good for goodness' sake," will appear on Washington, D.C., buses starting next week and running through December. The American Humanist Association unveiled the provocative $40,000 holiday ad campaign Tuesday.
"We are trying to reach our audience, and sometimes in order to reach an audience, everybody has to hear you," said Fred Edwords, spokesman for the humanist group. "Our reason for doing it during the holidays is there are an awful lot of agnostics, atheists and other types of non-theists who feel a little alone during the holidays because of its association with traditional religion."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,450445,00.html

I would like to go on record as saying; Thank You "American Humanist Association" for spending $40,000.00 to place this most important question directly in the faces of so many people."

"Why believe in a God?" Well, for one thing it is for our own salvation. Because we as humans have been graced by our creator with compassion for one another. It is through faith in Jesus Christ alone that we shall share eternally in the Glorious Kingdom of Almighty God and because of our love for one another that we share this "Good News" [Gospel] with our earthly, human brotherin. (Thank's again for asking.")

"Our reason for doing it during the holidays is there are an awful lot of agnostics, atheists and other types of non-theists who feel a little alone during the holidays because of its association with traditional religion."
Well said! This is so true, especially during the time of year when people of faith gather in public assembly to share the gift of Gods Word with one another it is of the utmost importance that we remember those who have not yet heard or have so far refused to hear the Gospel of Gods substitutionary atonement through His only begotten Son Jesus Christ.

There is no doubt, that these souls are afflicted with loneliness during these celebrations and activities. As Christians gather in celebration of Holy Days, those who have turned away from God and toward the things of this earth for fulfillment will feel with great emphasis a taste of the unending emptiness that awaits them eternally in their present condition.

This is Gods way of reminding those He has chosen, those whose hearts have been blessed with His Holy Spirit, to reach out and to help those who have gone astray.

You see, without God, then truth is relative, goodness is relative, happiness is relative. No longer focused on God our creator man will define truth, goodness, and happiness on an ever changing social basis of societal norms. What is true to one person, may not be true to another, hapiness is based on a comparative analysis between ones self and ones neighbor, and goodness is simply anything that makes the person feel good.
What a horrrible, empty and chaotic world that would be. Marriage would cease to have any meaning, honesty would only have meaning when it was in ones best interest, even human life itself, would no longer hold meaning or value.

Thank you once more American Humanist Association for helping us to remember.

Go in peace.
And Go with God. :groupray:

I used to work retail and during the holidays we were told not to say anything around the customers that could be offernsive to those that were of varying beliefs - specifically not to mention Christmas. Supposedly because we have to be "considerate" of all people, like the reasoning for the above ad.

In reality - I went right on wishing people a wonderful Christmas, etc... and never had anybody complain - most replied with "thank you - too you also". Now, I never went overboard pushing anything overly religious but just the act of mentioning Christmas was prohibited where I worked at a major department store. I came to realize it had nothing to do with what the people wanted. It seemed this was more of a "corporate" thing. For some reason those higher up in power did not want Christmas mentioned and were only using the interest of the common people as the excuse.

This seems to be what is happenning everywhere - mention of God or anything related is becoming prohibited in our schools, courts, workplace, etc under the guise that it is offensive to others.... but I have not seen this attitude reflected in the general population. Obviously that is not the real reason behind these kind of campaigns.

I hear you all and people of God it is not going to get better so what do we Christians do ? Get down on our knees and pray that our Heavenly Father forgives them for they know not what they do .

Honestly , we as the church need to stand united in prayer and support all the prayer walks and prayer meeting around our gov't offices . The only way to combat is to go into the battle field UNITED with our full armour of God on and defeat satan with our spiritual warfare. Pray in the Spirit and with understanding .... Magnify the Lord .

Action , action , action :groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray:

In this country (at least to date) we have freedom of speech for all. If the atheist cannot speak they we are in danger of loosing that freedom as well. That does not mean they are not (as the bible calls them) fools it just means that they have the right to be as foolish as they like if they do not break the law.

Oh Lord, I can't believe what this world is really coming to. You know, if they have the right to post that add there than the American Family Association should be allowed to put an add about Jesus on the opposite side. I don't know why Christians aren't more aggressive about the Constitutional right of Freedom of Religion.

Laura:)

Well, Humanists, what is good? And what is goodness?

Does not Moral Relativism run as the major tenant in that Atheist Religion?

I believe murdering people is being good. And I'm gonna do it for goodness' sakes.

(LOL, jk)

From Campaign ads on London Buses, to ads in DC, it looks Skeptics have their heart set on preaching the Gospel of the Nothing of Nothingness that is Nothing.

Ah, but if we dare to preach our Gospel, we are ignorant, bigotted, narrow-minded lying idiots.

~Pray that all those who view this ad have their hearts opened by Christ, and are actually convicted by the Holy Spirit to come to Him~

"Bless them which persecute you: bless and curse not."

Romans 12:14

Well said CShultz!

The time is coming and has alrealdy come when Christians are going to have to stand up and contend for the faith. We have bought the lie of seperation of church and state (even though that violates what this country was founded on), yes we have bought it and stood by, just as Germany did as 5 milion people were being led to the slaughter. Here that number has reached 40 million in the past 26 years and meanwhile the new form of atheists are openly trying to discredit Christianity, trying to reduce it to a psychological treatment-and why the Christians? because the devil is behind it. Like the article Bo put up awhile back, The Plan to Criminalize Christianity, we are seeing Christianity become endangered by such legislation that includes the Bible in a broad forbidden field of 'anti-gender hate propaganda.' We are seeing an emerging church today, that has blended new age thought with biblical doctrine. We watch as sound doctrine is being drug through the mud, twisted, and fed to the masses. Many have fallen away from the faith, they were never of the faith, but they remain in our buildings, and call themselves by the same name, confusing/misleading others, and blaspheming God. We see preached, in mass amounts and waves, doctrine of demons. Sometimes, there only appears to be slight changes, additions, subtractions, or substitions. People who prize their pleasure and itching ears above truth will be lead away. They will try to deceive even the elect. How do we know a counterfit doctrine (body of teaching, instructions)? We study the original, the Holy Bible. Christ said His sheep will not know the voice of strangers so as to follow them, but hear His voice and will follow Him instead. And we are to contend for the most holy faith, and watch out for the wiles of the devil, and resist him, not with our backs turned, as Erwin Lutzer stressed, but facing him with our breastplates of righteousness on, armed with the Word of God, our sword. Fight the good fight brothers and sisters in Christ, seek the lost, reach the perishing, let's seek to wake up those sleeping next to us in our pews, and save fellow sheep from ravenous wolves. We have to change our pace and act. New doctrine seeks to divide the true body, which must remain united in the Spirit and in the Truth of our Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus siad He will return, but will He find the faith? Will not the organized church be in utter apostasy?

2 Thessalonians - Thru the Bible Radio

A Song of Ascents, of David. I was glad when they said to me, "Let us go to the house of the LORD." Our feet are standing Within your gates, O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, that is built As a city that is compact together; To which the tribes go up, even the tribes of the LORD-- An ordinance for Israel-- To give thanks to the name of the LORD. For there thrones were set for judgment, The thrones of the house of David. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: "May they prosper who love you. May peace be within your walls, And prosperity within your palaces." For the sake of my brothers and my friends, I will now say, "May peace be within you." For the sake of the house of the LORD our God, I will seek your good. Psalm 122

Prayer for the LORD'S Help.

A Song of Ascents.

To You I lift up my eyes,
O You who are enthroned in the heavens!
Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master,
As the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress,
So our eyes look to the LORD our God,
Until He is gracious to us.
Be gracious to us, O LORD, be gracious to us,
For we are greatly filled with contempt.
Our soul is greatly filled
With the scoffing of those who are at ease,
And with the contempt of the proud.
Psalm 123:1 Bible Commentary

God bless all in Christ

Bible Tracts - freely print them yourself or you can order through them,
we can reach out to a soul for the cost of ink and paper, and go on a door-to-door gospel walk. I used to rubber-band 400 fliers in a day for my business when I had a day off. If one spent a day doing this they could reach out to potentially 400 or more souls for Christ. This is a great ministry that has been under-rated.
God bless
Fellowship Tract League - Free Gospel tracts, as the Lord provides

Back