Why Did God Tell Joshua To Kill The Canaanites?

I intentionally chose to bypass the reference. It would be out of place in this topic, and I've never quite understood why it is always such a controversial topic. It always seems to turn into a conspiracy/Illuminati/bigfoot discussion for some reason.

Agreed which is why I asked him to forgo it.

Read, yes. I check in periodically, but I rarely have had the free time to dedicate to responding. Since I'm finished with school and nothing else has claimed my time (for now), I may be a bit more active here and there.

How is Apopka?

Its a shame the more deeper side ends up drowning people and arguments break out and others get freaked out and run away. I was not looking for a debate or anything on it, it just makes sense to me and seems a logical reason, but the N word (no not that N word, but the other N word,)is now forbidden to mention, so I guess that's that then.

Its a shame the more deeper side ends up drowning people and arguments break out and others get freaked out and run away. I was not looking for a debate or anything on it, it just makes sense to me and seems a logical reason, but the N word (no not that N word, but the other N word,)is now forbidden to mention, so I guess that's that then.

Hey my friend......I personally have no problem with discussiong the N word, all I am saying is that you just need top be prepared for the arguments that will come.

Nephilim is as good of an explanation as any. XD

P.S. why does it underline the N word? I'm pretty sure I spelled it right, even this site doesn't like people bringing it up o.o

Well before it goes too far out there....we have to remember 'pre' and 'post' flood era's. If we take the Bible at it's Word, then any "corrupt" DNA would have to have come from either:

A: Noah's Wife
B: Noah's Daughters in law
C: Noah's wife, sons & daughters

When we talk about DNA unless of course you include Noah; which then you have to debate what 'perfect in his generations' means AND whether or not 'Noah' in the Old Testament refers to husband AND wife in context with 'perfect in his generations' which means the DNA of only Noah's daughter's in law are corrupt only.

BUT since we all come from the same root-AND we know that God created Adam (Adam & Eve) with ALL the DNA, the codes must have been there since the beginning if you look at it 'scientifically' through speculation.

So now you have to explain 'sons of God' and if they are 'angels', giants (Nephilim) or whatever. We know from scripture their are obviously "big people" since we have Goliath of Gath- so where did the DNA come from?

Anyway-what does all that have to do with the state of the Canaanites? Nothing really: we can only infer since they were disobedient wicked sinners they refused to repent so God weeded the garden. It's His garden-YOU tell Him he can't do what He wills with His creation.....I am not going to.....

Gardening reveals so much about the LORD; like having to weed out rouge plants, volunteers (which are perfectly good plants); unwanted good plants from last season, killing of slugs, beetles and grubs, fertilizing, watering, harvesting (caring and loving), etc.....

Panda

Sr Mod/Webmaster
Staff member
Senior Moderator
While I personally don't have a problem with discussions regarding Nephilim, due to the historical controversy such discussions seem to cause, I feel compelled as a moderator to insert an additional warning that the discussion cannot continue along those lines. We all have to follow the rules, even me.

Well before it goes too far out there....we have to remember 'pre' and 'post' flood era's. If we take the Bible at it's Word, then any "corrupt" DNA would have to have come from either:

A: Noah's Wife
B: Noah's Daughters in law
C: Noah's wife, sons & daughters

When we talk about DNA unless of course you include Noah; which then you have to debate what 'perfect in his generations' means AND whether or not 'Noah' in the Old Testament refers to husband AND wife in context with 'perfect in his generations' which means the DNA of only Noah's daughter's in law are corrupt only.

BUT since we all come from the same root-AND we know that God created Adam (Adam & Eve) with ALL the DNA, the codes must have been there since the beginning if you look at it 'scientifically' through speculation.

So now you have to explain 'sons of God' and if they are 'angels', giants (Nephilim) or whatever. We know from scripture their are obviously "big people" since we have Goliath of Gath- so where did the DNA come from?

Anyway-what does all that have to do with the state of the Canaanites? Nothing really: we can only infer since they were disobedient wicked sinners they refused to repent so God weeded the garden. It's His garden-YOU tell Him he can't do what He wills with His creation.....I am not going to.....

Gardening reveals so much about the LORD; like having to weed out rouge plants, volunteers (which are perfectly good plants); unwanted good plants from last season, killing of slugs, beetles and grubs, fertilizing, wat.

While I personally don't have a problem with discussions regarding Nephilim, due to the historical controversy such discussions seem to cause, I feel compelled as a moderator to insert an additional warning that the discussion cannot continue along those lines. We all have to follow the rules, even me.
"Follow the rules"...Thank the Lord you are back...we've had some real problems about that!

No responses to God's Plan A below?

Odd:

[QUOTE]Exo 23:27 I will send my fear before thee, and will destroy* all the people to whom thou shalt come, and I will make all thine enemies turn their backs unto thee.
Exo 23:28 And I will send hornets before thee, which shall drive out the Hivite, the Canaanite, and the Hittite, from before thee.
Exo 23:29 I will not drive them out from before thee in one year; lest the land become desolate, and the beast of the field multiply against thee.[/QUOTE]

I see it quite differently: While the Hebrews were still getting God's fuller instructions about the Ten Commandments and the laws for a Hebrew nation (probably while still camped around Sinai), God through Jesus (the 'Angel' in the earlier chapters 20~23) had this proposition to the Hebrews concerning Canaan:

Clearly, they did not listen well.

* destroy=hâmam
haw-mam'
A primitive root (compare H1949, H1993); properly to put in commotion; by implication to disturb, drive, destroy: - break, consume, crush, destroy, discomfit, trouble, vex.

In verse 29, God says "drive them out" again to repeat His meaning.

Agricola, Please, please....please do not go into an explination of the "Nephilim". We have been there many times and it always closes a thread.
Thank you sir. I was just arguing with myself about explaining that problem once more and my lingering was for that very reason... closing threads is oft required to keep the peace but it was never a thing I enjoyed when I took care of a forum.

I have no problem in discussing the Nephilim as well, but I know from the past, both here and on other sites, it almost always ends in conflict and arguments. I feel as though there is enough conflict here without looking for more.
But that is just me!

I'm sure you will all work it out, its not beyond any of you to apply logic and see where it ends.

Chris..........Logic works really good for Mr. Spock, but here it is very differant when conversations turn to conflict and the only winner in that case is Satan.

How I see it, if you sin you die. If you accept Jesus's way you live.

We are all called to 'die' physically once. It is the second death and eternal separation we follow God (hopefully in love and not fear). To enter 'rest' after our bodies are gone and live eternally in the Spirit.

Exo 23:27 I will send my fear before thee, and will destroy* all the people to whom thou shalt come, and I will make all thine enemies turn their backs unto thee.
Exo 23:28 And I will send hornets before thee, which shall drive out the Hivite, the Canaanite, and the Hittite, from before thee.
Exo 23:29 I will not drive them out from before thee in one year; lest the land become desolate, and the beast of the field multiply against thee.
Wow, that shuts up all discussion on the OP. War was then clearly a last resort.