Why Do I feel so alone?

Why Do I feel so alone?

I'm in my third year of college. Last year was quite possibly the worst year academically I've had in my life. I grew up in a small town and went to the same school for 13 years and literally had friends from the age of 6 up to now (i'm nearly 21)When I got into college at first I focused so much on my schoolwork that I just didnt' make any friends. I was fine with this at first, (i made deans list) but now I am quite lonely and bored. Last semester I did horribly and just came shy of being on academic probation. (how could someone possibly go from being on deans list to nearly being on academic probation?) I have prayed and prayed for God to help me, give me strength, help me to cope with this loneliness/depression. Why do I feel this way?? I have no reason to feel this way, yet I feel a war waging in me and I'm desperate. I know i'm about to do something foolish. I gave my life to Christ and I love him, but then why do I feel so alone?? I just need God to speak to my heart and I need to hear him, I need his guidance and I feel so confused. I recently met someone who says they go to Church, I don't know if this person isa Christian though. I've noticed that since I've begun speaking to this person my behavior is changing, the way I talk and the things I think about. I'm ashamed. I don't blame this person, but I know i'm changing and not going in a good direction. Yet at the same time, I find myself enjoying the attention that I am receiving from this person. I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy having someone to talk to atleast. I am worried, I need help and I really need God to speak to me and help me because I know it should be so easy to just walk away from this situation, but its not. I know that there is not a human being in this world that can truly fufill me, I know this in my heart. So why do I feel so confused, what should I do? I need help. Please pray for me.

It doesn't help that I sort of feel sorry for this person too. At first, when we first began talking I tried to share my faith with this person, but they sort of seemed interested, but the subject would often change to other things. Soon, gradually, this person would talk about things that I know are sinful and now I've started participating in that sinfulness too. I'm no longer making the situation better for either of us. now i feel horrible and i am afraid i'm going to do something that I truly will regret..i don't blame this person, but I know I've sinned and I need God to please show me a way out of this. Please pray for me...

I hate to point out the obvious, but you already know what the problem is...

You are going to have to make the changes in your life to bring you back to God. This may cost you having to make sacrifices in your life. Easy to identify what they are - they are the things that keep you from God.

Deu 4:29 'And from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find Him, if thou seek Him with all thy heart and all soul'. Note that the scripture says ALL - you can't decide to seek God with part of your being whilst keeping part of yourself for the world.

Good news though - God wants to repair your relationship with Him. You have to take the first step though. James 4:8 'Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you'

So do not lose heart - God is eagerly waiting to resolve this issue. You just need to be obedient and seek Him. You WILL then be victorious! :)

You are at a crossroads. Reading what you have written, you already know what you have to do, but being human sometimes doing what we know we have to do isn't always so easy. However, in order to stay on the path with the Lord, you must.

You aren't doing you or your friend any favors by participating in what you know is sinful conversation or acts.

Developing right relationships is a crucial part of becoming a wise follower of Christ. Proverbs 13:4 says, "He who walks with the wise grows wise." And Paul writes in I Corinthians 15:33, "Bad company corrupts good character." You eventually become like the people you spend the majority of your time with, so it is important to surround yourself with godly people who will lead you closer to the Lord. Someone once said, "Show me your friends, and I will show you your future."

Please stay in prayer about this. The Lord loves you and does not want you to be lonely. Pray that he will lead you to godly friends, then believe it, and it shall be so.

Join a youth group at church if you haven't done so. Seek out people your age who are Christians.

Please stay with the Lord...please. He is the truth, the life and the way.

I will be praying for you.

Also, you are never alone, for He never leaves you nor forsakes you. You are also never alone, because we are here for you. Please come here when you need to talk.

May God bless you and keep your faith strong in Him.

Blessings, Cheri:jesus-cross:​

Its a long post i know, but please read it through..

Hi there,

First of all i would like to welcome you to our forums. Its really great to have you here. You didn't come here by accident, God had led you here to look for valuable answers and guidance. And ive already seen some great responses up there..

What you are going through seems exactly what i went through when i did my uni about 2-3 years ago and even what i am currently going through right now. Let me explain.... When i was back at uni in 2006 (which was the year i started by the way), to begin with there were only 15-20 people in my class. Electronics engineering is not everyone's piece of cake. I was hard no doubt and each week we had 3-4 people dropping out. After a few months passed it was just me and this guy in the classroom doing our thing. Im not kidding you i was alone, all by myself everyday during the lunch times, break times you name it. I really felt alone and desperate and didn't know what God had planned for me. Only to discover next year that i was one of the few people who passed successfully and got into to the next stage to become certified computer techies...:)

This was back when i was in Nz..The story doesn't end here, i continued to believe that God had something great for me. I worked 6 months in the IT industry before i was moved again and this time I moved over to Australia where i am now. All these changes have been so fast, i still don't know what God has planned for me.

Ive been friendless and jobless for over a year now. I lost all my friends and family moving over...Im still believing God to do something great in my life and i know im at the brink of a great breakthrough...Amen..

To conclude, what you going through to me seems like a period of transition, in other words (a period of great change).. God is preparing you for something great ahead. I don't know, might be a good relationship, career, something you would love doing the rest of you life.....But in order for that to happen these hard times will come and Satan will try his best to roll you off your course because he knows that good is going to come to you. And if he doesn't get to you now, he know he can never get to you later on.

I would recommend you to buy and read this amazing book called, "How To Receive Your Miracle" by Dr. Christian Harfouche. Im currently reading this book and its helping me in my faith and consistency in order to get what God has planned for me. Please please please go and buy the book, i think you should find it online, or if you can't send me a Private Message and ill see what i can do.

You have definitely been brought here for a reason, i really feel this..Will also keep you in prayer.:)

God Bless
Jake

Hello
First I want to say that I am sorry that you are feeling lonely. I know you said you did very well the first semester, but was lonely. I think it bagan to slip because your priorities and balance were out of wack. You did great to make it on the deans list, but you have to be happy and doing well in all area's to stay a success. You are definatly intelligent, so spend time with GOD, build that relationship back up and ask HIM to send you the right people in your life that can bring back that balance. Always take time out for God, Family, Friends and yourself! never forget those things.
May God bless you and keep you friend.

ohh and by the way, we are always happy to be here for ya:)
48304.jpg

I'm in my third year of college. Last year was quite possibly the worst year academically I've had in my life. I grew up in a small town and went to the same school for 13 years and literally had friends from the age of 6 up to now (i'm nearly 21)When I got into college at first I focused so much on my schoolwork that I just didnt' make any friends. I was fine with this at first, (i made deans list) but now I am quite lonely and bored. Last semester I did horribly and just came shy of being on academic probation. (how could someone possibly go from being on deans list to nearly being on academic probation?) I have prayed and prayed for God to help me, give me strength, help me to cope with this loneliness/depression. Why do I feel this way?? I have no reason to feel this way, yet I feel a war waging in me and I'm desperate. I know i'm about to do something foolish. I gave my life to Christ and I love him, but then why do I feel so alone?? I just need God to speak to my heart and I need to hear him, I need his guidance and I feel so confused. I recently met someone who says they go to Church, I don't know if this person isa Christian though. I've noticed that since I've begun speaking to this person my behavior is changing, the way I talk and the things I think about. I'm ashamed. I don't blame this person, but I know i'm changing and not going in a good direction. Yet at the same time, I find myself enjoying the attention that I am receiving from this person. I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy having someone to talk to atleast. I am worried, I need help and I really need God to speak to me and help me because I know it should be so easy to just walk away from this situation, but its not. I know that there is not a human being in this world that can truly fufill me, I know this in my heart. So why do I feel so confused, what should I do? I need help. Please pray for me.
Dear Little One,

reading your post has really touched me. I don't have all the answers to your problems but I'd love to help. I'm a pastor to teens and young adults. There's nothing that shocks me or surprises me. I will definately be praying for you. Please contact me and I'll be here for you. Mt office email is:
[email protected]

Be strong little one and don't give up. I'll be looking forward to hearing from you

Love in Christ,

Pastor Glenn

Welcome to the forum Pastor Glenn. God bless you for reaching out to our youth.

We look forward to fellowship with you.

Blessings, Cheri

thank 4 all ur comments, i am working thru this issue currently, little steps i am trying to take to repair my relationship and walking stronger with Christ

Ok, so I'm not throw a bible verse at you type and i dont know any moving quotes, however, i can honestly say ive been there...forrrr the better part of my college years..im 22 now and a senior and i would be lying if i dont have those thoughts like every other week lol.
Everyone on this forum loves you, i dont know you from bob dwight anderson IV, however, i can relate to you and it takes alot of courage and humility to speak out and wear your heart on your sleeve on a public internet forum, but we do this because the world isnt filled with people who will listen to us and arent focusing soley on what they are going to say.
Trust me, (i dont do this anymore) but, in my past, ive had nights where i would just sit in my room and drink until i would forget about how lost i was...howeever, this is not the answer because you wake up even more lost...not too mention a hangover, but back on tangent, college life is a battle...and you cant win it alone, trust me, i have had spiritual scars to prove it. Don't feel weak, by reaching out and asking for help,...i think that actually takes more strength than anything.
just remember your not alone and you dont have to take this walk through life by yourself.

You are going to have to make the changes in your life to bring you back to God. This may cost you having to make sacrifices in your life. Easy to identify what they are - they are the things that keep you from God.
^I totally agree with this. God never walks away from us. Ever. He never will leave or forsake us. I'm going to say this out of love, so please don't think that we're all ganging up on you! I've been in your situations and I'm sure that most people on here have been in your situation.

It is time to go back to Jesus. Go back to you Daddy. Grab a Bible, spend time with Him. It'll be hard at first. But if we cannot hear God's voice, then we are the ones that have drifted away. Not Him. Sin is a blockage to God's voice.

You are loved by God. Even through the circumstance that you are in, God still loves you. Just because you may have drifted awya, he hasn't. He's still knocking at the door.

Message me any time. I would love to talk to you!

Back