Why Do I Keep Seeing Weird Small Shadows?

I do agree very much that if we give the enemy any type of attention we are giving him a "place" to attack us. I do think that your example is one way of how the devil works. I am not convinced that it is the only way he works though.

I may be using "predict" out of context but you seem knowledgeable enough to understand what I am about to try explaining. From my understanding the devil can not read our minds or thoughts. I'm not so much sure how accurate lie detector tests are or even how exactly they work. My point is, that is there not a possibility that the devil can "predict" what is going through our minds based off of our "pulse points" for a lack of better words or our body language, deepness of breaths we take, things of that nature?. Am I incorrect for thinking that the devil has studied humans since the fall of man and learned things about them to try to use against them even when they are very strong in their faith?

I'm not trying to get off topic but have one more thing I want to bring to your attention. My thread:
http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/audible-voices.37015/
If you have the time to look at it and are willing to give your input I would appreciate it so much, if not it's okay. The only reason why I am asking you is because when you gave your example you said that "the lord stopped me and told me". I apologize if I'm a bother to you and asking you too many questions!.

I do agree very much that if we give the enemy any type of attention we are giving him a "place" to attack us. I do think that your example is one way of how the devil works. I am not convinced that it is the only way he works though.

I may be using "predict" out of context but you seem knowledgeable enough to understand what I am about to try explaining. From my understanding the devil can not read our minds or thoughts. I'm not so much sure how accurate lie detector tests are or even how exactly they work. My point is, that is there not a possibility that the devil can "predict" what is going through our minds based off of our "pulse points" for a lack of better words or our body language, deepness of breaths we take, things of that nature?. Am I incorrect for thinking that the devil has studied humans since the fall of man and learned things about them to try to use against them even when they are very strong in their faith?

A few scriptures.

2Co 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1Pe 5:9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

couple key notes about Mr. Devil. He is easy to see coming if we stay Word minded, we know his tricks. So he can't fool anyone that does not want to be fooled.

And, he can do nothing new to anyone or accomplish anything in anyone that He has not done over and over in the past.

As for mind reading? We have a flesh mind, and he minds the things of men Jesus says. He entices by thoughts in the head. God speaks in the middle of us or our spirit.

Can Satan read minds? If he can control someones mind to where they are crazy, like the boy he kept falling into the fire and the man cutting himself where Jesus cast out many that went into pigs, my guess is that he can. He has spoken to me more than once just based on a thought.

What the devils can't do is predict how you will respond to something. We use to joke about this. What package do you want to sign up for?

We don't want to sign up for none of the devils packages. When your in fear over something, you find you have like 5 different scenarios you have worked out and none of them are good. All the devil want to know is which one is believable enough to you so you can choose something he can work with on you.

mental illness is normally started this way. The thought someone is watching you and if you act on that then someone is following you and if you act on that then the thought someone might have put a camera in your house.
Then it's bad people watching you and there are more camera's.
Then they use the TV to read your mind and there are people today that wear tin foil on their heads trying to stop people from reading their mind.

it started way back with the thought someone was following you.

Fear causes chemical imbalances, aging and all kinds of bad things.

Hearing God?

sorry about that, I hear God all the time and just assume every believer hears God. Jesus said my sheep shall know my voice and a strangers they will not follow. I just assumed that was a fact. I'll read that thread over.

My prediction and knowledge abilities are the ones that I think or dream about something and then suddenly they come true. 2 nights ago I had a dream where someone told me something, and then yesterday morning a person told me that same thing what was told in the dream. Creepy. Are these psychic abilities or spiritual gifts of prophecy?

Ricko1, I agree. However, people (like me a couple months ago) do not necessarily know 'how' to pray when dealing with demonic entities. There are two types of prayer when dealing with demons/oppression; offensive and defensive. I was always praying defensively which helped very little. When I repented and started praying offensively to God for the holy spirit to torment and remove whatever was oppressing me is when things really started to turn around. Offensive and defensive prayer are both explained in the book I suggested earlier.

Demons are not under every rock and around every corner. When your car won't start, you don't immediately start tearing apart the engine. Just like a car, peel the layers of your issues back one by one. If things improve when starting and praying simple, awesome! If you have to dig a little deeper, that's okay too. But don't think of the worst right off the bat, most issues can be solved with a simple prayer, putting your full trust in God and listening to the Holy Spirit.

I probably should have incorporated that in my last post. :)

Takeaway - Start Simple!

Oh Brian I wish you could talk to my good friend. She is struggling with depression and has felt she's been tormented by demons since she was 5 after she was abused repeatedly. Do you think a high demon would come on a child who was abused? She believes this-- or maybe a generational curse? She sees actual entities in robes and hands reaching toward her. It breaks my heart :-(

Okay... I don't know what is happening... I suddenly feel like I am not able to repent even though I want and need to repent, and I feel very fearful again, and I suddenly feel like I want to cry. I also forgot to repent when I thought or saw something sexual what I like, because I got too concentrated on the feeling. I've been also feeling that I have these prophetic abilities which make me predict and know things without seeing or hearing, and I've been thinking that these abilities are spiritual gifts, but what if these abilities what I have are something evil like psychic abilities instead of spiritual gifts? Also, how do I find out if the spirits around me are from God or from the Devil? I heard something in the Bible that it said that it's possible to find out if these spirits are from God or from the Devil...

This whole fear came again when I read yesterday or 2 days ago the Revelation Book in the Bible (the last chapters), and it mentioned a lot of things about the Devil, false prophets, and other evil things...

If you ever want to test a spirit (which you should test all spirits, especially those that manifest before you), as per my previous post, read 1 Joh4:1 (KJV) "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

Also, so far as I know, understand and have read, God does not give gifts to tell the future and things like that. What God grants us if we ask/it is His will is the power of discernment; the ability to discern things like how to interpret God's Word and the ability to discern evil/malevolent spirits from benevolent ones or spirits from God. If you are able to see the future, future happenings, things that have happened in the past, especially things before you were born, these are not from God, they are from the pit. Do NOT be afraid, for God is with you. Demons feed on fear, if in fact that is what's going on. My advice would be to seek out someone from your church so they can help discern what's really going on. When these things are happening, do not automatically think 'the devil'. Remember, start small and work your way from there.

If you ever want to test a spirit (which you should test all spirits, especially those that manifest before you), as per my previous post, read 1 Joh4:1 (KJV) "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

Also, so far as I know, understand and have read, God does not give gifts to tell the future and things like that. What God grants us if we ask/it is His will is the power of discernment; the ability to discern things like how to interpret God's Word and the ability to discern evil/malevolent spirits from benevolent ones or spirits from God. If you are able to see the future, future happenings, things that have happened in the past, especially things before you were born, these are not from God, they are from the pit. Do NOT be afraid, for God is with you. Demons feed on fear, if in fact that is what's going on. My advice would be to seek out someone from your church so they can help discern what's really going on. When these things are happening, do not automatically think 'the devil'. Remember, start small and work your way from there.

Okay. But then again, I've read in the Bible about some prophets who were able to predict and know things, and some popes were able to predict and know things nowdays... Explain?

This is the first time I have tried to give someone advice on this, if its not so great, I apologize.

The devil has had the privilege to study humans for a VERY long time. He's stupid but he's not stupid if you get what I'm saying. He has tactics to try and make a person "sin", each strategy is different for each individual.
The great thing though is that GOD is sovereign.

Mark 9:14-29, Even though the disciples had God-given authority to cast out demons, their authority didn't work unless they exercised faith. Put your whole life in Christ hand's focus on him,his word and his power, not the Devil and his so called "power". You can be saying "JESUS JESUS JESUS" but if there's no FAITH and BELIEF behind the words, you are just talking, what exactly do you expect to accomplish? So it sounds to me you should be focusing more on exercising your FAITH in what you BELIEVE in [God] because it is vital.

Ask yourself this question "Who should I fear more my God who has already won the battle and will one day destroy the devil and his minions forever or the devil who is stupid and destroyed himself"? The battle is already won Polly, the devil can not BEAT our God.

I agree with Rick01, I would advise you not to read,study books on demons because you seem like you need to work on your faith a little bit more first, like I stated above. If however you choose to do so, it may not be necessarily educational on the topic of demons but I think in some ways the devil and demons work in some of the ways described in this book. It's called The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. Not the easiest read but a good one, for me at least. Please remember God loves you like a parent loves a child, I will say a little prayer for you Polly.

The Screwtape Letters was an amazing book. I personally thought it was an easy read if you have some background before hand on what it's about. The satire in the book is great, however, does not lose focus from telling a very real story many of us Christians have gone/go through. Another C.S. Lewis I would recommend is 'Mere Christianity'.

Oh Brian I wish you could talk to my good friend. She is struggling with depression and has felt she's been tormented by demons since she was 5 after she was abused repeatedly. Do you think a high demon would come on a child who was abused? She believes this-- or maybe a generational curse? She sees actual entities in robes and hands reaching toward her. It breaks my heart :-(

Hi Allie,

I would love to talk to you about this further but don't want to hi-jack polly's post. Can you PM me or put up a post regarding your friend? Also, I'm in Phoenix, nice to know I have a fellow member close by :)

Okay. But then again, I've read in the Bible about some prophets who were able to predict and know things, and some popes were able to predict and know things nowdays... Explain?

As far as I know and what the Bible teaches, there are no more prophets, not since the prophets of the Bible. Jesus has come and died for our sins and everything else they had prophesied about has come to pass. Maybe someone else with better knowledge of this could chime in because I'm not 100% sure regarding this issue. Do you have any examples of Popes predicting things that came to pass?

As far as I know and what the Bible teaches, there are no more prophets, not since the prophets of the Bible. Jesus has come and died for our sins and everything else they had prophesied about has come to pass. Maybe someone else with better knowledge of this could chime in because I'm not 100% sure regarding this issue. Do you have any examples of Popes predicting things that came to pass?

I just recall that they talked about some popes predicting things in the news. Google. But I don't think the prophets would end like that, there must be prophets still. Aren't priests and popes technically prophets? Some people say they are.

My prediction and knowledge abilities are the ones that I think or dream about something and then suddenly they come true. 2 nights ago I had a dream where someone told me something, and then yesterday morning a person told me that same thing what was told in the dream. Creepy. Are these psychic abilities or spiritual gifts of prophecy?

Polly, I really think that you need to focus on God and not these things. I prayed for you last night and I'm sorry to tell you this but I really think that you are giving satan way too much grounds to mess with you. You need to guard your heart and put on the armor of Christ. If you do not know the word of God or can not identify who you are in Christ you are going to be an easy target to satan.

I just recall that they talked about some popes predicting things in the news. Google. But I don't think the prophets would end like that, there must be prophets still. Aren't priests and popes technically prophets? Some people say they are.

NO. 100% popes and priests are NOT prophets. If there is any question they would need to be held up by the Bibles standards of what qualifies a true prophet of God. This is dangerous territory. Many false prophets will come. It is predicted in Gods word--- it doesn't say anything about real prophets coming, only false ones. Put two and two together then for ANYONE claiming to be a prophet today (ie Joseph Smith)

Liz makes a great point and something I will keep in mind when advising those on the demonic (as this is the first time ever I am sharing my knowledge with others); demons are not to be glorified or given any attention, all glory must be focused and given to God. When I first started my path back to Christianity, I was reading more books about demons than God's Word which was quickly put to rest when I went over to a childhood (and best friend) friend's house whose father was a youth minister. He gave me a couple books to read which lead me to read Bible more in depth and focus on God's word. I felt like this was God telling me that the darker stuff can wait, find glory in Him first, then He will give me the tools necessary to combat the demonic.

Remember, we are telling you these things from a distance. We do not personally know your situation or what you actually need help with; your mental state or something that is truly diabolical. That is why I would recommend you see someone of the church to help discern your situation. I will be praying for you!

Oh no. How do I get rid of my prediction and knowledge without seeing abilities then?

This was actually in one of the books I read, unfortunately I do not remember the book. However, when praying to God, tell him that if your new gifts are from Him and you can bare them that you would be glad to keep them in His name. Tell Him that if they are not His gifts to you, that they be taken away immediately, because if they are not of God, they are of the Devil.

Liz makes a great point and something I will keep in mind when advising those on the demonic (as this is the first time ever I am sharing my knowledge with others); demons are not to be glorified or given any attention, all glory must be focused and given to God.!
I take this as a compliment lol thank you.

When I first started my path back to Christianity, I was reading more books about demons than God's Word which was quickly put to rest when I went over to a childhood (and best friend) friend's house whose father was a youth minister.

This is pretty much what happened to me to and THAT'S why The Screwtape Letters was a difficult read for me. I was not properly equipped to read it at the time. I did not have my "armor" on and I could see how I was opening doors for the devil to play with me, just by focusing on the "dark side". I went to church that Sunday and realized that I needed to focus on God's word before I finished the book. It made a big difference after I had my "armor" on and read the book then before when I did not.

Polly, it seems that you come to this website everyday. Maybe your first step should be changing your picture, so when you come on here it is a reminder to yourself to pursue God and his "light" and not things of "darkness". Just a suggestion, I find silly things like that to be helpful for me.

I just found out that these shadows are just my vision problems that probably come from my medication...

I even had to get new glasses because of my vision problems due to my medication...

So I guess there's nothing to be scared of then...

Peace on Earth.

Back