Why do people say they are going to heaven or their dead loved ones are going to heaven?

I don't think that verse says what most think it does. If we go directly to heaven after we die, why is there a resurrection, and what about judgement day, when all will have to stand before God? Is our eternal destiny really in heaven, or is it in New Jerusalem on the New Earth? If we will spend eternity in heaven, why remake Earth at all? Just some questions that keep me from believing in a direct escape to heaven. As I said before, it's all confusing. 2 Cortinthians 2:8 is too vague.

Cosmic......the resurrection is for the glorification of the BODY. The body does into the ground at death and God reunites the body with the spirit and both are glorified so that they can enter heaven. That action confirms and allows for
And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality” (1 Corinthians 15:49, 53).

There is no judgment day for believers. Our sin was judged on the cross and paid for by the Lord Jesus Christ so NOW we are justified......NOT GUILITY! When we stand before God it will be to receive rewards that we may have obtained in this life.
2 Corinthians 5:10 "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may be recompensed for his deeds done in his body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad."

Our home in heaven will be New Jerusalem. The Bible tells us that we as Christians will be able to come and go as we please as does Jesus because we will be LIKE Christ. The City of New Jerusalem will be the abiding place for the Bride which is the church.

Cosmic......the resurrection is for the glorification of the BODY. The body does into the ground at death and God reunites the body with the spirit and both are glorified so that they can enter heaven. That action confirms and allows for
And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality” (1 Corinthians 15:49, 53).

There is no judgment day for believers. Our sin was judged on the cross and paid for by the Lord Jesus Christ so NOW we are justified......NOT GUILITY! When we stand before God it will be to receive rewards that we may have obtained in this life.
2 Corinthians 5:10 "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may be recompensed for his deeds done in his body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad."

Our home in heaven will be New Jerusalem. The Bible tells us that we as Christians will be able to come and go as we please as does Jesus because we will be LIKE Christ. The City of New Jerusalem will be the abiding place for the Bride which is the church.
Yeah, I see your understanding. I just don't want to cash in my chips and say one view is right or wrong, because personally it doesn't make any sense to me. What difference does it make if I understand it or not anyways? It will happen how it happens, and I will be there to see it.

Yeah, I see your understanding. I just don't want to cash in my chips and say one view is right or wrong, because personally it doesn't make any sense to me. What difference does it make if I understand it or not anyways? It will happen how it happens, and I will be there to see it.

Well, the hope is that by rightly dividing the Word of God we will then have peace and joy because we have an understanding of what the plan of God is.

You see, His resurrection assures US of our resurrection and that is what gives us comfort and peace. The resurrection of Jesus gives us HOPE and without HOPE we are in real danger emotionally and spiritually.

Well, the hope is that by rightly dividing the Word of God we will then have peace and joy because we have an understanding of what the plan of God is.

You see, His resurrection assures US of our resurrection and that is what gives us comfort and peace. The resurrection of Jesus gives us HOPE and without HOPE we are in real danger emotionally and spiritually.
Well I do have my hope in Christ, no matter where he takes me.

Back