Why Do So Many People On Here

For privacy. I do not give out personal information online... you never know who you are talking to. Plus, I like to talk about private things anonymously at times.
I can respect that -
I guess My fear is not about who they are, I used to be like that - and at times I do feel like I need to put up boundaries/walls with some people because of how they choose to act.
But I guess now - for me - since I really do love my God - I do not care, who knows about it - and I feel whoever touches me, touches the Apple of God's Eye ... (but it was a Long Time before I felt that way.)

So I understand and respect where you are coming from. =)

This is my real picture and my real name.. Ravindran is my name.. The rest I added to make the username unique :) I can understand others not using their real name or real picture.. It is simply for privacy reasons.. Being careful to not become a victim of any online scam! Better to be safe.. But I am okay.. I can take the risk.. Being in IT field, I know things I need to be aware of while being online.. Things I should share and things I can post without worries..

Based on your question, I am assuming that is your real picture and name..
Yes you are correct.
I try to use wisdom - I know I am not perfect.
But more than once I have prayed and I have sensed a 'no' within my Spirit.
I know my God never makes mistakes, even if I do.

What are some of the things that help people stay safe?
I remember once when I was a real estate agent - I googled myself, and found me all over the place ... lol
Which was a good thing - well as a real estate agent - if you want people to find/pick you over someone they cannot find when they google 'Real-Estate Agents' ... lol

Because we just want to have fun names and pics(avatars). And why we have nicknames is because some people don't want to have their real name reaveled. If you can read, please read under my new name what it says Dana Covert is my real name , but I just wanted a new name to reflect my walk with Jesus. Do you understand now?
In some ways I do understand
=)

I just wanted to THANK everyone who posted on this thread so far.

It is nice to see people are working on their own growth, and how they are still searching ways to be wise like a fox and harmless as a dove.

I had read some posts by a few people behind nick names, and made up pics - and well those people did not speak to others in a way I perceived as bringing Glory to God.

Honestly!
I am newer on this site, and this kind of input by people who are on here is much better than some of what I had read.
THANK YOU all for the positive and encouraging posts =)
And the FUNNY ones too ... lol

(Gotta love joy and laughter!!)

Well, My real name is banned from most Christian forums, like this one. Have to come back with a different attitude and name. My name is Mike. So you have to take in account that some of us get banned constantly and it's hard to keep our real name. As a believer, i have nothing to hide and I am not afraid of anyone looking me up. I'll even give my phone number if asked because I love my Brothers and Sisters.

I had one girl even drive 2 states away to visit and have dinner with us from another forum I was banned from. I don't think we should treat each other like the World, just some don't like my strong stance in faith doctrine, but I back everything with scriptures.

blessings.

I don't understand how someone gets 'banned' from a Christian site. This is not a shot at you Mike, I just truly don't understand. I could see if someone were unruly, blatantly racist, using profanity, etc. Other than that, I would hope that the forum administrators and other members would help to bring those who are lost back to Jesus and love.

I don't understand how someone gets 'banned' from a Christian site. This is not a shot at you Mike, I just truly don't understand. I could see if someone were unruly, blatantly racist, using profanity, etc. Other than that, I would hope that the forum administrators and other members would help to bring those who are lost back to Jesus and love.
Although after thinking about the earlier post about being banned ... I can see that
Jesus always had debates with those who thought their religious views were more important than God's view.
Sadly I even have family who believe it is their way and only their way, verses asking God for His Wisdom or His Perspective.
Thus I can understand how people do get banned WITHOUT comments that are anything other than against someone's perspective/ego.

Well, My real name is banned from most Christian forums, like this one. Have to come back with a different attitude and name. My name is Mike. So you have to take in account that some of us get banned constantly and it's hard to keep our real name. As a believer, i have nothing to hide and I am not afraid of anyone looking me up. I'll even give my phone number if asked because I love my Brothers and Sisters.

I had one girl even drive 2 states away to visit and have dinner with us from another forum I was banned from. I don't think we should treat each other like the World, just some don't like my strong stance in faith doctrine, but I back everything with scriptures.

blessings.

Well I am glad that you made a comment on my thread =)
And I do not see any reason for you to be banned.

Yes you are correct.
I try to use wisdom - I know I am not perfect.
But more than once I have prayed and I have sensed a 'no' within my Spirit.
I know my God never makes mistakes, even if I do.

What are some of the things that help people stay safe?
I remember once when I was a real estate agent - I googled myself, and found me all over the place ... lol
Which was a good thing - well as a real estate agent - if you want people to find/pick you over someone they cannot find when they google 'Real-Estate Agents' ... lol

This is what I try to do.. I think there is no perfect way to be totally safe! Because hackers are smarter than an average internet guy! I ensure I never have anything like bank information online.. Keep my cell phone number private.. Same goes with address.. Never open attachments in emails from people whom I do not recognize.. Don't click on ads :) Mods, don't hate me :D

I think more than these smaller things like pictures and real names, there are some more important stuff.. Like bank account username/password.. Some people are stupid enough to use some free wi-fi to access their bank accounts online.. That is just inviting trouble.. Those are the more serious things one should really think through! I don't mind much about having real name or pictures posted online.. We are not superstars for someone to take these pictures and morph them into something else :) There are more serious things concerning identify theft..

This is what I try to do.. I think there is no perfect way to be totally safe! Because hackers are smarter than an average internet guy! I ensure I never have anything like bank information online.. Keep my cell phone number private.. Same goes with address.. Never open attachments in emails from people whom I do not recognize.. Don't click on ads :) Mods, don't hate me :D

I think more than these smaller things like pictures and real names, there are some more important stuff.. Like bank account username/password.. Some people are stupid enough to use some free wi-fi to access their bank accounts online.. That is just inviting trouble.. Those are the more serious things one should really think through! I don't mind much about having real name or pictures posted online.. We are not superstars for someone to take these pictures and morph them into something else :) There are more serious things concerning identify theft..
That is one thing I LOVE about my bank ... It sends me an email of whatever happened yesterday - thus I do not need to access anything online with it. =)
I also love a smart phone that way too ... if I am going to open something, I prefer it kill my cell phone than my laptop ... LOL
(Ok - I do not want my phone to die ... but between the two evils ... ya know.)

Back