Why do some "good" people die early?

If we truly believe in Christs resurrection, then death is nothing to fear. We have His promise.

I work with plants, they die and regenerate all the time. When plants die naturally, they indeed live on. It's only when they die unnaturally eg they are poisoned, or burnt up then they are completely destroyed i.e perished and can't live on.

If you know about seed saving, then you'll come to appreciate death as part of life, as a seed needs to die first (and be buried) to live.

If I had to choose any kind of death, it would be quick and merciful, or I'd just close my eyes and go to sleep. I am sure God will warn me if my time is short, just as Jesus knew how and when he was going to die and prepared for it.

If I had to choose any kind of death, it would be quick and merciful, or I'd just close my eyes and go to sleep. I am sure God will warn me if my time is short, just as Jesus knew how and when he was going to die and prepared for it.
I kind of hope I don't see it coming, that way it'll be quick and over before I know it.

I just hope it's not something gruesome or long and drawn out.

I know this is a bit off the topic, but I would like to share the following experience:

I was literally at death's door twice in my life, and in both cases it happened without warning and without time to accept Christ and repent. In both cases the doctors didn't think I'd make it through the night. It is truly comforting to know I'm saved through faith in Jesus Christ, because it can happen any time.

Last edited:
I had a friend that was saved 5 days before she died.
Her sister told me about it later. It comforted me to know she was saved because it was a bit tragic. I think Jesus is willing to do anything to intervene when Satan is trying to snatch us out of Gods hand. If she'd kept going down the road of sin her life would have been much worse, but mercifully it was cut short I see it that way and it was apparently quick. But her passing bought a lot of things that had been hidden out in the open and I can see how it changed things for the better.

Back