Why do we love to sin?

Hi Via,

We met yesterday. You left me a request on my "welcome thread".

You ask about enjoying your sin, when you want to be pleasing God. This is how I am taking your question.

You mentioned to me that you are new believer. I don't know how old you are, but you will have had some practice with doing whatever you want, whenever you want. That is what the secular life promotes. If it feels good, do it.

When we become Christians, what actually happens is that we are agreeing to work for and under a "new boss"... satan, the old boss is not happy about that at all. He does not like being fired from ownership of us... and so he goes on high alert... and decides to stalk us... with the intention of really messing us up.

The above description is like a story.... but there is truth in it... as a new believer... you have a new boss... His name is Jesus... and unlike satan... he is crazy in love with you... and wants the best for you. Life as a believer is about getting to know your new "boss"... He loves to hear what's on your mind and waits for you to talk with HIM... The more you come to know Him... the more you will fall in love with Him and the easier it will be to NOT do those sins that you know you should not enjoy.

Some bad behaviours seem to drop off instantly after we get saved... but others... especially if they are addictions... are much harder to deal with. Please be patient with yourself... Focus on your relationship with Him... Keep it real and give yourself some Grace. God is full of patience and grace.

I promise you that the more you spend time with Him.... the less you will sin.

I don't know how biblical my words have been... but it is my heart that has spoken...

I do know that Paul does ask the same question as you have in Romans 7:15
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.

Be of good cheer... these trials are how God teaches us the lessons we need to learn... and He is most patient... plus... He promises to finish within us.. what He has begun.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 1:6

Hi Via,

We met yesterday. You left me a request on my "welcome thread".

You ask about enjoying your sin, when you want to be pleasing God. This is how I am taking your question.

You mentioned to me that you are new believer. I don't know how old you are, but you will have had some practice with doing whatever you want, whenever you want. That is what the secular life promotes. If it feels good, do it.

When we become Christians, what actually happens is that we are agreeing to work for and under a "new boss"... satan, the old boss is not happy about that at all. He does not like being fired from ownership of us... and so he goes on high alert... and decides to stalk us... with the intention of really messing us up.

The above description is like a story.... but there is truth in it... as a new believer... you have a new boss... His name is Jesus... and unlike satan... he is crazy in love with you... and wants the best for you. Life as a believer is about getting to know your new "boss"... He loves to hear what's on your mind and waits for you to talk with HIM... The more you come to know Him... the more you will fall in love with Him and the easier it will be to NOT do those sins that you know you should not enjoy.

Some bad behaviours seem to drop off instantly after we get saved... but others... especially if they are addictions... are much harder to deal with. Please be patient with yourself... Focus on your relationship with Him... Keep it real and give yourself some Grace. God is full of patience and grace.

I promise you that the more you spend time with Him.... the less you will sin.

I don't know how biblical my words have been... but it is my heart that has spoken...

I do know that Paul does ask the same question as you have in Romans 7:15
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.

Be of good cheer... these trials are how God teaches us the lessons we need to learn... and He is most patient... plus... He promises to finish within us.. what He has begun.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 1:6

yes that makes sense.
I’m just in the process of making a deal before I sign the agreement.
It feels like I’m making a deal with Him.
Now I know I can’t do anything Just For God... He doesn’t need anything. Plus I don’t value my life enough to bother with giving up my sin. . I’m sure He knows that and that’s why He’s agreeing to a plea. I’m not perfected In Love enough to just do it for Him either, coz I’m a sinner.

I’ve read that Jacob wrestled with an angel until he got blessed.

That’s just what it feels like😊

May God Bless you

I really can’t understand it!
Maybe I haven’t read the right scriptures yet so please help me see why I enjoyed sinning today and I want to kick the habit for good
Thankyou
There are sins particularly that do not seem so bad, but over time, they can be very bad for us. There are other sins that have no appeal whatsoever.

Back