Why Do You Think Jesus Told This Story ?

Dusty

Inactive
Why Do You Think Jesus Told This Story ?

Matthew 25:6-10

6"At midnight the cry rang out: 'Here's the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!'
7"Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8The foolish ones said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.'
9" 'No,' they replied, 'there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.' 10"But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

I think , Jesus told this this story not only for Christians to search their hearts to really know if we are true followers of Him .

Many appear to be Christians . They sit in church , carry their Bibles like every one else does and even believe in the soon return of Jesus . But that does not necessarily mean they know Him .

If we are truly saved , se will have a walking , talking, relationship with our Lord and Saviour . OUr lives with tuly impact the world around us .

So let us not be like the five foolish virgins but always be ready for our soon coming King.

We have to seek the confirmation of our election

2 PE 1
10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Everyone who says, "Lord, Lord" will not enter the kingdom of heaven. You must have a personal relationship with God through His Son Jesus Christ. I believe that those foolish virgins represents unbelievers who claimed to be Christ children but were not. Because the wise ones had enough oil for their lamps, it tells me that the Holy Spirit guided them and prepared them for their wait. They had a personal relationship with Christ. You are known by the fruit that you bear.

Godbe4me

Everyone who says, "Lord, Lord" will not enter the kingdom of heaven. You must have a personal relationship with God through His Son Jesus Christ. I believe that those foolish virgins represents unbelievers who claimed to be Christ children but were not. Because the wise ones had enough oil for their lamps, it tells me that the Holy Spirit guided them and prepared them for their wait. They had a personal relationship with Christ. You are known by the fruit that you bear.

Godbe4me

Amen ... gb4m.... Jesus wants His followers to be busy for Him in His service ... sharing the good news of the gospel right up until His return .... watching and serving go hand in hand .

Those like the foolish virgins who are just playing church are not watching and serving Jesus . They might think because they are doing all the right things that they will enter the kingdom but they are going to be surprised on judgement day .

When we have accepted Christ into our lives we having a living relationship with Jesus. No matter what Christ remains within us . .

Jesus tells us in this parable that our faith and salvation must be sustained and attended to. That if we do not we may very well loose them, either or both.
Salvation is more than a defining experience or learning by the written word what is to be done. We must actualy do it. Faith and salvation in God's dictionary are both verbs ,not nouns they are active or they are dead.
Talking the talk, having the knowledge, is not enough . We must walk the walk and strive to be prepared for Him.

Blessings
Cliff

We have a responsiblility to keep our eyes open and to not be caught asleep. If we are not ready, if we slip and sin and are not forgiven, that could be the very moment the Lord comes to call His children home. How sad would it be to not be ready because we did not keep watch with our relationship and faith.

We have a responsiblility to keep our eyes open and to not be caught asleep. If we are not ready, if we slip and sin and are not forgiven, that could be the very moment the Lord comes to call His children home. How sad would it be to not be ready because we did not keep watch with our relationship and faith.

Amen very sad indeed . So keep your lamps burning , burning . We used to sing a little song like that . Burning till the break of day .

The ones who belong to Jesus are easy to spot- they are the ones loving others and preferring others over themselves.

All we have is our interpritation of the evidence

We cannot "know" if another is living the life,walking the path of a believer. All we have is the observed evidence as to their faith/belief/ eternal security/ relationship with Christ Jesus.
And that is subject to our own standing, status,belief, as to what is and isn't credible evidence.

Having /carrying a bible, being baptized, going to church, doing good all can be concidered evidence of salvation but are they separate or all together compelling credible evidence????
All the virgins had wicks ,tools, and oil. . . All had the ability to maintain the lamps. . . all knew how and what they needed to do. . . All they need was available to them all equely. . . But it was the wise ones ,not the rich ones, not the educated ones that were prepared. So it is with faith and salvation. It is the effort that makes the differance,because it is only those who truely believe that will make the effort.
The most compelling evidence of salvation is a defining moment followed by a sustained effort. All the virgins had the definging moment All were in place on the position but only the wise ones thsoe who believed there is a God and that Jesus is His Son. . . Those are the ones that made the effort.
Not all scripture speaks to every one and certianly it doesn't always say the same thing to every one. And likewise as I'm sure some have found out any given peice of scripture can hold various meanings to the same individual in differant situations and times in their life. So it would be a grevous error to attach any one or a few interpritations to any scripture.
Ask not what does it mean but what does it have for me or us. What is it's relivance now for me or us.
I see here that Jesus is speaking to those who for what ever reason believe in the doctrine of "once saved always saved" reguardless of what they do or don't do after. What is given here is guidence. He is telling them that it is more involved than that. That there needs to be due diligence in the Christian walk ,discernment, attendance to ones faith and salvation along the way, less one misses the grooms coming, eternity with our LORD.

Sincerly
Cliff

WordSeeker09 said:
Right, not to complicate this. I agree w/ you in that it is basically a call to make sure that we are saved, and consequently also to point out... that not all are (saved). Bye bye Universalism. :)

We must bring the oil (often a picture of the Spirit) if we wish to see our way into heaven. We must be born again. That is what happens to us when we first believe.

Bless you :0.

Amen Word ... exactly .thanks , cause the words ringing in my ears right now ... not all those who cry Lord, Lord will enter into the Kingdom of heaven

We cannot "know" if another is living the life,walking the path of a believer. All we have is the observed evidence as to their faith/belief/ eternal security/ relationship with Christ Jesus.
And that is subject to our own standing, status,belief, as to what is and isn't credible evidence.

This is true , Cliff . We can only look at our own lives and make the decison ourselves as to whether we accept or reject Jesus Christ. But just acceptance is not enough .... we need to produce fruit .How do we do that? By staying steadfast in the Word of God and with prayer and suplication . The Holy Spirit is our guide and our teacher and if we do not abide in Him , how will we be ready when the trumpet of the Lord sounds ?

Back