Why Does God Allow This?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a few questions that might help us have some insight into the situation. Pastors do their best to look after the flock, I cant imagine a pastor just giving advice without praying about it...

Were they actually engaged, did he ask her? Or is this just in her head. What did she end up doing in another state...? Despite her finanical struggles, what is she actually doing there. You dont just move to another state for no reason....

I don't know the entire story but a few things seem to show.
It seems she is putting money ahead of everything as if financial security is number one goal.

I have known her for over 30 years and you took the words right out of my mouth...
This guy was like her Prince Charming, she comes from a very humble background and he was like a dream come true for her.

It didn't turn out the way she planned and now she appears to be miserable and want all of us to feel the same way.

I don't know if this means anything but her mom and dad divorced over 40 years ago and her father (who was very heavy into witchcraft) is still very angry and bitter with the mother and is very cruel to my friend and takes it out on her whenever he sees her. My friend and her dad didn't speak for over 20 years and only recently began to communicate again, but when she became financially dependent upon him he became even more cruel and now they are back to not speaking to one another again.

Last edited:
Just a few questions that might help us have some insight into the situation. Pastors do their best to look after the flock, I cant imagine a pastor just giving advice without praying about it...

Were they actually engaged, did he ask her? Or is this just in her head. What did she end up doing in another state...? Despite her finanical struggles, what is she actually doing there. You don't just move to another state for no reason....

They were engaged and courted for almost a year.

When she moved to another state she had 3 small children and had a hard time finding work and ended up on public assistance. She moved to another state because she was still a baby Christian and she loved and believed in this Pastor so much that she felt like she was disobeying God if she didn't moved like she was being told to.

She was in a car accident about a year ago and hurt her back and can't work anymore, she was going to school for awhile but stopped doing that. All of her children are now adults and the last one is leaving home and going to college in a few weeks.

Please forgive me everyone...
In my zeal to help a dear friend, I probably shared too much information about this situation. This person and I literally grew up in the Lord together and she is more like a personal family member to me. It breaks my heart to see her like this in so much pain, when she hurts I hurt. I have tried for years to help her with no success because I need help standing in the gap for her, which is the reason I posted here. She has an incredible prophetic gift and one of the sweetest people I have ever known. She is our Sister in the Lord and she needs our prayer and intercession.

God is in the business of reconciliation, He is a restorer and a redeemer and the Devil never made a lock that our Heavenly Father can't pick.
If the Lord lays it upon your heart please keep her in your prayers. No weapon formed against her shall prosper, in Jesus name, Amen! :)

Thank you all again for your warm words of wisdom, they have been very helpful! God bless :)

They were engaged and courted for almost a year.

When she moved to another state she had 3 small children and had a hard time finding work and ended up on public assistance. She moved to another state because she was still a baby Christian and she loved and believed in this Pastor so much that she felt like she was disobeying God if she didn't moved like she was being told to.

She was in a car accident about a year ago and hurt her back and can't work anymore, she was going to school for awhile but stopped doing that. All of her children are now adults and the last one is leaving home and going to college in a few weeks.
I dont understand why a pastor would say to someone move to another state, if there was no job lined up. Unless there was a ministry or specific mission that the pastor needed her there for. As far as I know The pastors I have known do not tell people to just move to another state or region for no reason.

Have heard of a similar situation of someone beliving they had to move overseas and that didnt work out, but it could be,God wants you to be in a certain area, but only if its His timing. There has to be a reason, nobody just moves just because their pastor tells them to.

The reality is, just because you move to somewhere else doesnt mean that a job will automatically come to you just because you are new to the area. DId she gave up a job to move to this place. Does she have other family in this state. What was the real reason.

Maybe God still has something for her where she is. She has to look beyond the finanical hardship. Jesus gave up his carpentry job to minister. He was living hand to mouth! If she is preaching then, she must preach. If she is nurturing she must nurture. JEsus did this in spite of having literally nowhere to lay his head to reach the lost sheep of israel. The ministry wasnt just about himself and his own tribe.

Encourage your friend to depend on God for her needs and to look outside of herself. It sounds like she has fallen prey to self-pity. If she was say financially comfortable and married would she then have any empathy with those who are lost and broken?

Why does God allow it. He allows us it so we will reach out to others. He allowed Job to see it wasnt all about Job and what Job could get from God it was about God who created the universe.

He allowed me to hurt and feel pain for 15 years and suffer everyday, why because that was how long it took for His purposes to be worked out in my life. If we are never put in the fire, we wont be tested, so how does God know how strong we can be and whether we will be faithful?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back