Why Does the World's Society Lie when Society Knows They're Lying?!?

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Dear brothers and sisters;

Does the title make sense? Word of mouth, the radio, television, internet and communication through electronics has long been a platform for lying. Still, though society knows when someone is lying continue to lie!

Aside from the examples of Rahab and Abraham lying; they were not praised for it but God saw their actions in other ways of these very unique situations. That's not what I'm referring to;

Rather I'm pointing to the underlying motivations, pride, puffing up, protecting oneself from infidelity and compromising the integrity of others by those who lie.

One of the earliest fundamental teachings from God's Word is do not lie.

Starting with God's example in Numbers 23:19-20, 19 God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it? - ESV

Proverbs 19:5, 5 A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall not escape. - KJV

In Paul's proclamation of God's Truth in Titus 1:1-2, 1 Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ to further the faith of God’s elect and their knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness— 2 in the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time, 3 and which now at his appointed season he has brought to light through the preaching entrusted to me by the command of God our Savior, - NIV

And in the 66th and final Book of Revelation 21:8, But for the fearful, and unbelieving, and abominable, and murderers, and fornicators, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, their part' shall be in the lake that burneth with fire and brimstone; which is the second death. - ASV

Doesn't God's Word throughout Scripture give us enough warning to beware when we are tempted to lie?

It amazes me when I read an article or hear someone shout,
liar! to the person of an opposing view, position or campaign.

If I were to say my whole life has always been verbally truthful, I'd be lying. I was more worried how the other would react to the truth. It's taken years of discipline to swallow my pride, suck it up and tell the truth. So when I'm put in this position, now I worry how God will react.

Whatever the consequences are for being truthful is inevitable but worth it. At the same time God is always watching our actions.

What are your perspectives, thoughts and opinions of this centuries old infectious sin and what is your message against lying?

God bless everyone and thank you.

Bob

`And you He made alive, who were DEAD in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world (system), according to the prince of the power of the air who now works in the sons of disobedience.` (Eph. 2: 1 & 2)

People of the world system are in darkness. They do not know or do not care about lying, as long as they are `fed and watered and entertained,` (as the Romans did to those in the Colosseum).

`You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resourses, for he is a liar, and the father of it.` (John 8: 44)

Last edited:
Back