Why hast thou forsaken me

When Jesus was hanging on the cross for opur sins the Father laid all the sins of the world on His Son and turneed His face away because of the great pain of it all read romans 8:2-5 i hope this helped your query

If you refer to Psalm 22:1 (NLT) and compare that with Matthew 27:45 (NLT), you will see that the wording from the Hebrew language is identical.

King David prophesyed Psalm 22 (NLT) 1000 years before the Crucifixion of Christ right down to the Roman soldiers casting lots for Christ's clothing. Again, compare Psalm 22:18 (NLT) with Matthew 27:35 (NLT) and you will also see that the wording from Hebrew is identical.

Nowhere in God's Word does Christ ever refer to God as God... Christ ALWAYS refered to God as "Father".... except as quoted in Matthew 27:35 (NLT).

When Christ said, "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?" - Christ was not calling out to God in acclaimation. He was TEACHING from the cross to His very last breath in quoting King David's 22nd Psalm and letting everyone know, who witnessed his impending death, that in fact, He WAS the Messiah. Christ knew that his mission was to sacrifice Himself for us all. He was not distraught at His own death - far from it... it was what He was placed on earth in a flesh body to ultimately do for everyone. He knew that the death of the flesh is not something to be terrified of - in fact, he was just taking a short trip back to Heaven to carry on with things. After His resurrection, He even met up with some of his followers on the road to Emmaus as found in Luke 24:13-53 (NLT) and told them not to worry for He was still with them.

I hope that assists you in your understanding of those passages as taken from the original Hebrew language.

IMHO and studies, I believe that Jesus spoke these words at the moment all of the "sins of the world" were placed upon him and He descended into hell.

In that moment, God the Father in His Holiness had turned His Eyes away from His Beloved Son. For the first and only time, Jesus, who was Perfect in Obedience felt and experienced the gulf of separation that the ugliness of sin had created between God and man.

Jesus had cried out Abba, Abba.

I would love to hear other thoughts and interpretations on this passage.

Actually He did not cry out Abba, Abba.
He cried "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"

Abba is translated well to modern English as "Daddy."
It was a term used to address the head of the house, (The Father) reserved for the children. Servants were never to use the term when referring to the father of the household.

Eloi, on the other hand is a direct reference to God.

In my view, Pastor Gary gave an exemplary response to the question.
There is really nothing more I could add.

If you refer to Psalm 22:1 (NLT) and compare that with Matthew 27:45 (NLT), you will see that the wording from the Hebrew language is identical.

King David prophesyed Psalm 22 (NLT) 1000 years before the Crucifixion of Christ right down to the Roman soldiers casting lots for Christ's clothing. Again, compare Psalm 22:18 (NLT) with Matthew 27:35 (NLT) and you will also see that the wording from Hebrew is identical.

Nowhere in God's Word does Christ ever refer to God as God... Christ ALWAYS refered to God as "Father".... except as quoted in Matthew 27:35 (NLT).

When Christ said, "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?" - Christ was not calling out to God in acclaimation. He was TEACHING from the cross to His very last breath in quoting King David's 22nd Psalm and letting everyone know, who witnessed his impending death, that in fact, He WAS the Messiah. Christ knew that his mission was to sacrifice Himself for us all. He was not distraught at His own death - far from it... it was what He was placed on earth in a flesh body to ultimately do for everyone. He knew that the death of the flesh is not something to be terrified of - in fact, he was just taking a short trip back to Heaven to carry on with things. After His resurrection, He even met up with some of his followers on the road to Emmaus as found in Luke 24:13-53 (NLT) and told them not to worry for He was still with them.

I hope that assists you in your understanding of those passages as taken from the original Hebrew language.

Amen and thank you Pastor Gary. God Bless. Praise God that Christ sacrificed His life for ours so that we can be free.and have eternal life with the Father son and Holy Spirit.

That is why it is so impotant to, know the scriptures study to show thyself approved God has given you great wisdom Pastor Gary God bless you i need to learn so much

Yes " wounded' we are all here for the same reason to grow in Christ and to bless each other and we are so blessed to have Pastor Gary here to answer our questions . Pray for him as he has a lot on his plate what with his rectory and his weather reporting and tracking and being a moderator here . I don't know how he does it.:groupray::groupray::groupray:

Thank you for the kind comments... truly appreciated, but I must just say that it is God's Will that I do what I do. He has opened certain paths for me in my life and they have all culminated in allowing me to find the resources and abilities to try to assist persons in being safe - both physically and spiritually.

One of the things that I stress in my ministry teachings is to be able to see what God's Word was before the traditions and translations of man changed those words into other meanings not found in the original writings of God's Prophets and Scribes. With approximately 39,000 Christian denominations alone, is there any wonder why there are so many misunderstandings these days? Going back to the original wording by using a KJV and a Strong's Concordance, gives any Bible student a window into the past and a much clearer understanding of God's message to us.

This thread is just one example of better understanding by knowing what the Hebrew wording was - not just the words found in a Bible translation.

May God grant everyone here at CFS the personal dedication to do independent studies and to see that there are things that will make much more sense after the original wording is understood. May God bless you all.

Thank you Pastor Gary for being a "good shephard" and learned teacher for those of us who desire to grow in the Knowlegde of God.

God Bless You..........

J/L

Back