Why Hate America?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if there will be an America to hate...or love for that matter, if things keep going the way they are. The leaders on the Left keep taking positions that are further and further from the constitution. The leaders on the Right are doing the very same thing, just in the opposite direction. People feel much pressure to choose a side and demonize the other side. America is being ripped apart. The very thin veil of civility and humanity is being stretched to the breaking point. Where are the Sons of God ??(peacemakers)
We are collapsing from within. We are so desperate to rid ourselves of one president, we vote for anyone they present us with. Even one with the spirit of the anti-christ because he is "less evil" than the previous one.
We had one who claimed to be right-wing then passed homeland security laws that mock and trounce our constitution.

why do so many seem to hate America? I don't hate them? why not live and let live?

I think dan's responce is very good in comment #2.

We have a leader who has approved the killing of babies. He has approved the union of homosexuals in marriage.
There are things going that if we knew we would be scared to death.

For an example......there are negociations going on right now between Egypt and our State department to release the "Blind Muslim Sheck" who masterminded the 1st Twin Towers bombing to Egypt.

With those things on-going and the economy on the brink of disaster and the best man we can come up with is a member of an anti-christ cult!!!

I hope someone hlps us because I am pretty sure God is disgusted with the USA, I know I am.

why do so many seem to hate America? I don't hate them? why not live and let live?

Without going into the specifics of presidents, just generalising the US as a whole and its past, my opinion is:

Propaganda + stupidity + poverty = hatred.

America has made itself a target by attacking many nations. However people fail to acknowledge that the US = UN. I would love a well organised democratic country to attack me as opposed to China or Russia. Where would S Korea be if the US never got involved? They love the US! Sadam would still be killing Kurds. If there was no US aggression, Russia would be attacking weaker nations and expanding its borders like it did last century. Japan and China would have nuked each other by now. We should all be grateful that the US has been an active world 'watch dog' and grateful that it is at least democratic! Best odds of unbiased aggression!

I always remind people of how the Germans ran to the British and Americans at the end of WW2 and how every US tank in the gulf war had the extra expense of a live video camera that could monitor any wrong doing.

A long while back I was watching a local news report with an Iraqi cabinet minister. Our presenter said to him, ''what do you and the people think of this illegal war the US and UK are waging on your country''. He said, ''Are you stupid? the US and UK are helping us, the majority are heavily opposed by the minority. I would have thought that SA with apartheid would have understood better then others''. She hanged up and said, ''obviously he does not know all the facts''....LOL, he is only in the cabinet IN Iraq during the war.....

I also laughed when I saw how people were protesting against Tony Blair visiting our country. That poor guy endured 1000's of intense debate sessions on live television, cross questioned by the most intelligent and ferocious, having to give account of every thought and motivation...and he did it!!! He did not get someone to do it for him.... I would vote for him in a heartbeat! I would love it if our leader had just ONE session in the firing line. He has only been accused of rape, extreme stupidity (shower cures aids) and fraud.

Educated people don't hate the US, they laugh / cry at the 'stupid' arabs, communists and naive co-citizens.

Just thinking....Perhaps instead of sending only troops to the east to fight terrorism, the US should be more focused on building schools and killing propaganda.

I understand what all of you are saying and I agree. Just thought I would say that if you have ever lived in another country long enough to form an opinion I suppose that your first choice, regardless, would the America.

The western world is the easiest place to make a physical living, and the hardest place to find spiritual peace. I will not judge just incase I fall into the same pit. But early Americans were poor, which humbled them. Poverty mixed with faith as well as a system that reduces strife by promoting tolerance, caused un-matchable prosperity. Prosperity caused arrogance, and arrogance is causing our fall. If secularism and a lack of faith prevail during the future poverty, we will stay fallen, if the faithful prevail, then the humility will cause more un-matchable prosperity.

More likely than not (although not guaranteed) if America is ripped apart, the faithful will gather in a paticular region of the continent and form their own society. (probably several different faiths will do this same thing)

ANYWAY, I always get off on these tangents. :confused: What was the question again? LOL

A couple of young people stopped by the house sometime back. They asked if we would contribute towards the floods in Pakistan. I said probably not. My hose only reaches the end of the driveway.

I really feel that as the time grows late that christians simply must grow past their worldly loyalties to political affiliation, denominations, money, social status, non-christian relationships, economic systems, worldly possessions and anything they find is distracting them from their walk along this most narrow of paths.
Nationalism, party affiliation and money simply cannot be equated with God. These things will surely collapse and those using these things as pillars in theirs lives will find themselves devastated by their loss or ,worse yet, find themselves outside the true Body of Christ and find themselves following a church/state run by the anti-christ. Let go of the world now. It may seem right to you to hang on because for decades it seemed stable. It may seem right to try and maintain that which is left, but it will prove futile in the end. All that we have known is ending. Jump ship spiritually and emotionally. All that seemed impervious to decay is decaying before our eyes at an ever increasing rate. Do not be OF this world but of the Kingdom to come.
There will be no party affiliation there. No economic system to have loyalties to. No denominations.

We are so desperate to rid ourselves of one president, we vote for anyone they present us with. Even one with the spirit of the anti-christ because he is "less evil" than the previous one.

I love that. one with the spirit of the anti-christ. this claim, has been made on every president, probably since before nixon. This is part of why no one can agree, were to busy throwing the label anti-christ around. My thought is, no one knows how the anti-christ is because he has not shown himself yet. Obamas not the anti-christ. neither is Romney. There are certain things that have to come to pass, before the anti-christ shows himself, and I don't believe they have yet. So stop throwing the title around.

As far as why everyone hates us? because, at least in the past, were better then most everyone else. I dont mean that the people are better, I mean we offer freedom, we offer jobs, we offer a safe economy. People dont like that, jealousy does a number on everyone, and they all want to take that away, just because they cant have it. It was, at least until recently, considered a "christian" nation, so anyone who is against the christian religion, will also hate us. Weve also been allies of Israel, so naturally, anyone who hates israel, will hate us.

My ancestors came to America mainly for freedom of religion. My grandfather died young. He was a pastor with three kids. That's not what killed him though. It was bad water. One of his sons went all through life blaming God for his death and died that way. My Mother led me to Jesus. I think it is time that America starts coming back home and minding their own business. And I mean their own business, not mine. If they would do that, it would be sort of like becoming a Christian. They would see and hear things they have never seen or heard before, have thoughts never thought before. Start finding things to be thankful for and an interest in others.
It seems pretty clear to me anyway, why the President Hates America. It's just too bad that he is leading others to feel the same and mocking God.

I love that. one with the spirit of the anti-christ. this claim, has been made on every president, probably since before nixon. This is part of why no one can agree, were to busy throwing the label anti-christ around. My thought is, no one knows how the anti-christ is because he has not shown himself yet. Obamas not the anti-christ. neither is Romney. There are certain things that have to come to pass, before the anti-christ shows himself, and I don't believe they have yet. So stop throwing the title around.

As far as why everyone hates us? because, at least in the past, were better then most everyone else. I dont mean that the people are better, I mean we offer freedom, we offer jobs, we offer a safe economy. People dont like that, jealousy does a number on everyone, and they all want to take that away, just because they cant have it. It was, at least until recently, considered a "christian" nation, so anyone who is against the christian religion, will also hate us. Weve also been allies of Israel, so naturally, anyone who hates israel, will hate us.

They hated us for leading the actions in Iraq and Afghanistan. They saw a burning building and did nothing. We shamed them by doing the right thing.

Have you ever lived in another country, not vacationed, not stationed in the military...actually lived for more than a year in another country? Did you speak the language?

Hi Rusty, welcome aboard. You got me to thinking with your question. My goodness, that was over 50 years ago when I lived in Germany and Holland. Anyway, I lived in Germany 18 months then moved to Holland for
18 months. At both locations I lived in towns close to the Air Force Base I was stationed at. Had a part time business finding off base quarters for other military and families. Doing this I had to learn their language. My bride and I traveled all over Europe every chance we had. We enjoyed our visits but still was glad to get back home. Growing up in America I learned to love it so much that I joined the service in 1954. We were treated like I sort of expected, like we had tee-teed in their mess kits. One silly thing I used to joke about to my wife was my missing Dairy Queen ice cream. She missed Cokes. Didn't like pushing and shoving standing in lines.

seems to me he said he spent a lot of time looking for housing for soldiers, which means he was likely out in the communities, and probably saw a lot of culture. On top of that, youd be surprised how many soldiers do see the culture-they dont spend all their time on base. My brother who served a tour in Iraq, even got to see a bit of culture, and he did stay on base most of the time, but he occasionally did go to town. Youd be surprised how much you learn of a countries culture, just from the base.

I understand what all of you are saying and I agree. Just thought I would say that if you have ever lived in another country long enough to form an opinion I suppose that your first choice, regardless, would the America.
I see that I am replying to my own post. The post that Rusty replied to. I still hold to that opinion. I understand that if you lived in a foreign country such as Rusty is suggesting, your outlook would be somewhat different than if you were in the armed forces. From my experiences in Europe, before some of you were born, the economy was back on it's feet pretty much thanks to the US Taxpayers. I guess what I am really trying to say is that the countries I have lived in did not have their government put together like the US did, using the bible as their guide. Unfortunately, we are now beginning to see what it is like to shove our Lord and his bible to the side. I hope I am gone before that happens officially. I think that at the Democratic convention they tried to do it but if not mistaken it was retracted. But the Republicans put in their shopping list to ask Israel to become a two state country with Palestine. I haven't heard if that was changed or not. I wrote them a pretty hot letter about it.

Speaking of hot letters....Several years ago I lived in Washington DC as a consultant but met a photographer who did a lot of photos in the pit during congressional hearings. Surely you have seen them, dressed like they are going fishing crawling around in the floor. Seen on CSpan. I used to watch CSpan hearings and that scene was so disgusting to me. I asked him (the photographer) if anyone ever took photos of women guests aiming under the tables. He said of course. Everyone does it. You see, there were no table cloths or drapery around the tables and they had 20 or 30 photographers crawling around. I started writing to congressmen and the committee who was in charge of setting up the hearing rooms. About a year of follow ups all of a sudden the tables had drapes around them. Within a month, you could count the photographers (if any at all) on one hand. So, it does pay to write, call, and e-mail on some things. They not once responded to any of my contacts other than doin it. Wish it could come true asking my congressmen to impeach Obama.

On these posts we usually ask questions of each other straight out instead of beating around the bush. My concern about Spiritual leaders are a concern of mine, yes, and we send money to a number of them from our church. Same in this country, but here we send money to our choice of pastors or others spreading the gospel of Jesus. I see no nations, flags, neighborhoods or culture in heaven, but very little is explained to us about those sort of things. Jesus said we wouldn't have a clue even if he did chart out the nitty-griddy. The politics of all countries concern me but as for foreign countries I have no more say in them that I do here in my own country, especially now.

I know what all of you are saying and I consent. Just believed I would say that if you have ever resided in another nation lengthy enough to type an viewpoint I assume that your first option, regardless, would the The united states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back