Why Is Believing In Evolution A Sin?

Well lets put this in the 'arguments neither side will agree on then' folder.

I maintain that freedom of thought allows the exploration of alternative ideas, new theories. Religion usually prevents this simply by its basic tenets from where I look.

Religion may do that Tubby......but Christianity does not.

Philippians 4:8
"Finally brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy, meditate on these things".

I think that you will agree with me when I say that the power of the mind is awesome! It is evident when we realize the mind is the control center of our character, conduct, and conversation. We can think good stuff or bad stuff and the rest of our life will be influenced by this thinking process. What we think now will effect us years and years from now.

We all have unique thought patterns that were carefully put into our thinking process by our parents, our teachers, peers, and friends. Right or wrong, those things are etched in our minds. The problem then is that when we accepted Christ and He saved us, God did not erase all the bad thought patterns that are in our mind. Our peculiar mind set is still intact. That works the same way if we are not believers in God.

Satan will always capitalize on our past programming!!!!!! He does not want us to think like the Apostle Paul told us to think. But God in His Word encourages us to THINK. When we think we then open the door to the TRUTH and that my friend is what life is all about.

Jesus said......."You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free".

Tubby......the battle is won or lost in the mind!!!! Everything starts in the mind!

It has been said that , "You are what you eat", but the Bible teaches us that we are what we THINK. The Bible teaches freedom and liberty, peace and joy. Freedom however is not instantaneous. Freedom is found through "reprogramming" our minds.

Romans 12:2
"And do not be conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your MIND".

Back