Why is glory so important to God?

Beyond giving credit where it is due (which it is), The Lord expects us to give Him the glory for our own welfare.

Having Him as the central point of our lives enhances our living.

Everyone has times when we are down. Keeping our eyes and concerns on Him helps us cope.

Everyone has times when we are successful. Keeping our eyes on Him puts that into perspective also.

Giving Him the glory does not rob us of anything.

Nor does it mean that we should not recognize the qualities in us that the Lord has placed and nourished. In fact, the Lord is glorified when the world sees Him through us:

Matt 5:14-16 (NASB)
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Hey guys, just a thought... Is it God that chases after glory? Or glory that chases after God? My gut tells me the second answer seems more likely. Whatever God does is good, just, and perfect. So I'd say it seems more likely that glory has a hard time keeping up with God, rather than that God is pigging out on glory like someone eating an entire extra large pizza in one sitting. Basically, glory is as natural to whatever God does as breathing is to us as humans.

Hey guys, just a thought... Is it God that chases after glory? Or glory that chases after God? My gut tells me the second answer seems more likely. Whatever God does is good, just, and perfect. So I'd say it seems more likely that glory has a hard time keeping up with God, rather than that God is pigging out on glory like someone eating an entire extra large pizza in one sitting. Basically, glory is as natural to whatever God does as breathing is to us as humans.

Interesting way of looking at it! As glory belongs to God, it can only follow Him wherever He goes and whatever He does!
It is definitely a notion of the flesh that suggests that God seeks after glory. He doesn't have to seek it. He is all-glorious!

Blessings, Kathy!

We just reflect His glory. We dont really have glory of our own. Its all His, as he created us in first place. Its like..a window when its shiny and clean reflects the clear sky...

Yes, Amen.

Glory follows virtue as if it were its shadow….. so as the Greek Philosopher Cicero observes....

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/marcustull162763.html

Back