Why is "Good Friday" called "good/"

Why is “Good Friday” called “Good?”

That’s a good question. Why is “Good Friday” called “good?’ Or… What’s so “good” about “Good Friday? Others might think; “Why don’t we call it “bad” Friday, or “Sad” Friday? After all, Messiah Yeshua was nailed to the cross. That was a sad event. But let’s look at this some more.

It was SAD that Man, whom God created, decided to disobey his creator, participate in eating the forbidden fruit, and thus introducing sin into the world. It is SAD that even though God demonstrated his love toward this fallen world, much of mankind has decided to continue in sin and blatant disobedience. It is SAD that there has to exist a hell and a future Lake of Fire for all lost mankind, to join in the suffering with the fallen angels of HaSatan. It is SAD that many think the Bible is just a fiction book full of made-up stories, written by creative writers. It is SAD that even though the work has been finished, many still reject the work, thinking that through their works, God will accept them with their earthly, yet vain efforts. It is VERY SAD, that even though the evidence is obvious, people still don’t believe.

HOWEVER…to change the tune of the song...

it was GOOD that God had patience enough to put up with mankind, to give him a second chance, starting again with 8 survivors of the Great Flood. It was GOOD that God gave man the master plan in form of His Holy Writ, to instruct sinful man the way back to his creator. It was GOOD that God left the realm of his Holy Kingdom, to come to earth in the form of man, to suffer heat, cold, sweat, and pain, sadness, rejection, and anger too. It was GOOD that Yeshua resisted the temptation in the Judean desert, and remained sinless just as He was born, without sin. It was GOOD that Yeshua accepted the perfect will of the Father, to take upon himself ALL of our sins, past, present, and future. It was GOOD that He paid for our sins on the cross, because, if not, we would ALL be in a world of hurt! It was GOOD that He rose from the dead on the third day, (Namely, the 8th day) The “day” of a “New beginning” The first day of the week. It was GOOD, that He conquered sin and death. It is GOOD that we now have a way back to the Father, through FAITH in our LORD and MESSIAH, Yeshua, that He accomplished what He set out to do, since the beginning of time. It is VERY GOOD that we have a place in HIS Kingdom for ALL ETERNITY.

No wonder we call “Good Friday” GOOD.

By Rabbi J. Ben Avraham
Messianic Rabbi

(This might be the shortest "Writ" I've ever posted)

PIC: We will ALL have a "final sunset" on this earth, will the SON greet us on the "other side?"

Attachments

• 044.JPG
    044.JPG
    376.8 KB · Views: 0
That was a nice post. Oddly, my husband and I were both talking about exactly this just a few short minutes ago, I guess we all had something on our heart at nearly the same time.

At any rate I mentioned "Holy" Friday (as opposed to using the word good) when I was speaking of what Christ did and went through this day in history.

My husband looked at me and said yes, why do they call it "good" anyway? I said just out of gratitude for what Christ did in our stead most likely, but I still shy away from saying "good", because regardless of what it means for us, it was still really horrific. I like better to call it Holy as a result.

We both spoke agreeing with the premise of Holy as opposed to good, and put away the discussion. (Not much to discuss when you simply agree.. lol)

But yes, that He did this in our stead, that is good indeed. :)

Back