Why is the Christian walk so painfully lonely?

I don't fit in with the world or church.

I reach out ...but nothing sticks.

I don't know I'm just discouraged... At how lonely the walk is...

Not just lonely but long.

Sometimes I want to look back...and I'll be honest. I want to go back at times....

Because the Christian Life seems so restricting and barren and lonely. It seems life begins after death. It just seems too long to wait... To be happy.

Again. Forgive me for having this moment of weakness.

It's just lonely....that's all.

I know that sometimes it seems so lonely and not fun. But that's what the devil wants us to believe, so that we will desire to stay connected with the world, and worldly desires. That is his temptation. And way to many people have fallen for it. So many believers are walking like unbelievers to the point where the world cannot tell the difference.

God calls us to come out and be seperate from the worldly ways of doing things. He desires that we be Holy and full of integrity, but He is all about fun as well. Just look at the way the Israelites were instructed to celebrate the different festivals and such in the old testament. God is not a stick in the mud.. He does want us to enjoy our lives... we just have to do it on His level, or ways. And many people have gotten the wrong idea that one cannot have fun if their in God... but one thing they forget is that joy is one of the fruits or characteristics that come out of being fully connected and submitted to the Spirit of God.

If we truly are submitted to God... we will not be somber and serious all the time, for even Nehemiah spoke to the people as directed by the Holy Spirit... that the joy of the Lord is our strength. Joy is very important to God.

The hard part about being a believer is that to many people think that you can enjoy a godly life, so when there is activities put on by the church, they don't participate and then there is hardly anyone there to fellowship with or Friends to enjoy. Plus way to many people are all about themselves and their family... which leaves a lot of people sitting at home lonely, because their family is either not saved, or maybe they are like you and desire to hang out with someone of their own age and similar interests.

Don't give up, even if it takes awhile to find the right group. Maybe now that you drive .. you can try different churches in your area and see what they offer in the form of singles fellowship. Might be able to make some new friends. But above all keep seeking God for help ... and wisdom to know the answer. For He will lead and guide you to the right group... and it will be a joy, because your right where your supposed to be

Blessings

Ever here of the saying....Life is what you make of it? Well that's true about anything.

Something I learned a long time ago - if we feel lonely and sad then we are focusing on ourselves instead of God.

When you are more concerned with yourself and how you feel then you can feel lonely in the middle of 100 people.

When your attention is focused on the Lord, you can be isolated on a deserted island and never feel lonely.

Just sharing from what I have learned these 59 years.
Also remember your given situation and what you have been going through - if not attended to, your emotions can be a train wreck.

Lonely is a state of mind - what is your mind thinking sbout?
Blessings

I know that sometimes it seems so lonely and not fun. But that's what the devil wants us to believe, so that we will desire to stay connected with the world, and worldly desires. That is his temptation. And way to many people have fallen for it. So many believers are walking like unbelievers to the point where the world cannot tell the difference.

God calls us to come out and be seperate from the worldly ways of doing things. He desires that we be Holy and full of integrity, but He is all about fun as well. Just look at the way the Israelites were instructed to celebrate the different festivals and such in the old testament. God is not a stick in the mud.. He does want us to enjoy our lives... we just have to do it on His level, or ways. And many people have gotten the wrong idea that one cannot have fun if their in God... but one thing they forget is that joy is one of the fruits or characteristics that come out of being fully connected and submitted to the Spirit of God.

If we truly are submitted to God... we will not be somber and serious all the time, for even Nehemiah spoke to the people as directed by the Holy Spirit... that the joy of the Lord is our strength. Joy is very important to God.

The hard part about being a believer is that to many people think that you can enjoy a godly life, so when there is activities put on by the church, they don't participate and then there is hardly anyone there to fellowship with or Friends to enjoy. Plus way to many people are all about themselves and their family... which leaves a lot of people sitting at home lonely, because their family is either not saved, or maybe they are like you and desire to hang out with someone of their own age and similar interests.

Don't give up, even if it takes awhile to find the right group. Maybe now that you drive .. you can try different churches in your area and see what they offer in the form of singles fellowship. Might be able to make some new friends. But above all keep seeking God for help ... and wisdom to know the answer. For He will lead and guide you to the right group... and it will be a joy, because your right where your supposed to be

Blessings

Yeah I have one friend but she has chikredn and a man so I know her hands are tied...

Ever here of the saying....Life is what you make of it? Well that's true about anything.

Something I learned a long time ago - if we feel lonely and sad then we are focusing on ourselves instead of God.

When you are more concerned with yourself and how you feel then you can feel lonely in the middle of 100 people.

When your attention is focused on the Lord, you can be isolated on a deserted island and never feel lonely.

Just sharing from what I have learned these 59 years.
Also remember your given situation and what you have been going through - if not attended to, your emotions can be a train wreck.

Lonely is a state of mind - what is your mind thinking sbout?
Blessings

I have a problem differentiating when to take action and when to wait. If I ask God to send me friends but I don't go out and try to make any and I don't have any....then it's my fault for doing nothing.

Where's the compromise?

What do I do

I have a problem differentiating when to take action and when to wait. If I ask God to send me friends but I don't go out and try to make any and I don't have any....then it's my fault for doing nothing.

Where's the compromise?

What do I do

Get really involved with different church groups and be friendly :) then ask God who to form close friendships with. Then you dont feel lonely and your still waiting on God to help and direct you

Dont need to extend you walk in the wilderness any more than you have to. Jesus was there 40 days on his own, but the Israelites took 40 years and they all had each other.

I would say this is the time God wants you to rely on Him alone, so count it all joy. Plus this is where your faith is tested. Are you going to trust and obey Him or just complain?

There are widows at church that would like company, so dont feel you need to stick with your own age group. I know some churches divide everyone into how old they are, but to me thats a bit silly, we can learn from our elders and we can encourage and even teach those younger than us. Another thing God showed me is I dont need to blend in, He made me so I would stand out! At first I used to think oh great, why God? I dont really look like anyone else and everyone always asks me where Im from, which can be a pain after the thousandeth time. It would kind of be nice to be greeted 'how are you' instead of 'where are you from?' you know.

But then I learned He appointed the times and place where I would be. I dont know what church God is leading you to but for me it did take a while to form friendships with people from the first church i attended so God had me go to a smaller one. And I just met people there and they knew others, so the group I hang with now we actually all go to different churches. But we do make the effort to meet up and do things with each other as a group, as well as indiviually.
Small groups like bible studies are also good thats where I met many of my lasting friends.

You can even host a bible study at your place if you have the room so people can come to you instead of you going out. Find a space for a 'hang out' even if its just the library or park...I just had bible studies at the library. It was open more hours than the church was. Jesus hung out on a boat, or in the garden, where he prayed and had fellowship he wasnt tied to the synagogue.

Just a suggestion.

I would encourage you to find a need in a charitable organization that you can fulfill. One that addreses a need in your area. Perhaps volunteering at your local hospital, or nursing home, or food bank. Maybe your church, or one close by has a ministry that you could help with.

I have found that providing a service to those around me in need focuses my mind to what I can do for them, and away from my own problems.

I have also found that I meet others that can minister to my needs among those that I am volunteering. Many friends on whom I now rely were met in such organizations.

Autumn Oddity,

You never need to apologize to anyone regarding your thoughts and\or feelings. (I've done it myself)

You're doing the correct thing, a positive step by reaching out for help and encouragement, in this instance, in here where members should understand and reply with love, encouragement and positive answers, and they have done.

Continue talking to God regarding your innermost feelings.

If I may, I would like to offer a tip that may come across as a bit silly, but it's not, I assure you.
My wife and I have practiced this for many many years

Lookout your notepad, write your thoughts down, take the note\s into the quietness and peacefulness of your bedroom, place them on your bed, go down on your knees and present them before God and talk to Him. I mean really talk to Him, not just in your head, literally talk to him.

I know the journey can be hard at times, but there is someone out there you can talk to, however, unless that person comes to you by way of God, it looks certain you will need to find the correct frame of mind and courage to go out there and find that person. Be careful though if you do go looking, make sure you're guided by God to the safest of places and the correct genuine person to talk to.

You've made a good and positive choice by airing your feelings in here, and you never know, God may just send you that person.

I wish you all the very best in your endeavors.

Shalom
weewillie.

Weewillie has some good advice.
Bible journalling is a good thing to get into. And maybe you are a creative, and like writing or art, and for that you do need time alone to gather your thoughts. How many writers dont write and artists dont create art because there are just too many distractions and people around? So you can see it as a blessing. Use this time to be inspired.

Back