Why Jesus came part 3

Jesus came to show us the Father.

John 1:18- 18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

John 14:9 "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

2. Jesus Came to take away our sins.

John 1:29- The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! ( Note: Take away- to pick up and to carry away.)

Psalm 103:12 He has removed our rebellious acts as far away from us as the east is from the west.

Foreshadowed by the scapegoat in the Old Testament.

Leviticus 16: 21-22- Aaron shall lay both his hands on the head of the live goat, confess over it all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions, concerning all their sins, putting them on the head of the goat, and shall send it away into the wilderness by the hand of a suitable man. The goat shall bear on itself all their iniquities to an uninhabited land; and he shall release the goat in the wilderness.

3. Jesus came so that we could become the children of God.

1 John 3:1 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God!

Romans 8:14-17- For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. So you should not be like cowering, fearful slaves. You should behave instead like God's very own children, adopted into his family -- calling him "Father, dear Father." For his Holy Spirit speaks to us deep in our hearts and tells us that we are God's children. And since we are his children, we will share his treasures -- for everything God gives to his Son, Christ, is ours, too. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.

Unknow quote- " The Son of God became the Son of Man, so that the sons of men could became sons of God...."

4. Jesus came To make our lives full.

John 10:10- The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give life in all its fullness.

John 1: 16 We have all benefited from the rich blessings he brought to us -- one gracious blessing after another.

Matthew 11:28-30-Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light."

Conclusion.

The burdens we carry are heavy. We may carry the yoke of guilt or the yoke of trying to please God through our own religious works, or some other burdens. Jesus invites us to come to Him and take His yoke, meaning that He will come to our side. walk with us every step of the way, and bear our burdens. Jesus' yoke is easy and His burden is light, because it is His strength that carries us.

Back