Why should abortion be banned?

Why should abortion be banned?

Now, before all you guys attack. just wait one. listen.

Abortion is wrong. period. no if and's butts. babies are babies since conception. i will not waver in my belief. HOWEVER....

I don't think it should be banned. i think there should be limitations. but not completely banned. for who are christians to place our beliefs and standards on sinners? aren't sinners doing exactly what they are designed to do? sin? It is not a temptation for the sinners to sin, its what they do. we, on the other hand, should run from temptation, just as joseph did.

now, if we banned it, would that make them not want to have an abortion? obviously not. however, i believe that christians should take a stand, and show them through our patience and love, and well thought out arguments that it is indeed a baby they are killing...

i would like to hear your thoughts. and see if there are ideals, and even scriptures for or against my beliefs on that subject. i am never stubborn to change my views.

I'm against abortion, and for stem cell research. Complicated question for many. One thing I don't understand is how a lady driving to have an abortion is killed by a drunk driver and he/she is charged with 2 counts of manslaughter.

Contradiction

I would give you my opinions on everything you have written however I have a suspition it may be pointless. I will explain, at the bottom of your text you say "I will not be stubborn with my views" which indeed is the best way to be, how else are we to learn and improve our ways but what is it you say on the second line about your beliefs? If you stopped being so scared of knowledge and stopped being a sheep in the croud of ignorance you my find your answers!

I belive it should be illegal. Will it be? I doubt it. I belive it will be like in the days of Noah; the people become more and more wicked and carry on until destruction rains on them from above. Consider what our nation looks like to God. When Cain killed Able God says his blood cried out to Him from the ground-and He heard it. He will repay. In the last 36 years there have been 50 million abortions in this country- that's 10 times the holocaust...and we forget that we stand on blood soaked soil to often. The least of His brothers are being slaughtered. The Church is supposed to be salt and light...the church that is emerging is trying to please the culture instead of standing up for Christ...we serve one Master and we are on one side of the fence or the other. I'm not saying I can stop it, but I can hate it and be against it. I can tell others i talk to about how evil it is, and maybe expose them to thier own depravity. We live in a very desensitized world. This is what we are told about two-thousand years ago: Acts 2:40 Cross References It was wicked back then, even when it was still a heinous offensce to take the Lord's Name in vain...don't look to the culture, look to Scricpture.

Our culture....
"Professing to be wise, they became fools," Rom 1:23

some scricptures you asked for

"O that You would slay the wicked, O God; Depart from me, therefore, men of bloodshed." Psalm 139:19

"Deliver those who are being taken away to death, And those who are staggering to slaughter, Oh hold them back. If you say, "See, we did not know this," Does He not consider it who weighs the hearts? And does He not know it who keeps your soul? And will He not render to man according to his work?" Prov 24:11-12

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;

Psalm 139:13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

http://www.prolifeamerica.com/Bible_Study_Links.cfm
http://www.covenantnews.com/cspa990830.htm

Back