Why wont Jesus hear my prayers?

G

Guest2009

Why wont Jesus hear my prayers?

A friend of mines father has cancer. The doctors say it is terminal and there really isn’t anything they can do about it. It’s really sad and I wish deeply to console my friend.
Then one day I recalled these scriptures,
Matthew 21:21:
I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.
Mark 11:24:
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

James 5:15-16

And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

I prayed myself, heartfully and honestly. Every ounce of faith I have I put into my prayers. Then more scripture came to me,

Matthew 18:19
Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

We have a large group of Christian friends, and I requested a prayer in church for my friends father. But still nothing has happened. Even in our prayer groups.

Matthew 17:20 Jesus says:
For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.

Nothing will be impossible to me. Then why hasn’t my friends fathers cancer been cured? Why wont Jesus hear my prayers and heal him? He is a good Christian man who loves Jesus.

I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt,..........

-----------------
Why wont Jesus hear my prayers and heal him?

Just keep believing and don't doubt. Just because it doesn't happen instantly does not mean God's healing power is not beginning to work in His body.

There are many hinderances to prayer and every situation is different

I've wondered...

Do you think for God to answer our prayers that we must FULLY believe in Him to perform these miracles? Do we need to have no doubt in Him and have no worries in our heart?

I've wondered...

Do you think for God to answer our prayers that we must FULLY believe in Him to perform these miracles? Do we need to have no doubt in Him and have no worries in our heart?

To be honest I don’t know if I believe he hears prayers anymore. At least not mine. I know that Jesus is the way to salvation and we must let him into our hearts. So I suppose you would have to believe in him wholly.

Just keep believing and don't doubt. Just because it doesn't happen instantly does not mean God's healing power is not beginning to work in His body.
I hope you are right. It doesn’t look this way but I will keep the faith. Thank you for your kind words by the way.

I'm asking whoever has the ability to answer that question lol

Does God still perform these miracles even if we still have doubts in our minds that it won't happen? Just a thought

:smiley40: our doubts and fears does not limit God's ability to perform . when it comes to life and death circumstances what is most important :smiley40: is that we accept whether we live or whether we die our eternal life is surely in God's hands . :smiley90: Jesus Christ became our "Tree of Life" death is inevitable :smiley70: it is appointed unto all to die . I know it seems unbearable to hear :smiley70: I lost my Father to death and it was unbearable to know I would never see him again here on earth :smiley70: he did not fight the inevitable but his loved ones surely did :smiley70: it is so hard to accept when we pray for miracles and they dont happen I prayed a miracle would happen and knew when it went the other way and Jesus did give me the faith and the fortitude to get through the burial and the final goodbye as grievous as it was :smiley70: I ask Jesus what am I going to do when my father past away and just recent Jesus in his own special way showed me what , he showed me in his word something my heart could have :smiley90: Jesus is my "TREE OF LIFE" Jesus tells us this in REVELATIONS yet JESUS BEGINS IN GENESIS :smiley90: so from end to beginning and full circle through our time of our cycle of life "JESUS IS OUR TREE OF LIFE" why ? because HE OVERCOME DEATH :smiley90: Jesus was condemned to die a horrible death on a cross (tree) because he claimed to be the son of God ,Jesus was raised from the dead because "HE WAS THE SON OF GOD " :smiley90: there is no fear in trusting Jesus will raise me up ,so whether I live or whether I die I have a cross to look to and I know in my heart Jesus is life eternal he will never leave me even in death nor will he do it to any one who has chosen life in him JESUS THE CHRIST THE LIVING SON OF GOD I pray this comforts you and gives you assurance that even though the worst may happen it will in the end be alright Jesus makes it ALL RIGHT EVEN WHEN DEATH SEEMS SO WRONG

:smiley40: It is not that Jesus does not hear prayers as often as we don't hear his soft answers when we dont understand why it has to be for a time God in his time will explain to each heart that has prayed fervently and I know I dont understand why with many many things I only know Jesus knows what to say to me in his word and I have to have my hope faith and assurance in that word :smiley60::smiley280:I have no doubts God is well able to be God and do the miraculous if it is to be it shall surely be . Yes God can , our wills may not be God's God's will be ,our own will will in time understand why .Jesus prayed in the garden :smiley40: "not my will Father ,but your will " so must we . DID YOU KNOW WHAT ? :smiley90: sometimes healing comes through death and we do not recognize it because of the loss of life in the flesh , however the one in death has lost the cancer permanently . These conditions have no lasting hold on our eternal destination or the life in eternity

I'm asking whoever has the ability to answer that question lol

Does God still perform these miracles even if we still have doubts in our minds that it won't happen? Just a thought

First of all, if I study God's Word, I will learn what His promises are. If He promises something He does not break His promise. So I can be confident of that. If I don't have faith to believe what He says, I need to meditate on His Word for as long as it takes to build my faith to that point. Because faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17). Sometimes we begin praying too soon because we don't really have the faith to believe yet. We pray what His Word says because His will is in His Word. There is no solid basis for any prayer that is not based on His promises.

Faith believes, no matter what the situation and does not doubt. So if I am not sure what His will is or that He will answer my prayer and do what He says then thats not faith, that's doubt.

The scripture mentioned said do not doubt in you HEART (Mark 11:23-25) . But that is different from doubts coming to your mind. I KNOW in my heart thatGod is faithful to His Word. So if a doubt comes to my mind, I immediately cast down that thought and reaffirm I believe God.

God answers the prayer of faith and without faith we cannot please God

Hebrew 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

So how could he answer a prayer that was not in faith but in doubt?

James1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

Back