Why Would God Be Interested In Creating Anything?

workmx

Inactive
Some theists claim that god created the universe.

Why would god be interested in creating anything?

Genesis 1:

10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

Because he is Good and Loving. How could God display his Goodness or Love without creating things to witness and experience them? How could he shine with no eyes to see? He is a thoughtful and caring God, interested in the beings he creates.

You see, the thing about Goodness is that it needs to be spread and shared, that is its nature! Goodness is not mean't for one alone, but for many to enjoy!

If the world existed only with a perfect god in it, then that world would be perfect.

Every non-god object created would degrade that world, because it is not perfect.

Why would god seek to degrade the creation it made?

If the world existed only with a perfect god in it, then that world would be perfect.

Every non-god object created would degrade that world, because it is not perfect.

Goodness needs to be spread. Is not two beings experiencing and sharing Good better than one?

God is Light, he shines forth all Goodness, and we, as his mirrors, reflect that Goodness all around... At least... not anymore.

Also you assume that the things God makes aren't perfect. They are. Why? Because he is!

You are right our God is a PERFECT God - "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect" - Matthew 5:48

We are created in our image (Gen 1:27) BUT because of SIN we are only made perfect through the blood of Jesus. In fact God Almighty calls us "The righteousness of God through Christ Jesus" - 2 Corinthians 5:21

I think you have left sin out of the whole picture here!

Bless you

I did mention sin above, as outlined in 1 John 3:9 say:
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

I wonder what sin you are thinking about.

Last edited:
I did mention sin above, as outlined in 1 John 3:9 say:

I wonder what sin you are thinking about.

Sin is sin to God although consequences we face here on earth due to those sins will differ accordingly.

1 John 3:9 refers to anyone who is born again (Water and Spirit) enters a new life. The old has gone and the new has gone - 2 Corinthians 5:17

I hope that clears your point :)

Sin is sin to God although consequences we face here on earth due to those sins will differ accordingly.

1 John 3:9 refers to anyone who is born again (Water and Spirit) enters a new life. The old has gone and the new has gone - 2 Corinthians 5:17

I hope that clears your point :)

I think the whole key to growing in Christ is to be totally honest with Him. He knows our hearts and wants us to know how much we need Him. He loved us while we where yet sinners.

I John 1:8-10 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to scleanse us from all unrighteousness.10If we say that we have not sinned, we tmake Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Very strange question. God made everything perfect, and at one time the planet was able to sustain life. Now under the curse it just supports it for a short time.

God made man in his image, just like him. With that came free choice.

1 John 3:9 is also does not mean the way your reading it.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
(1Jn 3:7-9)

The opposite of doing righteousness is doing unrighteousness or things not right with God. Righteousness just means right standing with. Someone that continues to do unrighteousness is not born of God.

AMP:
No one born (begotten) of God [deliberately, knowingly, and [8] habitually] practices sin, for God's nature abides in him [His principle of life, the divine sperm, remains permanently within him]; and he cannot practice sinning because he is born (begotten) of God.
(1Jn 3:9)

So I have to be born with sin, then I have to be born again to be without sin.

Sounds complicated. Instead of being born again, can't I just grow up?

Still all that means there will be some with sin, the mere existence of them degrades god's creation. Should we get rid of those not born-again?

None of this answers the original question of why create the firsat humans, who given that god is all-knowing, god knew that they were destined to degarde the creation.

Very strange question. God made everything perfect, and at one time the planet was able to sustain life. Now under the curse it just supports it for a short time.
God made man in his image, just like him. With that came free choice.

But god does not have free will (atleast it is not mentioned in the bible). If fact the bible says that god does not change (Malachi 3:6; Psalm 102:26-27). Therefore choice is impossible.

Last edited:
But god does not have free will (atleast it is not mentioned in the bible). If fact the baible says that god does not change (Malachi 3:6; Psalm 102:26-27). Therefore choice is impossible.

How is ”freedom to choose” equate with “not change what to choose”?

That’s erroneous conclusion.

How is ”freedom to choose” equate with “not change what to choose”?

That’s erroneous conclusion.

So god is not free to choose to be change characteristics? To be nicer? To be crueller? To be more active in the creation (whcih is weird becuadse god is more ghiden in the NT compared to the OT)? Any of these would consitute change.

So, god can't change and is therefore not omnipotent?

Back