Why Would God Be Interested In Creating Anything?

So god is not free to choose to be change characteristics? To be nicer? To be crueller? To be more active in the creation (whcih is weird becuadse god is more ghiden in the NT compared to the OT)? Any of these would consitute change.

So, god can't change and is therefore not omnipotent?

Note: I read you are a sociologist, am more on discussion of concept… not necessarily what is the attributes of God…

What I mean in previous post is you made a wrong conclusion: “Therefore choice is impossible.”

Why?

"Freedom to choose" remains even if one is "consistently choosing the righteous decision".

If someone never changes they cannot be free to choose to be different. They literally cannot change.

Additionally god:
1. hardened the heart of the Pharaoh - preventing Moses from delivering the Isrealites out of slavery (Exodus 9:12);
2. deceived Abraham about the sacrifice of Isaac (Genesis 22); and
3. ordered the the genocide of the Amalekites (1 Samuel 15:2-3) and Canaanites (Deuteronomy 20:17).

None of these seem to be righteous decisions.

Last edited:
If someone never changes they cannot be free to choose to be different. They literally cannot change.

Nope, literally.

“Never change” is different from “cannot change”

“never change” means someone is just faithful, true say to a promise.

Last edited:
Ok. I edited the 3rd line I posted that you quoted above.

I found adding last lines deviates the discussion : )

So I have to be born with sin, then I have to be born again to be without sin.

Sounds complicated. Instead of being born again, can't I just grow up?

Its not complicated. Sin is in the world inevitable with the flesh. It needs a savior to be born again! JESUS!

We don't get to choose...The creator does!

Still all that means there will be some with sin, the mere existence of them degrades god's creation. Should we get rid of those not born-again?

None of this answers the original question of why create the firsat humans, who given that god is all-knowing, god knew that they were destined to degarde the creation.

The creator judges the created. He is righteous and just. If you are the created you submit to a creator not the other way round.

To get really deep into the subject we all existed in the Father in Spirit and he being such a loving God wanted to create us and he definitely enjoys what he created. Sin was what spoiled all of it. Hence why this loving God sent JESUS!! Amen!

Additionally god:
1. hardened the heart of the Pharaoh - preventing Moses from delivering the Isrealites out of slavery (Exodus 9:12);
2. deceived Abraham about the sacrifice of Isaac (Genesis 22); and
3. ordered the the genocide of the Amalekites (1 Samuel 15:2-3) and Canaanites (Deuteronomy 20:17).

None of these seem to be righteous decisions.
1. He did this to display salvation, which is a Good thing.
2. He didn't deceive him, Abraham really would have sacrificed his son. It was the faith God was looking for when he told him to do it. In God's eyes, Abraham did sacrifice his son.
3. Only God knows what the Amalekites and Canaanites would have done if they were not destroyed. God is a righteous judge, and they were probably very wicked people.

1.But god is meant to be omnipotent, why not free them alone?
2. But god still lied. He seems dodgy to me. And why kill his son? Why not something less cruel? Sounds like god was looking for blind obedience not faith, same as in the garden of eden.
3. So, even the children were evil? That seems unlikely.

1.But god is meant to be omnipotent, why not free them alone?
2. But god still lied. He seems dodgy to me. And why kill his son? Why not something less cruel? Sounds like god was looking for blind obedience not faith, same as in the garden of eden.
3. So, even the children were evil? That seems unlikely.
1. God has his purposes and ways of doing things. He did it to point to his son. Actually the WHOLE BIBLE points to JESUS CHRIST. He acted in a way that would point to our savior.
2. Where did he lie exactly? He ordered Abraham to kill his son? That's not a lie, but an order. Then when God saw he was going to he stopped him because he had fulfilled the order in spirit.
3. Children don't go to Hell, believe it or not. God can kill children to punish the sins of the adults, like he did with King David. And who knows, maybe if he didn't kill them they would grow up to do something horrible. Point is, God knows what he is doing, and we are not the ones to tell him otherwise. You only sympathize with the people he destroyed because you are wicked, too.

1. Blinnd obedience is not my cup of tea.
2. If it is a order, then I am right. Your god doesn't want faith, just blind obedience.
3. Seriously you can not be that immoral. Killing children is fine, if god says so? Seriously?

2. If it is a order, then I am right. Your god doesn't want faith, just blind obedience.
3. Seriously you can not be that immoral. Killing children is fine, if god says so? Seriously?
Listen, people die.

God doesn't order us to kill children today because he is offering us grace through faith in Jesus Christ.

If God decides to kill someone for his almighty purposes, then believe it or not, he can, and is justified in doing so.

I'd love to see how you handle being God. I can tell you this much, you wouldn't be as Glorious, Just, Loving, and Omniscient as he is.

Listen, people die.

God doesn't order us to kill children today because he is offering us grace through faith in Jesus Christ.

If God decides to kill someone for his almighty purposes, then believe it or not, he can, and is justified in doing so.

I'd love to see how you handle being God. I can tell you this much, you wouldn't be as Glorious, Just, Loving, and Omniscient as he is.

If I meet your god, it will have a lot to answer for.

3. Seriously you can not be that immoral. Killing children is fine, if god says so? Seriously?[/QUOTE]

1) Pardon me for being so blunt - but that's why there are so many people who choose their own path which eventually leads to destruction. He has given us free will in his grace . Choice is yours!

2) You got it the wrong way. God was testing Abraham's faith. It has a lot of significance to do with how God didn't spare his only son JESUS!!

3) Just so that you know Isaac wasn't killed eventually!

1. But isn't god love. What type of love demands blind obedience?
2.Why does his faith need to be tested. This god seems really petty and controlling.
3. But why the lie and the pettiness.

If god were a human, he would be an abusive husband.

1. But isn't god love. What type of love demands blind obedience?
2.Why does his faith need to be tested. This god seems really petty and controlling.
3. But why the lie and the pettiness.

If god were a human, he would be an abusive husband.
1. It's not blind. We follow him because he is God? He is Good?
2. To prove it's actually there?
3. What lie?

Back