Will God accept a wager?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cturtle. You knew when you asked me the question what the answer was. You knew that the Word of God speaks to all situations.

But the point is and was........"some people just do not have the mental ability anymore to read the Word of God".

Yes i do know the Word speaks to every situation. But instead of bringing Scripture to back up what your claiming your turning it around to explain something else you never said in the beginning. Autumn is totally capable of reading the Word and those whom cannot read it can have it read to them in some way. And then they have the opportunity to accept it or reject what it says.

Might it have been better to say there is no Scripture in God's Holy, Anointed, Alive Word to back up your claim that someone who is diagnosed "clinically"depressed or bi polar or any other diagnoises...cannot be changed by the Word?

Whenever a person comes before us in a forum setting, we should not presume we have anywhere near the information about the situation nor should anyone think they even have the qualifications to treat serious mental illness issues. Mental illness can be just as devastating as a physical illness. We wouldn't say to a person with a broken leg....get up and walk. Its not up to us who, when how or where God chooses to heal. We just obey and pray for that person and administer sound biblical teaching coupled with relevant scripture. But ultimately each person should be referred to proper medical, psychological, legal and/or professional help. We would dare try and diagnose a spinal injury here so the same should go for many other maladies. This forum and many others like it should be like a spiritual first-aid station and then refer people to those qualified to see these things through.

Whenever a person comes before us in a forum setting, we should not presume we have anywhere near the information about the situation nor should anyone think they even have the qualifications to treat serious mental illness issues. Mental illness can be just as devastating as a physical illness. We wouldn't say to a person with a broken leg....get up and walk. Its not up to us who, when how or where God chooses to heal. We just obey and pray for that person and administer sound biblical teaching coupled with relevant scripture. But ultimately each person should be referred to proper medical, psychological, legal and/or professional help. We would dare try and diagnose a spinal injury here so the same should go for many other maladies. This forum and many others like it should be like a spiritual first-aid station and then refer people to those qualified to see these things through.
Is there a reason for you posting this?
I don't see where Any One was coming close to doing anything like this.

You misunderstood totally what I said.

I am not saying that any situation is beyond the capability of God. "Clinical" is just a word. It identifies someone who is medically sick and is used exentsively in the medical field of mental illnesses. A constant sense of hopelessness and despair is a sign you may have major depression, also known as clinical depression.

There can come a point in time when a person afflicted with this problem needs to seek out a medical doctor for proper medication. Medication of a person who is bi-polar or clinically depressed can and has allowed them to live a better life.

Did I say that God should not be prayed to for His healing? NO !
Did I say that God's Word should not be consulted for this person? NO!

All I said was that in some cases these people in this kind of situation simply do not have the capacity or ability to do those things. It is not that they should but it is that they can not.

Major let's get back to the beginning where you quoted me.
I was talking about getting in the Joy of Thee Lord. Not reading or praying or going to church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back