Will God?

Will God?

Of late, I have been reading the prophecies of Ezekiel and I am just floored at the attitude of the people of my generation. Throughout the Bible God has promised to never forget nor to forsake His chosen people, Israel. (Duet. 14:2) He has promised to love them as much as a thousand generations.(Duet. 7:9 Exo. 20:6)

Let's talk about that for a moment. God's perfect number, for those that go that direction, is seven. I have no truck with Numerology but neither do I have a problem with God doing things in sevens to illustrate completeness. So my point, there is good reason to believe that the Earth will suffer te presence of man for about another thousand years before God destroys it.

God has promised to never forsake those that He has called that are faithful to follow Him. (At this point it is always good to remember the Messianic Jew and the fact that the first Christians were Jewish.) The promise is for a thousand generations, the earth will be here for seven thousand years and using today's shorter definition of a generation, the promise is for at least 25,000 years. Folks, I make that out to be forever!

My point now. Will God pour out wrath on the USA? Please read Ezekiel 36. Then look at Israel, today. God poured out His wrath on Israel several times but as I understand it the wrath Ezekiel suffered was from the period when God used the Babylonians to punish them. God totally devastated the land of milk and honey and sent the people off into slavery.

What were they guilty of? They killed their babies in the worship o false gods, we kill ours, today, for the god of convenience. They built temples for the false gods, we have the Mormon Temple in Salt Lake City and Islamic Temples going up on every corner. The Hollywood crowd is busy exporting Buddhism and the worship of that idol. In just this country it is estimated that we have slaughtered just under fifty million unborn children since 1973.

Can you honestly believe in a perfectly just God and still believe that He will not punish us as He did others in the past?

Can you honestly believe in a perfectly just God and still believe that He will not punish us as He did others in the past?
Thank you for your thought provoking question this is what comes to mind:

Romans 2:2-4

2Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment? 4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?

I learn throughout the prophets of a God who with outstretched arms cries out to His people . please just do Good . i want to bless you! Now that Jesus has taken the place of the law as the premise for prophecies (Revelation 19:10) we need to keep in mind that what was done in the Old Testament was an incomplete picture of How God wanted to run things . but in order to make the covenant be based on an agreement with one member of the trinity and another . He needed first to make a covenant with His fallen image and likeness . and because of this certain things happened that don't happen anymore .. well maybe they do . but i don't see any prophets proclaiming it and the exact thing they said coming to pass . because that age has passed as Jesus said . (Luke 16:16) The Creation tends to have its own built in immune system . God doesn't need to stir the pot, we do a good enough job of that ourselves .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Romans 8:15
15For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Philippians 4:4-9
4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Old Testament prophecies sprung from the premise of the Law that said "if you do what is good, then Good things will happen, and if you do what is bad, Bad things will happen to you" But the New Testament springs from Jesus Christ who cried from His wounds "Forgive them, the know not what they do" I would challenge you to read Ezekiel again taking note of the changed premise of the prophetic mandate .

According to Colossians chapter 2 the law was a shadow of the good things to come . Meaning Christ and us His body . the premise of consequential problems still exists because the creation still groans and waits in expectation for the children of God . but consequence is not the message of God . God's message is grace, Grace, and more grace and agape love . God's message is effectively Sin + Jesus = 0 Sin and 1 Redeemed person . And Judgment + Resurrection = 1 New Heaven and 1 New Earth and 0 Sin which makes those who invested a lot of their lives into sin and the world it made . empty in the world to come . And makes those who invested themselves and their lives into knowing Jesus personally and His appearance in others quite full .

Instead of destroying the world in our era of God's plan . He has called us in this manner:

If you see a problem, stop complaining, redeem it .

If you see something that needs changed, be transformed by the renewing of your mind and
be that change in the power Jesus Christ inflows to you .

Those are my thoughts .

Hope you have an awesome day resting in His presence .

-Michael

Very good point , Michael .
learn throughout the prophets of a God who with outstretched arms cries out to His people . please just do Good . i want to bless you! Now that Jesus has taken the place of the law as the premise for prophecies (Revelation 19:10) we need to keep in mind that what was done in the Old Testament was an incomplete picture of How God wanted to run things . but in order to make the covenant be based on an agreement with one member of the trinity and another . He needed first to make a covenant with His fallen image and likeness . and because of this certain things happened that don't happen anymore .. well maybe they do . but i don't see any prophets proclaiming it and the exact thing they said coming to pass . because that age has passed as Jesus said . (Luke 16:16) The Creation tends to have its own built in immune system . God doesn't need to stir the pot, we do a good enough job of that ourselves

That is exactly what I was thinking as well and we cannot compare the O. T. with the New and God's punishments then were to show to the people that He is God and that they needed to obey Him . But as wel see that did not work and that is why we have Jesus who redeemed us from all the O. T. sacrifices and God's wrath .

So to say that God will reign His wrath upon U. S. We cannot say that . Obviously He is displeased but we also see that in the end times all this evil that we are seeing is a forshadow of Christ's return .

Back