Will I get a new personality in Heaven?

Dear Brothers,

I'm suffering from mental illness which basis is that I have no personality. I'm also lack of thoughts, my mind is blank especially when I'm around people. I have no hobbies, no things that I like to do (this can be the affect of drugs). I'm not interested in my social relationships as well, because I can't add anything to the conversations, which is also a struggle of mine.
My question is how our personality in heaven changes when we arrive? Is it possible to become a new man in our new body? Could it be that we will think in a new way which also means we will receive new thoughts and thus get a new personality?
In Jn12,25 Jesus tells us if we hate our lives in this world then we get eternal life, could it mean we get a new life, new personality if we hate it in this world?

I would like to hear your opinion about this topic whether is it possible to become a new me?!

Thank You for Your answers and God Bless You!

First of all, welcome to this forum.

Please let me explain that whatever I may say is not necessarily the opinion of this forum.
In my honest opinion, my understanding of personality is that it is the symptom (expression) of all our harbored beliefs.

Since I am not here for my ego-self, but for my spiritual-self, or soul, it is up to me to prepare my soul.
How well I do this depends on my willingness to risk all for my truth, and Truth itself.
So, part of this preparation actually involves what beliefs, and truths, will I (my soul) be harboring.

If all people simply got a brand new personality in Heaven, then why bother preparing our soul for it.
We prepare because we take with us, when we die, what we believe and what is true.
Judgement is about dividing what is true from what is false. Our beliefs will harbor whatever we trust to be true, regardless if it is true or not.

So, I'll have to ask myself, what beliefs, and more importantly, what truths will I be harboring when it is time for me to die.

First of all Thank You for Your reply!
I'm just wondering about your statement that the personality is the harbored beliefs. My beliefs and my "personality" never met. I had thought much more about myself than I was. I'm tired of this. And now I feel lack of personality and that I'm nobody. Maybe this is because I'm shortcoming of thoughts in my head.

Sometimes feeling a nobody is a good sign. The more spiritual we become the less important our ego becomes. It is our ego that likes to censors what we believe about ourselves. If we allow our ego go self-will-run-riot we will soon become some sort of legend in our own mind. But spirituality points to what is true, and our ego does not like that too much, because itself (the ego) is not true, but a fabricated story so the mind can make sense of itself. (what a long sentence - sorry about that). When we start seeing our own truth, for most of us, it does not look to good at all. We come to realize that we have mostly been operating out of fear. We have manipulated people, places, things, and situations to help us feel okay. this truth makes us feel like a nobody. The truth humbles us. As the saints say, "I am nothing but a sinner".

Take heart my friend, and trust that you are on the road least traveled (the doorway to heaven is narrow). You are here amongst friends who are learning to be true and loving beings.

Dear Brothers,

I'm suffering from mental illness which basis is that I have no personality. I'm also lack of thoughts, my mind is blank especially when I'm around people. I have no hobbies, no things that I like to do (this can be the affect of drugs). I'm not interested in my social relationships as well, because I can't add anything to the conversations, which is also a struggle of mine.
My question is how our personality in heaven changes when we arrive? Is it possible to become a new man in our new body? Could it be that we will think in a new way which also means we will receive new thoughts and thus get a new personality?
In Jn12,25 Jesus tells us if we hate our lives in this world then we get eternal life, could it mean we get a new life, new personality if we hate it in this world?

I would like to hear your opinion about this topic whether is it possible to become a new me?!

Welcome to the forum :D

I believe we will be different in heaven. If you think about it, we are shaped by the things around us, our genetics, the issues our parents and grandparents had, and these things shape who we are. Think of an example of a traumatic child event like a house fire. They lost everything, maybe even a sibling, how would that affect them when compared to another just like them except they never had such a terrible experience? We are affected through and through by sin in us and around us. In heaven we won't have sin nor the effects of sin. We will have a new body free of issues. But I thoroughly believe that we can have freedom from these things today in our lives here on earth because of this verse:

1 John 4:17 (KJV)
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

What is Jesus like now, in heaven? Whatever that answer, so are we today in this world, we just have to believe it. We all suffer from mental illness. Some live in fear, some live in denial, still some live in reality only, while another lives in faith. Just because you take medication doesn't make you any worse than the rest of us. For we all have this promise:

2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV)
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.​

The truth is brother, we don't know what it's like to have a mind that's free from sin, so how do you know you're not actually the one who's normal and we're all the ones with the issue? :D I don't do well in social settings either. I don't like platitudes so I don't give them either. I don't get "inside" jokes and I can't "read between the lines" as they say. I'm gullible and my sense of humor is only by accident. When people laugh because of something I've said, I honestly don't have a clue why. But I'm pleased to have made them laugh. This is also why I love emoticons (y) :D

Either way, God loves you VERY much and He sees you perfect and one day, when He comes, we too will see ourselves as He sees us. :D God bless.

Luke 24:45
Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.
Ephesians 4:23
to be made new in the attitude of your minds;
Phil 2:5
In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
Romans 8:6The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace
Romans 12:2 [Full Chapter]
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Luke 24:45
Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.
Ephesians 4:23
to be made new in the attitude of your minds;
Phil 2:5
In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
Romans 8:6The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace
Romans 12:2 [Full Chapter]
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
I think we will be different in the forever world, I also think we are becoming different here as we die to self and Jesus becomes more alive in us now, wooohooo, lol

Dear Brothers,

Welcome to cfs! Blessings of grace and peace be yours in abundance!

In my thoughts the biggest thing and help you can do for yourself is to renew your mind to the Word of God so that you can conform to the Word instead of the temporary way you are seeing yourself in your mind and body right now. The Power of the Living Word of God is greater than what the drugs or anything else in your life has done to you. Many people of this world allow themselves to be ruled by emotions and outside influences. But God desires that we be ruled by the Holy Spirit. And by the ways of God.

With that said...i believe that you will be in heaven very similar to the way that you are on this earth. But free from all of the oppression and evil of this world. Free from all of your fears, and labels and negative thoughts.

We will be praying for you!
God bless

Dear Brothers,

Taking prescription drugs for a illness might affect how one interacts with other people, but it can not affect mans spirit, or soul that is out of bounds of such drugs. The only thing that can affect man's spirit, and soul is the "Word" of God, that gives the new birth, saves our souls, and bring healing to our bodies. Now, that is good medicine!! As for being not social and not speaking many words when you are around others is not a bad thing as the scriptures tells us, "let our words be few while on this earth, and that in the multitude of words sin is not lacking" (Ecc 5:9) (Prov 10:10)
When I was growing up I was very very introverted, shy, and never said anything to other people as I did not have anything either to contribute to the conversations I was hearing. I thought there was something wrong with myself. When I came to the Lord almost 40 years ago the Lord God knew my inabilities in being able to converse with others. The Lord changed all that and he gave me something to contribute to any conversation especially if it is about the Lord God. The Lord taught me his Word, and that is what I talk about all the time without any fear. You can not shut me up, just ask my wife!!
Your "personality" is in your "soul" not your mind where drugs might be having their affect. As for God giving you new thoughts absolutely yes, and we do not have to wait until a certain day in the future to have these new thoughts. Once we begin to study, and learn from the Spirit of God he leads us to places that tells us, "we have the mind of Christ", which does not dwell in our head, but heart. We learn that no one knows the "thoughts" of a man except for the spirit of man that is inside him. No one knows the "thoughts " of God except for the Spirit of God. We have not received the spirit of this world, but the Spirit which is of God that we might know the thoughts of God!!! Think about this, you have the mind of Christ, and you are filled with his Spirit which are the thoughts of God!!! Of course these things do not just automatically come as we must discover them in the Word of God and "believe" them for yourself before you can begin to experience them in this life. Brother you are a one of a kind person. There is no one like you anywhere. Your personality is what makes you unique to any other person that has ever lived. God thoughts in how you express them to others is your personalty expressing them in only how you can.

Dear Brothers, I'm suffering from mental illness which basis is that I have no personality. I'm also lack of thoughts, my mind is blank especially when I'm around people. I have no hobbies, no things that I like to do (this can be the affect of drugs). I'm not interested in my social relationships as well, because I can't add anything to the conversations, which is also a struggle of mine. My question is how our personality in heaven changes when we arrive? Is it possible to become a new man in our new body? Could it be that we will think in a new way which also means we will receive new thoughts and thus get a new personality?In Jn12,25 Jesus tells us if we hate our lives in this world then we get eternal life, could it mean we get a new life, new personality if we hate it in this world?I would like to hear your opinion about this topic whether is it possible to become a new me?!Thank You for Your answers and God Bless You!

I think your question really is "who am I",
I certainly find it intriguing. the different aspects of personality which I think we will keep going to heaven, if you meet me in heaven you will know me and I will know you,
you won't have transformed into something different, though in your body you will have.
i'm a loner, I like being alone, but I like my wife being around and I like to just be around people so I don't want to be on an island somewhere.
I don't enjoy going out and meeting people, but I enjoy talking to finding out about other people their lives how they grew up etc etc.
I don't like the thought of helping people but I like helping people.
i'm not a volunteering type, maybe i'm selfish, however i'm generous so i'm not selfish.
i'm very intelligent at times and very dumb at times, oh boy am I dumb.
when I was young I was adventurous to a point, but I think i'm mostly a home body. I enjoy being a couch potatoe don't make me feel guilty cause you like to travel or make money or whatever.
I love the smell of old comics and books.
I love to sit and watch the ocean waves,
I love to stay in bed on cold rainy days.
I love to see joy on peoples faces when they have won the competition or a father is proud of his son or a person looks on their girl/boyfriend with wide eyes of love.
who are you magiclevinho?... your somebody.

'But God, who is rich in mercy,
for His great love wherewith He loved us,
Even when we were dead in sins,
hath quickened us together with Christ,
[by grace ye are saved]
And hath raised us up together,
and made us sit together
in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
That in the ages to come
He might shew
the exceeding riches of His grace
in His kindness toward us
through Christ Jesus.'

(Eph 2:4-7)

Hello @magiclevinho,

I praise God that He loves us so very dearly. He loves you very much, magiclevinho.

Within the new heaven and the new earth, there will be righteousness, and the conditions that existed in the garden of Eden before the entrance of sin and death. What will be markedly true for us, is the a 'exceeding' riches of grace, and kindness that we will receive from God the Father through Christ Jesus.

We will also have new (resurrection) bodies, and minds free from the effect of the fall of man, and as all sickness came as a consequence of the entrance of sin into the world, so it will be markedly free from these things.

God knows your condition, magiclevinho, and His strength will be sufficient for you, as you place your trust in Him.
He will keep and He will save.

Praise His Name!
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Welcome to the forum :D

I believe we will be different in heaven. If you think about it, we are shaped by the things around us, our genetics, the issues our parents and grandparents had, and these things shape who we are. Think of an example of a traumatic child event like a house fire. They lost everything, maybe even a sibling, how would that affect them when compared to another just like them except they never had such a terrible experience? We are affected through and through by sin in us and around us. In heaven we won't have sin nor the effects of sin. We will have a new body free of issues. But I thoroughly believe that we can have freedom from these things today in our lives here on earth because of this verse:

1 John 4:17 (KJV)
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

What is Jesus like now, in heaven? Whatever that answer, so are we today in this world, we just have to believe it. We all suffer from mental illness. Some live in fear, some live in denial, still some live in reality only, while another lives in faith. Just because you take medication doesn't make you any worse than the rest of us. For we all have this promise:

2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV)
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.​

The truth is brother, we don't know what it's like to have a mind that's free from sin, so how do you know you're not actually the one who's normal and we're all the ones with the issue? :D I don't do well in social settings either. I don't like platitudes so I don't give them either. I don't get "inside" jokes and I can't "read between the lines" as they say. I'm gullible and my sense of humor is only by accident. When people laugh because of something I've said, I honestly don't have a clue why. But I'm pleased to have made them laugh. This is also why I love emoticons (y) :D

Either way, God loves you VERY much and He sees you perfect and one day, when He comes, we too will see ourselves as He sees us. :D God bless.
This was really beautiful abdicate..

I feel ( my interpretation) I feel all the positives about us ..basically us without sin is what will remain..

Like ill use myself for example.. I struggle with anxiety and fear ...but despite tho i can be bubbly around people and just sweet... So in heaven I feel those two traits will be added... With the fruits of the spirit( long suffering,faithful,patient,kind ECT..full of joy) you know the list

When God made us he didn't make a mistake, its just sin tainted us.. Doesnt mean he wants to throw us away..just fix what he thought was already perfect but got broken along the way.

Another example is someone who is humorous.. I definitely think laughter is a gift, especially for the world we live in.. But that gift gets tainted when laced with curse words,stereotypes or teasing... When the person I redeemed, I feel he'd still be humorous it'd just be clean.

Like.. What is an owl's favorite subject...? Owl-gebra
Instead of the material most stand up comics use.
TL;DR- we'd be a better version of ourselves.

This was really beautiful abdicate..

I feel ( my interpretation) I feel all the positives about us ..basically us without sin is what will remain..

Like ill use myself for example.. I struggle with anxiety and fear ...but despite tho i can be bubbly around people and just sweet... So in heaven I feel those two traits will be added... With the fruits of the spirit( long suffering,faithful,patient,kind ECT..full of joy) you know the list

When God made us he didn't make a mistake, its just sin tainted us.. Doesnt mean he wants to throw us away..just fix what he thought was already perfect but got broken along the way.

Another example is someone who is humorous.. I definitely think laughter is a gift, especially for the world we live in.. But that gift gets tainted when laced with curse words,stereotypes or teasing... When the person I redeemed, I feel he'd still be humorous it'd just be clean.

Like.. What is an owl's favorite subject...? Owl-gebra
Instead of the material most stand up comics use.
TL;DR- we'd be a better version of ourselves.
Thank you for the kind words :D God bless pancakes :)

Back